Author Topic: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]  (Read 21221 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, ACCEPTING~!)
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2012, 01:24:03 am »
((....Bump?))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2012, 03:45:03 am »
((*gasthp* Finally edited my post, so sorry for keeping you waiting! D:
FH's been derping on me lately, and every time I would try to save my post it gave me a bad gateway error, along with my low motivation and brainstorming power. I think I'm recovering from both, though... I'll try to be faster in the future. ;w;))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 02:08:06 am »
((Leh edit. :3))

Artemis and Luke

The boy smiled politely as the waitress stepped up to them, holding her pen in her grip as she scribbled down the order on the tablet in her other hand. Once Layton had asked Luke what he had wanted to eat, the waitress had followed the professor's gaze to him, and Luke only smiled a bit wider.

"Steak pie, please! And some stew would be great, too!" He said gladly. "Alright, then!" Returned the waitress, scribbling down the final order before clicking her pen closed. "That'll be out shortly. Thanks again!" Luke gave a small sigh; he had to admit, to him, waiting for the food was probably the worst part when at a restaurant. At least he had good company, like his admirable mentor to occupy him during the wait. Maybe the Professor had a good puzzle up his sleeve for the boy to solve! He had always felt as if solving puzzles made time fly at a convenient pace.

He was about to ask if there were any new challenges from Layton, when he noticed the look on Zecora's face. While it seemed she was deep in thought, Luke's brows couldn't help but furrow, just a bit, in concern for his friend. He gently nudged her, gripping the strap of his satchel in his other hand tighter. "Hey, are you alright?" Luke asked softly, cocking his head. "Is something wrong? I'd be glad to help..." He tried to comfort Zecora, and gripped the brim of his hat in a gentlemanly fashion, mimicking his mentor's own.

"I know, how about a puzzle? Puzzles always help me take whatever is bothering me off my mind." He suggested, unlatching his satchel and pulling out his handy little notebook. Keeping a finger on one side, Luke scrolled through the pages in search of a good puzzle or riddle for him to give to Zecora. He let out a satisfied "Ah-ha!" As soon as he spied one. "Here's one. What occurs once in a year twice in every month, four times in every week, and six times in each and every weekend?" He asked, cocking a brow.

It had been meanwhile that Artemis had begun to dive into research-mode, clicking the mouse of her laptop incessantly and seeming to type up a storm. She groaned at the results. With this being a recent issue, it also meant that more research was still being conducted; Oh, how she hated such "cliffhangers" that kept her guessing. Perhaps the Professor would be able to share some of his finds with her. The student turned her head one final time to see if the threesome back at the register had gotten the food yet. The waiter had disappeared, but only moments after Artemis had turned her head, the lady had returned again, this time with their meals.

Finally, she thought to herself. Maybe I should have ordered something else, too. Meh well. I'll deal with that later. She swallowed her previous thoughts of ridding the taste of burnt toast in her mouth, and tried to focus on her research.

Luke had lifted his head the moment he spied the waitress again with their food, and the boy grinned happily. "Gosh, that was fast!" He cheered. "Here, I'll ask you it again later," The boy whispered to Zecora again, stuffing his notebook back into his leather satchel. "I'll take the food to the table, Professor!" He declared to his mentor, grabbing the plates. Luke was careful not to trip, and manuevered through the restaurant as cautiously as he could. Despite the crowded tables around him and the narrow spaces, Luke fared well, and gave a sigh of relief as soon as he reached the table where Artemis sat.

"Hiya," The student greeted casually. "Helping with the dishes, I see?"
"Yep!" Replied the Apprentice as he set the meals down on the table. "I'll be right back, I'll get you your drink!"
"Yeep. Thanks!" Artemis said as the boy quickly navigated through the tables again to fetch her latte. She then focused her gaze on the screen again, her eyes darking between it and the crumpled newspaper.

