Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142518 times)

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2014, 08:47:23 pm »
You people hate listening to me don't you? xD    Wolfspeak was around well before Wolf Quest. WELL before it.

Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who caught this. XD Hasn't it been around since Furcadia? Or is it even older than that?
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline -Toboe-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2014, 10:55:21 pm »
I used to wolf speak also, when I was little and I had a WolfQuest. Never on FeralHeart. Or Impressive Title. I believe the words they use originated mainly from WolfQuest, due to that silly chat filter they have/had that blocked literally everything. However, I think some of it was around before WolfQuest. But it's most likely that most of the users using wolf speak on here are from WolfQuest, and the language stuck, I suppose. Nonetheless, I think it's silly and they should at least look for synonyms closer to the word the want, rather than using something completely abstract and dissimilar to the word they truly mean. I really hate how these packs use the words improperly, and then claim that it's correct. But it's odd, because back in 2011 there was really no wolf speak on here. I guess it's because this game had yet to take off. Ah well, I guess this is why I only hang around private maps/less populated maps nowadays, haha. Bonfire Island kills me every time I set foot in there. I really don't see why they can't just use illustrative words to express what they are trying to say.

Offline MoonStream607

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Nera Orion
    • View Profile
    • Wolves of Foxwood- My tribe I am 2nd in command. Only wolves and it has two Tribes, magic and dark. Magia and Ruban.
« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2014, 01:44:16 am »
I dont believe seeing anyone WS. But I was skimming through and. read it. WS, in my opinion, is not bad, but not the best either. Wolves (people) can carry on to what they think is okay. Done, opinion stated...
-Allgemeine of the Magia Tribe-
Find me in-game as Nera Orion

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:24 pm »
((There is no room for arguing on this thread. Everyone's makes mistakes, everyone's human, so do not burst. Kthnx.))

Just, I don't like wolfspeak at all. In my opinion, it's illiterate. That's all.

As that is Their Opinion.

Umm..

Wolfspeak isn't the "correct" way to roleplay. The correct way to roleplay is to have a scene of action that everyone can understand, ether if it's words or actions. For example, the stereotypical young TLK roleplayers at Bonfire who say stuff like "pushs zira of clif no mis" are not roleplaying right. Most wolfspeakers are not correctly roleplaying because they are trying too hard to be smart (and being very rude while they are at it), and is using words that the common man most likely will not understand. It's likely not even George Washington or Shakespeare will understand "wolfspeak". A correct way to roleplay is like Hackers.'s rp sample.

Pardon me as I say, I did
NOT
say WS was THE correct way to RP.
When on earth did I say that?

However, it is A correct way, due to the fact that, by the looks of this thread, we know what they mean.
If we agree or not with their words is another problem.

RPing as a whole is, in my mind, just typing a bunch of stuff to say what your character is doing or acting.
This thread PROVES that we CAN understand wolfspeakers, and therefor, it IS a proper way to RP.
Though, at the same time, completely wrong due to word choice.

As stated above me, words are unrelated to their use, but do we understand their point?
YES.

So therefor, they ARE RPers.
You cannot say it isn't a way to RP, because it obviously IS.

And those TLK RPers are RPing too, we can understand what they're doing, they can understand it.
As long as that's true, it is an RP.
And '...are not RPing right.' Erm, yes they are.
That is how they RP.

Being Literate is not THE way to RP, as you seem to of ment.
Just take a drop by any forum RP area, and you see.
People RP like that there, it isn't just FH.
People also RP literately.

Sorry for my forever-long rant here, but it's true. >:|

Also:
I am in NO way supporting the idea of WS.
I am just trying to back up my previous point.

And I have to say I agree with you. 

+Floof for you, M'Dear.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline -Toboe-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:23 pm »
((There is no room for arguing on this thread. Everyone's makes mistakes, everyone's human, so do not burst. Kthnx.))

Just, I don't like wolfspeak at all. In my opinion, it's illiterate. That's all.

Umm..

