Author Topic: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]  (Read 21230 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, ACCEPTING~!)
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:32 pm »
((Bump. :>
There's new info on the sixth Layton game and the Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright crossover! :D))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2012, 02:39:00 am »
((Bleh, I'm so slow ;w;
Awesome! I can't wait for them to come out~ C: I might get Unwound Future soon, though I don't know because Pokemon Black and White 2 comes out in less than a month. *excited armwiggle*))

Zecora smiled and nodded gratefully to Luke, running up ahead of the two. "Woohoo, what are we waitin' for?" Obviously she was glad to get moving again. "Food, here I come!" She hadn't noticed the Professor's sudden uneasiness at all, and she wasn't about to let herself be worried when food was on its way. Crossing her arms behind her head in a casual manner, the young girl hummed quietly while walking ahead, until an earsplitting honk made her heart skip a beat and set her off-balance for a mere second or two.

Another beep of the horn sounded and Zecora adjusted her hat, which had nearly fallen off the first time she wobbled in her surprise. She spun around on one heel to face a gray car-- she didn't know what kind, for she had never bothered to research on machinery, especially cars.
As a familiar voice came from inside, she tipped her head slightly to one side for a moment before even recognizing who it was. "Oh, hiya Artemis!" she called, her voice accidentally high and strained, as if she hadn't been paying attention until now.

Her eyes strayed toward the large green bag on Artemis's shoulder almost immediately, though Luke beat her to asking the question before she could. A laptop, huh? she thought. She herself had a family computer at home, though it was never used frequently and she didn't even know if it worked anymore.

With another complain from her stomach, Zecora felt as if she hadn't eaten all day. As her friend asked if Artemis wanted him to carry her bag, she smiled a bit to herself and stretched. "Hey, I'm not all that tall either, and I'm thirteen as well," she trilled, with almost a defensive-like tone in her voice, though the girl sounded and acted rather upbeat. She watched as Luke began to walk again, trying to hide a blush of embarrassment as her stomach screamed in hunger-- again.

Shaking the feeling away, the Professor began to walk, watching as Zecora sped ahead of them. Inwardly he gave a chuckle; the girl jumped right back up to being peppy so quickly it was amusing.

They hadn't traveled far before a car's horn blared. Instantly he turned his head as the noise repeated itself another time and saw a Morris Minor drive towards the trio and slow down. Layton immediately recognized the voice that emitted from the passenger seat, unlike the blond-haired thirteen-year-old, who just tilted her head slightly for a heartbeat or two. "Oh, why hello, Artemis," he greeted the woman.

Listening quietly to their conversation, he thought about the present mystery. Why would a creature be stealing from the citizens? Hmm. It made little sense, either the Masquerade thought there was priceless gold inside the purse, or it was trying to get revenge on London for something, or...

The Professor was jolted from thought as Artemis asked him if he was going to lead the way. "Oh, of course," he responded, looking up to see that his apprentice had already gone ahead of them.

((I like 30 Seconds to Mars, though I don't usually listen to hard rock music. I prefer a type of electronica or techno, though I'm alright with a little dubstep every once and a while. owo
I found a video on YouTube of the concert I went to~ <333 Though I didn't take it, of course xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffwhNzVsS4Q
I had to laugh at the "HI RICK" sign at the start of the video xD))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:09 am »
((So epic. I'm saving my money for Miracle Mask. Only a month away! :3))

Artemis and Luke

It had been a long walk towards the Cruise Cafe, or at least it seemed for Artemis. Being so used to riding a horse around town had made what was a casual stroll for her teacher and acquaintances seem like a walk around the entire United Kingdom to her. She was on the verge of complaining, but held back said urge. This was a rare opportunity, and complaining wasn't a good way to spoil it. As the building came into view, the young adult gave a sigh of relief, adjusting the heavy laptop bag on her shoulder. To counter this seemingly long stroll, she was quite used to carrying heavy objects, considering there was a guitar slung across her back earlier.

"Whew. I could go for a latte or something. I need caffeine!" She said in a humorous way, stretching her arms forward for a moment. "Do you not like tea, Artemis?" Asked Luke, finally breaking his unusual silence that he had kept on their way there. "I do, I do. But I haven't had coffee in a while. I drink it a lot when school's in session. Ya' know, university stuff." The student explained, tugging at her red bandana with a free arm. Finally, as they reached the door, Artemis quickly reached to open it, unintentionally beating the apprentice to it before he had even begun to reach for it.

The bell of the door rang with a pleasant sound, alarming the nearby waiters of the customers. Artemis couldn't help but feel herself shrink a bit when she noticed many eyes fall on them, some in just plain alert, and a few others, quite naturally, in awe of the arrivals, probably because of the Professor. Must be tourists.. Thought Artemis.
"I'll uh...find us a table. Could you tell them I'd like one latte, please?" She whispered, backing away a bit as she gripped the green bag with both hands. The student then quickly turned herself around, where she spotted an empty, round table with five seats (An extra was always good to her,) and hastily stepped over to it and sat down.

She gazed over her shoulder, where she saw Luke returning the gaze with cocked brows. He felt bad, admitedly. It seemed as if as enthusiastic as she was, she didn't really enjoy a lot of attention. Turning back to Zecora, he tipped the brim of his had, smiling. "So, do you know what your getting to eat?" He asked casually in an attempt to start a conversation. He himself didn't know what he wanted to eat yet. He often wished that they had lamb here, one of his favorite foods. But then again, Luke liked a lot of foods. His stomach growled at the thought, making him blush with embarassment.

"Uh..sorry," He said, gripping his blue sweater. "I was so excited to meet the Professor I didn't even have any elevenses." Luke added with a nervous tone in his voice. Artemis barely overheard the conversation, making her smile a bit. "He must have a lot a fun hanging out with Professor Layton." She whispered.

The student then slid out her laptop, putting it on the table as she sat the bag beside her. Opening up the computer's lid, it wasn't long before she had booted it up, and soon groaned with disappointment as she gazed at the screen. "I need to organize this thing...there's stuff on here from last year..." She whispered to herself. She could easily spy one particular file that she had worked on as extra credit out of the mess, titled "Shrimptime" as she usually gave her documents odd names when saving them. "Ah, there you are, Anomalocaris document." She grinned.

((Yay abnormal prehistoric shrimp. 8D And have you seen the Professor Layton demo for Professor Layton vs. Pheonix Wright? Someone did a video of it on youtube. :) ))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 10:31:34 pm »
((Hurr, bump :3))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 02:18:02 am »
((Sorry I didn't post earlier, I was in the middle of typing my reply and then the website shut down. ;A;
I got Unwound Future during the weekend and finished it. The ending made me tear up ;w;
And no, I haven't! I'll have to check it out! c:))

As they entered the cafe, the girl couldn't help but freeze when the bell on the door rang. She usually gave a sudden surprised reaction to sounds she didn't expect, but quickly realized everything was fine. She'd just not been paying attention, she assumed.

"You know, I haven't thought of that yet..." Zecora's mouth felt flooded as she took in the many aromas of food. "Why do they have to make everything look-- and smell so appetizing here?" Her stomach felt torn apart to shreds already, though just thinking of eating made it worse.

Upon hearing Luke's stomach growl, she giggled a little bit at his embarrassment. "Nah, it's fine! I ate this morning, but I feel like I haven't had a single thing since yesterday." And thinking about food doesn't help... Zecora glanced to where Artemis was already at a table with her laptop, then looked back to her friend, though before she could continue her sentence, she heard a familiar voice join in.

Layton could see the look of surprise on Zecora's face as they entered the cafe. She had drifted into her own thoughts on the stroll, he guessed, and hadn't been aware they had arrived at their destination until now, when the bell rang.

"Of course." he responded when Artemis asked for a latte, watching her sit down at a table before glancing to the two children. "What would you two want to eat?" the Professor asked.
"Oh! Um, anything's fine, I guess. It really doesn't matter to me, but maybe something with pasta, if any? My family doesn't visit restaurants often."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:24:18 am by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2012, 02:25:42 am »
((Burmp, edited my post :3 Layton's is a tad short; didn't really know what else to post for him, heh... /flail))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 12:32:29 am »
((You definately should!
 I heard it might be localized and could be released in english next year.
It would make sense, since the sixth Layton game isn't coming out until 2013,
so the PL x PW crossover would be a nice fill in for us,
since that means that the sixth game won't be released until 2014 for us..

And I don't care if the Cruise Cafe doesn't have these choices in London Life, I'll make it happen!))

Artemis and Luke

Artemis stretched, reading over the old document contently. She did enjoy looking over recently made documents, otherwise facepalming in disgust at any mistakes she had made in her data, had the document been much older. For someone who majored in Paleontology, she loved going above and beyond. From time to time she glanced back towards her company who were still standing at the register. Either they haven't decided or it must be really busy this morning.. She sighed.