((Take a guess, and if you give up, highlight this: The answer is "E"))

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:28:58 am by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 12:30:01 am »
((There we go! Post edited :> ))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »
((Alright. c:))

"Hmm?" Zecora jolted back into the present as Luke gently nudged her. "Oh, um, it's nothing. Just... thinking about something," she finished with a hidden wave of relief as she managed to finish the rest of her final sentence without another pause. The remains of her thoughts vanished and she glanced around the restaurant, seemingly anxious, though it was just a state of mild embarrassment from being caught thinking the same thing that she'd told herself countless times to stop wondering about. She was slightly irritated with herself because of that, though as well as relieved that she was surrounded by friends that could help her take her mind off of anything that bothered her.

As Luke suggested a puzzle, she instantly perked up. "Ooh, I love puzzles~!" she agreed, even though she was no match for the puzzle-solving professor and his apprentice. Zecora tugged gently at the scarf-like piece of scarlet material that was clipped and wrapped around the collar of her white clothing, waiting for him to give out the question, then tipped her head a little as he did. What occurs once in a year twice in every month, four times in every week, and six times in each and every weekend? she repeated in her mind, though it made no sense to her, at least for the moment. "Eeh... I have to think about that a little," she admitted with a stifled giggle. Zecora hadn't been focused on her stomach's repeated complaints until now, and just thinking about food made her feel like the hunger was burning her stomach alive.

"Huh? Oh, okay." She smiled, brushing the long honey blonde bangs on either side of her face back a little, then looked back up in time to hear the Professor's response to Luke. "Alright. Thank you, Luke."

((Edited~! I'm stuck trying to think of what Layton could be doing right now... ;w;))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:56:50 pm by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2012, 03:56:03 am »
((Completed my post c: I hope it's not too bland, I'm getting a bit of a headache and I've gotta get ready for bed real soon.))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:03 am »
((Not a problem~))

Artemis and Luke

Artemis smiled again as soon as the boy returned with her latte, setting it beside her. "Thankie!" She returned, lifting her gaze from her laptop and onto the child. Luke couldn't help but giggle at Artemis's gratitude. "Your welcome, Ms. Haddock!" He said with a bit of laughter in his voice. "You don't have to say that, you know," The student remarked. "My friends call me Artie. Or Artemis, if you'd rather call me by that."

"Artemis, alright!" Luke corrected himself, and gazed at the girl's laptop screen. "What are you doing on there?" He couldn't help his natural curiousity. He rarely, if ever, used such technology as advanced as a laptop. Like the rest of his family back in Misthallery, he rather enjoyed the use of more old fashioned devices, such as his beloved typewriter.

The boy cocked his eyebrows, his round eyes locking on a familiar word which had been included in an article that Artemis had opened up on the screen; the Masquerade. "You've heard about it too, I assume?" He said a loud.
"Yup. Just found it splat on the headlines of the newspaper. Which, by the way, I rarely read the newspaper. This had just happened to catch my eye." Artemis answered, resting her index finger on the slightly wrinkled newspaper from this morning.

"Do you have something against the papers? The Professor makes the front page of the Times a lot!"
"Nah, I just don't like them. It's been that way since before I moved here. But hey, if you've got any in the archives, I'd love to read the ones with Layton on them."
"I'll keep that in mind!"

"Oh, and speaking of which.." She put a hand beside her mouth, partially cupping it in an attempt to holler over to Professor Layton and Zecora. "You guys can come over now! Before your food gets cold!" She called.
Luke gave a small sigh, furrowing his brows in concern for Zecora. "Something seems to be bothering her..."
"Eh?" Artemis cocked a brow, tilting her head to the side. "Do you think you have anything interesting that might help? I gave her a puzzle to help take her mind off of it."

"A puzzle?" Artemis cocked her other brow.
She recalled her professor's constant mention, and love, for such brainteasing things, and there was more than enough instances where he would key the phrases "Every puzzle has an answer," and "This reminds me of a puzzle," sometimes making his students groan in annoyance.
"Yeee-up. You're Layton's apprentice alright."
She said casually. Luke's worried expression broke into a wide smile, a little bit of pride showing clearly at Artemis's conclusion. Hmph, let's see that horse laugh at me now, he thought haughtily.