Wolfspeak isn't the "correct" way to roleplay. The correct way to roleplay is to have a scene of action that everyone can understand, ether if it's words or actions. For example, the stereotypical young TLK roleplayers at Bonfire who say stuff like "pushs zira of clif no mis" are not roleplaying right. Most wolfspeakers are not correctly roleplaying because they are trying too hard to be smart (and being very rude while they are at it), and is using words that the common man most likely will not understand. It's likely not even George Washington or Shakespeare will understand "wolfspeak". A correct way to roleplay is like Hackers.'s rp sample.

Pardon me as I say, I did
NOT
say WS was THE correct way to RP.
When on earth did I say that?

However, it is A correct way, due to the fact that, by the looks of this thread, we know what they mean.
If we agree or not with their words is another problem.

RPing as a whole is, in my mind, just typing a bunch of stuff to say what your character is doing or acting.
This thread PROVES that we CAN understand wolfspeakers, and therefor, it IS a proper way to RP.
Though, at the same time, completely wrong due to word choice.

As stated above me, words are unrelated to their use, but do we understand their point?
YES.

So therefor, they ARE RPers.
You cannot say it isn't a way to RP, because it obviously IS.

And those TLK RPers are RPing too, we can understand what they're doing, they can understand it.
As long as that's true, it is an RP.
And '...are not RPing right.' Erm, yes they are.
That is how they RP.

Being Literate is not THE way to RP, as you seem to of ment.
Just take a drop by any forum RP area, and you see.
People RP like that there, it isn't just FH.
People also RP literately.

Sorry for my forever-long rant here, but it's true. >:|

Also:
I am in NO way supporting the idea of WS.
I am just trying to back up my previous point.

And I have to say I agree with you. 

+Floof for you, M'Dear.

I agree with you. I believe there is no "correct" way to roleplay, it's just bothersome sometimes. Sometimes it's ridiculous and illiterate, but hey, if they like to RP like that, it's their choice. My only suggestions to the people who RP like this is that they use these words in figurative language instead of as synonyms for simpler words. It would make so much more sense! You have to give them credit though, at least they are trying to expand their vocabulary, unlike the other inhabitants of Bonfire (lmfao)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2014, 06:03:45 am »

haha I don't understand if you are talking about my opinion or her's. Just to let you know I am not being biased and attacking everyone like I'm a different political party.

Everyone is starting to go against me. lol What did I do?

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2014, 10:27:25 am »
Observation: This thread is still going strong, congrats~!

Second observation: Calm down, intelligent conversation can be had here if no one gets angry over nothing c:

Third observation: Very good conversational (and argument /shot) topic you have here, m'dear.

Opinion:
 I don't think anyone should be ragging on wolfspeakers, or non-wolfspeakers. It's rude. Let people do what they enjoy, and don't judge them harshly for it. If you can't understand someone, ask NICELY, and if they take offence, they are idiots. ;D Some words might not make sense to le dictionary, but words are invented, right? Their meanings change with time, yes? Just let them have fun, and if it doesn't make perfect dictionary sense (but the meaning can still be divined) then go wit' the flow.

They aren't lesser than you because they talk differently.

Offline MoonStream607

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Nera Orion
    • View Profile
    • Wolves of Foxwood- My tribe I am 2nd in command. Only wolves and it has two Tribes, magic and dark. Magia and Ruban.
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2014, 06:54:59 pm »
I agree. We shouldn't turn on eachother for a simple way to rp. I think we can state our opinions calmly without anyone else taking anything personally and biting the other's head off in the process. Great argument, but going a bit too far. Breathe, relax, and move on.
-Allgemeine of the Magia Tribe-
Find me in-game as Nera Orion

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:12 pm »
-casually crosses arms and sighs.-

I don't really see why this thread is still going on. It made a couple of fights here and there, and we basically got to the point.

I never really imprinted my actual opinion on this thread, so I'll just say it now.
No matter where wolfspeak originated from, it's a way of speach taken in by some users, and I don't see a problem with it, really, it's just a thing.

I could have wrote a whole rant about this, but I won't , headache creeping in.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2014, 03:14:54 am »
lol I hope you are not blaming this all on me. :^)

Seriously, I didn't want this to be another "GENRAL IZ DOWNE" thread and it will be locked for a stupid reason.

Keep calm and listen to some Panic!. :))))))))))))