Author Topic: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]  (Read 21101 times)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
.: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:24 pm »

I did not draw this picture, I just edited black edges in. Full credit goes to the original creator.

.: Behind the Mask of Unity :.

.: PLOT :.
The neighborhoods of London have been tranquil-- until now, at least. Reports of an unknown creature with a dragon's skull mask have been popping up for the last few days, and now some citizens have noticed some of their items are missing. This mysterious masquerade is now taking the risk of creeping into houses and ravaging through their yards, though its identity is safely hidden beneath its mask.
Professor Layton, his assistant, Luke Triton, and many of their allies and friends must join forces to conquer the puzzle of the legendary Mask of Unity.

.: BASIC INFORMATION :.

Time | Morning (10/11 AM, near lunchtime)
Season | Late Summer (Temperature around 70 degrees)
Setting | London

.: RULES :.

Keep to Appropriate Language and Behavior
This roleplay is meant to be kept family-friendly. Swearing is not allowed, whether OOC or IC. Any innapropriate subjects and actions will not be tolerated. Not just because of younger viewers, but not everyone likes a lot of blood, gore, swearing and stuff like that. The Professor Layton series is child-friendly, so why shouldn't the roleplays be?

OOC Fighting
Be friends and respect eachother. Hate the character, not the person roleplaying that character! Getting along makes everyone happy, and I don't appreciate seeing out-of-character arguing and fighting on my threads. Friendly plot debates are fine, though, if they aren't meant as an offense to another member.

Mary Sues/Gary Stues
Your character isn't the most beautiful and perfect person in the universe. If any bouts of Mary-Sues/Gary Stues are sighted in an application or roleplay post, your character will be turned down immediately. Whether your character is male or female, they are not the best, and they are not leaving a trail 'o pretty/handsome everywhere they go.

Character Limit
For now, you are allowed only three characters per member. One OC and two canons, two OCs and one canon... or just three OCs. It is encouraged to have at least one canon in posession, but if one is not good at playing canon characters, it's alright.

Romance
Romance is allowed, though it is to be kept at a child-friendly level, nothing more than that. Any levels higher will not be tolerated-- just like the first rule about keeping to appropriate language and behavior.

Be Descriptive!
Please try to be descriptive on your roleplay paragraphs and applications. Laziness is usually not allowed, but if one has writers' block a minimum of a small paragraph is mandatory. But in usual posts, try to at least have a few paragraphs included within them.

Correct Grammar
Correct grammar, punctuation and capitalization is required. Typos are fine if they are not in every sentence-- we don't expect everyone to be perfect. c: But any posts of "she leapft awf of teh rewf" or "She Leapt Off Of The Roof" will not be tolerated.

Spamming
Spamming is not allowed whatsoever. If you missed something or misspelled something in your previous post, the Modify option isn't there for nothing. Try not to double-post, but posting more than once on accident is fine, just try not to cause that to happen.
Bumping, on the other hand, is alright, but if the time span of no one posting is only about an hour or two, please refrain from bumping until at least a day or two passes.

Read the Rules
Please read the rules thoroughly. If you have read them, please add "This reminds me of a puzzle" somewhere after your application.

Work in progress, please do not post until finished. c:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:32:19 am by Scallywag »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, NU POSTIN')
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:15:49 pm »
.: CANON CHARACTERS :.

Main characters
Professor Hershel Layton - Played by Temporal
Luke Triton - Played by WarriorMoo
Flora Reinhold
Emmy Altava

Supporting characters
Inspector Chelmey
Don Paolo
Inspector Clamp Grosky
Jean Descole
Granny Riddleton
Dr. Schrader

Supporting characters in the first trilogy
Baron Reinhold
Lady Dahlia
Katia Anderson
Anton Herzen
Mr. Beluga
Clive Dove
Dimitri Allen
Claire Folley

Supporting characters in the second trilogy
Clark Triton
Arianna Barde
Loosha
Janice Quatlane
Oswald Whistler
Melina Whistler
Amelia Ruth
Lando Ascad
Sharon Leidle
Broneph Reinel

.: ORIGINAL CHARACTERS :.

Zecora May - Played by Temporal
Artemis Haddock - Played by WarriorMoo

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:30:44 pm by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »
.: EXAMPLE APPLICATION FORMAT :.

{Picture here - Not too big or too small}
Name: (Name of your character)
Ethnicity: (What nationality was your character in before London?)
Personality: (How does your character act, what are their weaknesses/strengths/likes/dislikes/etc.?)
History: (What happened in your character's past? This is optional, but encouraged)
Crush: (Who does your character really like? Optional, if none, put N/A)
Occupation: (Does your character have a job? Optional, if none, put N/A)
Description: (If not able to use a picture, what does your character look like? Be descriptive! 3+ sentences required)
Other: (Extra facts about your character. If none, put N/A)

.: APPLICATION FORMAT :.

Code: [Select]
{Picture here - Not too big or too small}
Name:
Ethnicity:
Personality:
History:
Crush:
Description:
Other:

You don't need to fill out an application for a canon, but you can if you'd like. c:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:57:02 pm by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »
.: MEMBERS :.

Temporal

Name: Zecora May
Age: 13 (Around Luke's age, I think?Iseriouslydon'tknowhisage)
Ethnicity: British
Personality: As a random, outspoken girl, Zecora will say silly things at the silliest of times. She is new to researching puzzles and ancient artifacts, as which this rookie will pretend to give up and then bounce right back up to the plate, but when times get rough she'll get tense and she jumps at the slightest noise. She's just a bundle of energy, and even though she's not a morning person, she perks up surprisingly quick, and her outbursts can be amusing.
History: Born in London, her parents went away for a year vacation when she was six years old, leaving her to be tended to her grandparents. As the time went by, day by day, and then month by month, Zecora started to miss her kin, refusing to go outside until they returned. After their reunion a year later, every day went by normally, until when she grew to be eleven a mysterious creature was sighted rummaging in the garbage can. She didn't see it after that, until two years later it returned.
Zecora has a younger brother (NPC) who likes to tease her every time she turns around.
Crush: She has a little crush on Luke.
Other: Zecora's hobby is playing an ocarina. Her theme is "(Hey You) Free Up Your Mind" from Pokemon - The First Movie.

WarriorMoo
Picture is from my DeviantArt :>
Name: Artemis Haddock
Ethnicity: American
Personality: Artemis is very optimistic and fun loving, with a very keen eye for archaeology. She enjoys looking over fossils of prehistoric animals of sorts, and is sometimes found in her flat researching such creatures in her freetime during the school year. She can be a stubborn willed at times, especially when it comes to defending friends and family, and has some difficulty being convinced when it comes to her own personal beliefs, whether they are right or wrong. She will deliberately break a few rules whether it is for her sake or others, especially when it comes to riding her horse around town.

History: Artemis Haddock was born in Wyoming, USA, where she lived for thirteen years of her life on a farm with her family. Over the years, money issues and commercial business slowly choked her family property of it's worth, at by the time she was twelve, her father went bankrupt. Thankfully, Artemis's mother had connections over in England, and her father used these as a way for Artemis and her mother; with her horse included, to move to the UK until he had enough money.

Artemis has been living in England ever since, as it has grown on her very much. She still retains her natural accent and love for her country, and has grown into a great Equestrian. When she was Nineteen, Artemis recieved a scholarship to Gressenheller University, and has been a student ever since. She often rides her Percheron stallion, Solomon, around town.
Crush: N/A
Other: (This reminds me of a puzzle~) Artemis's theme song is "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root. She also owns a Guitar.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:32:18 pm by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:47:01 pm »
.: MEMBERS :.

Just an extra reserved spot for members, though I doubt it'll get this big. You are free to apply now as I'm working on my character! c:

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, ACCEPTING~!)
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »

((Unless you already wanna rp as him, I'd love to play Luke for this :>))

Picture is from my DeviantArt :>
Personality: Artemis is very optimistic and fun loving, with a very keen eye for archaeology. She enjoys looking over fossils of prehistoric animals of sorts, and is sometimes found in her flat researching such creatures in her freetime during the school year. She can be a stubborn willed at times, especially when it comes to defending friends and family, and has some difficulty being convinced when it comes to her own personal beliefs, whether they are right or wrong. She will deliberately break a few rules whether it is for her sake or others, especially when it comes to riding her horse around town.

History: Artemis Haddock was born in Wyoming, USA, where she lived for thirteen years of her life on a farm with her family. Over the years, money issues and commercial business slowly choked her family property of it's worth, at by the time she was twelve, her father went bankrupt. Thankfully, Artemis's mother had connections over in England, and her father used these as a way for Artemis and her mother; with her horse included, to move to the UK until he had enough money.

Artemis has been living in England ever since, as it has grown on her very much. She still retains her natural accent and love for her country, and has grown into a great Equestrian. When she was Nineteen, Artemis recieved a scholarship to Gressenheller University, and has been a student ever since. She often rides her Percheron stallion, Solomon, around town.
Other: (This reminds me of a puzzle~) Artemis's theme song is "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root. She also owns a Guitar.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/167/1/6/professor_layton_oc__artemis_haddock_by_neoni245-d53orb7.png]Picture is from my DeviantArt :>[/url]

"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:54 pm »
Accepted! /trail 'o happy
And sure, you can roleplay Luke! >w< I'm not very good at roleplaying canons, but I may take one later on.

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 10:41:45 pm »
((Huzzah!! I guess we shouldn't start until we get a few more members, ah?))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 10:44:26 pm »
I suppose. If this doesn't get any new members by the end of the day, we can start. C: Only because I'm so excited /shot

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »
((Aha, as am I. Dunno how long it will be before we do get one, considering there's not a lot of PL fans on the forums. I tried opening a roleplay months ago, but it never worked out. Hopefully this one will do much better :D ))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.