Artemis went with the latter of her assumptions, guessing by the several filled tables.

"They have Penne Gratin, if you'd like!" Luke piped up as Zecora suggested her craving for pasta. "I could really go for a Steak Pie right now, or maybe a Scotch Egg!" He exclaimed cheerfully. As a young boy, he had a rather legendary apetite, and could eat a whole lot without getting full, but yet, still remained as small and as thin as he was. The boy folded his arms behind his head, sighing contently at the many decisions that were on the menu.

Finally, the waitress stepped up to the register, a welcome smile on her face. "Good morning! What will you be having?"

The student sighed, smoothing out her loose ponytail again as she waited. "I hope I didn't forget my charger.." She gave a huff, and grabbed her seemingly empty green bag, searching through it desperately. What her hand felt was not thick wire, but something of a more paper like material. With a curious "Huh?" She grabbed it, pulling it out to investigate what she had found.

It was the newspaper from this morning.
The very same one with the photo of the strange fox. She couldn't help but squint at it a bit, making out those strange slits that seemed to stare hungrily at whatever had caught it's gaze. Artemis further began to focus on whatever was covering it's face, that strange mask that so piqued her interest.

A chord struck in her mind. "That's right!" She remembered that she had brought her laptop to further research the same skull in the first place. Artemis further squinted at it, and then hastily opened a custom-made program; filled with pictures of different animal skulls and the like, what she used to identify that of fossils, to try and match what was in the photo.

It was an odd mask..It reminded her, quite eerily, of those strange bird-like masks that many doctors wore during the Black Plague, which seemed like a frightening foreboding of death more than anything else...

((Just making a comparison there. It does kinda look like one of those freaky masks...))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:36 pm »
((Not much of a bump, but to celebrate the coming of Pokemon versions Black 2 and White 2, as well as Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, I did this yesterday: Wee~
My deviantArt is Neoni245 :> ))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 12:27:54 am »
((Wow, your art is beautiful! ;w; That's awesome! And three more days~ *gaspeth* I can't wait any longer >w<
I'm gonna have to edit this later, I'm a bit rushed at the moment and my roleplaying inspiration is really low. ono And with your siggie request, I'm almost done-- just need to add some stuff in and clean it up a bit. I haven't forgotten, don't worry c: I've just been a bit sick.
This will be very short-- my brain is lazy at the moment and my motivation is still a little low. ;A;))

"Okiedokie then~" Zecora smiled, instantly agreeing on the choice of food Luke had made. Although at the moment every food on the menu sounded great to her, she knew she had to narrow down the choices. She couldn't have everything, but to her own amusement, that's what she felt she wanted.

The thought of that mysterious masked creature came back to her in a flash, whether she liked it or not. She wondered why it had even come to London in the first place, or if it had already lived here before all of this happened. Just picturing those hollow eyes caused her inwardly to shiver, and though she kept her reaction deeply hidden in her mind, it wasn't easy to just forget about what she thought she had hallucinated was the real deal. And the mask it wore-- Zecora was interested in what kind of mask it really was. The news of the Mask of Unity, that was stored as an ancient artifact in the museum, went missing a few years back. The young lady barely remembered seeing the section about it in the newspaper, and wondered if her parents still kept it. She'd probably have to go filing through all sorts of papers, and for an obvious reason she wasn't too keen on doing that. But maybe the newly nicknamed Masquerade was the one who stole the mask, as it went missing the same day she first saw the beast two years ago. I might be able to find the newspaper, but it would take some time.

Leaning back with an inaudible sigh, Zecora glanced up to see the waitress had arrived at the register. Her brain ached from thinking too much, and worrying about it senselessly would just cause stress-- even though she had told herself she'd stop thinking about it more than once.

He watched as Zecora drifted off into deep thought about something, and Layton guessed she was thinking about the newest, most attention-awarded news from the daily newspaper, but it seemed as though she'd had an encounter with it before. But wondering when she did was the result of his pondering.

As a waitress stepped up to the register, he bowed kindly. "Hello. Fine morning we have today, no?" he greeted, "We'll have one latte, a Penne Gratin, and... have you chosen what you'd like, Luke?" Clearly the Professor had lost his appetite for some unknown reason; he glanced toward his apprentice, extending his arm in a gentlemanly fashion.

((Derp, Layton's posts are always short. ;u;))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:40:47 am by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 02:21:37 pm »
('Kay then. :>
And thank you~)
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.