"But yeah, I got just the thing! I was looking at my presentation I did for a class last year on an extinct creature. I absolutely adore fossils, ya know? This little guy in my presentation is my favorite!" Artemis exclaimed, pulling up her document on Anomalocaris. Her mind raced with her questions that she wanted to ask Layton, particularly his research on the Masquerade.

It truly had her a little agitated and giddy at the same time, trying to research a masked fox rather than some sort of dinosaur for a change. Even just the thought made her shiver, but her excitement for sharing her last-year's presentation was enough to hide that small bit of anxiety, or at least enough for the two children not to see it.

((Next post: Abnormal shrimp, and Artie's got some questions Layton!))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:20 pm »
((Miracle Mask comes out in North America on the 28th! I'm so excited, I hope I can convince my parents to get it... >w<
I just noticed I put "trying to like of what Layton could be doing right now" instead of trying to think. x'D Sorry, my mistake!
Also, for your signature request, what kind of puzzle could they be working on-- like something in a notebook, or with a physical appearance, such as cleaning/putting together a fossil? I've got everything finished but that ;w;

I'm gonna edit this post this evening when I have more time, right now I've gotta finish a drawing for a contest in a group and my brain is a little deflated from my schoolwork today, sorry. ^^'))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »
((I told my mom specifically that I'm getting it on Sunday, which is the day it comes out.
"I saved my money for it, and I've even skipped purchasing Pokemon Black and White 2! I don't care what you say, you're not stopping me now!"
I think she got the message. XD

As for the signature, they would be solving a fossil, particularly one of an Anomalocaris. Once again, Artie has a liking to them XD))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 03:50:25 am »
((Merp, I totally forgot about this! I'm so sorry. Dx Gonna just make a new post because I'm too lazy to go back and edit my other one... ;w;
Also, I got Miracle Mask yesterday~ I'll edit the canon character list with the new characters in a while. I wanna try and get young Layton (and Randall) somehow involved in this roleplay because his hair is so fluffy so I'm gonna call him Froshel (as that's his alternate/fanmade name 'x3). *dramatic superhero pose*
And alright, I'll try to have your signature done real soon. It's taking a lot longer than I expected it to be... Sorry about that, heh ^u^'
I may be adding another OC soon (for now, at least, until I decide to raise the character limit up a little more), and I've decided that canons shouldn't count against the character limit, since there aren't any more members than us at the moment c: (If that makes sense. I don't really know what I'm talking about at the moment xD) For now I won't put a limit on canon characters unless we get more members.

EDIT:
I've been thinking about making another PL roleplay, possibly like a pre-game life of this roleplay, or with a new plot. It would include the past characters of Miracle Mask (Younger Angela, Randall, Hershel, etc.) and I've got a few plots in mind, though I'm not sure if I should just stick with this roleplay or what... If I do make another PL roleplay I'll still keep this one running though. owo))

Zecora thought about the puzzle a bit more, her brain already tied up in knots. Even though she loved a good puzzle, she wasn't very good at them-- especially ones she had to do in her head. Puzzles with physical appearances weren't of any problem, though.
As she heard Artemis's shout, the girl's attention strayed away from her pondering as fast as it settled on the table the young woman was sitting at, as well as her friend. "Oh yay, food here I come~" she declared, as if the recent incident with crime investigations-- moreso the encounter with "Masquerade" --had never even happened in the first place; it had been swept to the far back of her mind already, at least for the moment, anyway. Zecora was aware that she'd eaten that morning, though in just a few hours' time it seemed like she hadn't had a thing since yesterday evening. Her stomach felt completely hollow, and she knew she wouldn't be able to think straight with an empty stomach.

As she strode over to the table, Zecora's mind was fully set on eating now. "I'm... so... hungry." she complained to herself halfheartedly, as if blinded and weakened by hunger, and actually she was just pretending-- even if that was just about the way to describe how she felt. "'Ello Artemis, Luke!" She smiled, taking a seat.

((Still no muse for Layton right now, I'll just say he came over and sat down. xD I shall post him next~
And happy Halloween! >w<))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:37:56 pm by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル