Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 142510 times)

Offline Hartleyfawn

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2014, 04:15:13 pm »
      I swear, wolfspeak is just another way for people act and sound smarter and act higher than the rest of people. I mean... I get the fact they wanna be unique,  but when you sound like an 8-year old with a list of made-up words to sound like a 17-year old who read a dictionary over and over and over again... just... wow. I mean, the fact that most wolfspeakers call themselves 'literate' really ticks me off, since the fact they are NOT, and I mean NOT, literate WHAT-SO-EVER if you use made-up words in a paragraph. It's like saying 'the byuia fuweio hufwe fewiiwjm anipa an,jek ah ahujk'. e-e I mean... I'd say a wolfspeaker is more illiterate than a chat/text-speaker, not to mention that they are both pretty much put into a category the same place of each other. Fact is, I'd say as far away from a wolfspeaker as I can, unless they are my friend. But still, I despise all wolfspeaking. And some day, I'm gonna tell they they are grammatically incorrect, and illiterate. Sure, they capitalize the letters, but made-up words? Please, I'd rather roleplay with a text-speaker... And the fact that you have to post 3 paragraphs just to do something so simple, like SITTING DOWN?! That's absolute nonsense.

If I was a WolfSpeaker, I'd be very ashamed. And for these reasons.

1) Wolfspeaking is just another way to act literate and smart and be like a show-off.
2) It is nonsense and grammatically incorrect, and does NOT mean it is literate.
3) It's literate, and is worse than chat-speak. Chat-speak can be understood.
4) It's idiotic, and I feel should never exist.

In my mind, I usually say
'Have fun roleplaying as an illiterate, ungrammarly, pompous wolfspeaker with a fake dictionary.  ::)'
If all else fails, eat a cookie and throw a potato. X3

Offline -Toboe-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:49 pm »
      I swear, wolfspeak is just another way for people act and sound smarter and act higher than the rest of people. I mean... I get the fact they wanna be unique,  but when you sound like an 8-year old with a list of made-up words to sound like a 17-year old who read a dictionary over and over and over again... just... wow. I mean, the fact that most wolfspeakers call themselves 'literate' really ticks me off, since the fact they are NOT, and I mean NOT, literate WHAT-SO-EVER if you use made-up words in a paragraph. It's like saying 'the byuia fuweio hufwe fewiiwjm anipa an,jek ah ahujk'. e-e I mean... I'd say a wolfspeaker is more illiterate than a chat/text-speaker, not to mention that they are both pretty much put into a category the same place of each other. Fact is, I'd say as far away from a wolfspeaker as I can, unless they are my friend. But still, I despise all wolfspeaking. And some day, I'm gonna tell they they are grammatically incorrect, and illiterate. Sure, they capitalize the letters, but made-up words? Please, I'd rather roleplay with a text-speaker... And the fact that you have to post 3 paragraphs just to do something so simple, like SITTING DOWN?! That's absolute nonsense.

If I was a WolfSpeaker, I'd be very ashamed. And for these reasons.

1) Wolfspeaking is just another way to act literate and smart and be like a show-off.
2) It is nonsense and grammatically incorrect, and does NOT mean it is literate.
3) It's literate, and is worse than chat-speak. Chat-speak can be understood.
4) It's idiotic, and I feel should never exist.

In my mind, I usually say
'Have fun roleplaying as an illiterate, ungrammarly, pompous wolfspeaker with a fake dictionary.  ::)'

You do have a point, but you have to realize that most wolf-speakers are like ten at the least, thirteen or fourteen at the most. I'm not going to disclose my age, for the fear that people are going to act biased against me, but whatever. It is illiterate and wrong, but we all start somewhere. I remember roleplaying on WolfQuest, Furcadia, IT, etc... Oh god, it was horrible. Everytime I think about it I cringe xD. It does bother me a lot, but I tend to just go into a private map or work on a private map.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2014, 02:17:15 am »
((There is no room for arguing on this thread. Everyone's makes mistakes, everyone's human, so do not burst. Kthnx.))

Just, I don't like wolfspeak at all. In my opinion, it's illiterate. That's all.

As that is Their Opinion.
haha I don't understand if you are talking about my opinion or her's. Just to let you know I am not being biased and attacking everyone like I'm a different political party.

Everyone is starting to go against me. lol What did I do?

I am talking about the person you had said to,  'There is no room for arguing on this forums.'

Tell me then, why everyone here is arguing on this subject?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2014, 03:07:08 am »
((There is no room for arguing on this thread. Everyone's makes mistakes, everyone's human, so do not burst. Kthnx.))

Just, I don't like wolfspeak at all. In my opinion, it's illiterate. That's all.

As that is Their Opinion.
haha I don't understand if you are talking about my opinion or her's. Just to let you know I am not being biased and attacking everyone like I'm a different political party.

Everyone is starting to go against me. lol What did I do?

I am talking about the person you had said to,  'There is no room for arguing on this forums.'

Tell me then, why everyone here is arguing on this subject?
I'm trying not to argue on this thread, heck, I'm preventing people from making this a kangaroo court, so don't blame this all on me. :T NOW LETS GET BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE.

This thread is going to be pointlessly locked in 3....2....1....

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2014, 03:16:53 am »
I agree. There has been no actual arguing on this thread. At most, we've had debates. It's a calm discussion on a topic many of us are against. It's not like we put up a petition saying to ban wolfspeak and are acting like haters. XD Especially not if you take the time to actually read the thread. There's a lot of people here who are on the fence about wolfspeak, or who agree that the usage of certain words found in wolfspeak are fine (such as orbs for eyes). I, personally, hate most wolfspeak, but even I still try to branch out some of my words so I'm not saying "ear" the same way five times in a couple sentences, or some such. It's when they try to get way too fancy that I get annoyed and roll my eyes (or laugh because I know what the words actually mean and get a hilarious mental image). I also get annoyed with those amongst the wolfspeakers who do get pompous and arrogant and accuse others of "not being literate" just because they aren't using the same style of typing (especially when the definition of "literate" is "someone who can read and write", not "someone who knows a ton of words").
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2014, 04:00:54 pm »
I agree. There has been no actual arguing on this thread. At most, we've had debates. It's a calm discussion on a topic many of us are against. It's not like we put up a petition saying to ban wolfspeak and are acting like haters.

Oh really?  I said nothing about a Petition, in fact, I was only pointing out some things that I found invalid in MY opinion.  And yet, instead of respecting the opinions of people who are ok with it, you, do indeed, hate.  Quite a bit.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Sir Equius

« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2014, 07:13:35 pm »
I agree. There has been no actual arguing on this thread. At most, we've had debates. It's a calm discussion on a topic many of us are against. It's not like we put up a petition saying to ban wolfspeak and are acting like haters.

Oh really?  I said nothing about a Petition, in fact, I was only pointing out some things that I found invalid in MY opinion.  And yet, instead of respecting the opinions of people who are ok with it, you, do indeed, hate.  Quite a bit.

D--> Let's all take a minute to calm down here, before hard feelings start to form and everything turns personal. We shouldn't turn on each other for a style of roleplay that is questionable. Some people like it and use it, while others just don't. No big deal.

I'll drive this conversation back on subject now.

D--> What do I think of all this? I'm not a user of wolfspeak, since the words that are used can be confusing. I would rather use simple words than random words to roleplay. If someone is used to using wolfspeak and can understand it pretty well, then that's just fine too. The only thing I don't like about wolfspeak is when wolfspeakers try to force it onto others. What I mean is, I don't like it when those who use it say it's the literate way to roleplay and everything else is just amature and "noobish". I haven't met too many people like that, but I have met a couple before.

D--> In another thread, people have made the statement that there really is no right or wrong way to roleplay. Wolfspeak is neither the right nor the wrong way to roleplay. It's just a roleplay skill. Either you use it or you don't. Either way is fine.

D--> So there is no need to tr0ll each other about this. It's just a big waste of time.

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2014, 07:13:32 am »

I hate wolfspeak itself, yes. I hate no wolfspeak players unless they act arrogant at me because I choose not to wolfspeak, myself, or because I express my opinion about it. At what point have I openly insulted every single wolfspeaker out there? I insult the wolfspeak itself, and I insult not those who defend it, but those who are antagonistict about it towards me. It may SEEM like I have attacked wolfspeakers as a whole, but that would just be someone putting words in my mouth. I've been friends with wolfspeakers before, and even roledplayed with one on a frequent basis. So, yes. I hate wolfspeak itself "quite a bit." The players? Only if they're rude to me.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2014, 09:00:04 am »

Psst, Mondevu doesn't have a single bit of hate in her comment, actually. Calm down and sing Yellow Submarine.

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!!
YELLOW SUBMARINE!
YELLOW SUBMARINE!
WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE!
YELLOW SUBMARINE!
YELLOW SUBMARINE!

lol Seriously, you are starting an argument. Do not start one, because this thread would be immediately be locked, which I don't want it to be, so shush.

P.S.: Mondevu didn't say anything about actually putting a petition up, and it wasn't directed to you. ;B

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 25, 2014, 01:44:48 pm »

Let's take a moment and calm down, ya'?

I'm seriously not sure how this thread is still going on, it's become a clutter of random comments, debates, and I'm sure there was some arguing in there.
Wolfspeak's a ROLEPLAY STYLE who SOME people use because they're COMFORTABLE WITH IT, and going on and on about this single thing for 27 pages is kind of useless. We already know what we like and don't like, this thread's point was made.

Is there really a right or wrong way to roleplay? I don't think so, as much of the users said in this thread. Wolfspeak's just a STYLE, just like a drawing style. There;s digital and traditional, so let's say wolfspeak's one of those. I don't understand why people are fussing over this, still.

I'll think about getting a MOD to lock this.