Author Topic: Can't connect to front server...  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Yamakari

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't connect to front server...
« on: November 11, 2018, 05:16:17 am »
So I'm returning after a long absence because :discord eyes emoji: an update?????
But all the hype aside, when it comes down to it, I can't log in and play!
I've uninstalled 1.15 and downloaded 1.16, then reinstalled 1.16, then reinstalled it again, then realized that somehow my firewall had blacklisted it, whitelisted it in the firewall, then reinstalled it again, then restarted the machine, then installed it from that .zip download that was offered as a solution to someone else here, then cannibalized the zip to replace the files in the installer download and still nothing. Switching rendering systems? Also nada.
Every time I try to get into my account in-game, it tells me that it can't connect to the front server.
Even if I type the wrong password (which I tried once, as an experiment), it doesn't acknowledge that -- there's no "5 failed attempts = 15 min ban" message, only the same failure to connect. I can get on the forum fine, so it's not anything to do with the account itself, and it isn't the firewall, because I just took care of that. It's not not keeping the page open while I play either -- that's definitely been kept open.
Why can't I get on?
I have a hunch it has something to do with my ISP being a butt, because I asked a trusted friend to try getting onto FH from my account and this on-getting was very smoothly accomplished. If staff could confirm this or offer some sort of assistance I'd be very thankful. ; u ;

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to front server...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 05:46:19 am »
Heyo!

Are you signed into the login index for FeralHeart because that might be the case. Here's a quick link to it!

https://feral-heart.com/login/index.php
Let me know if you connect to the server after trying this.

Ratel

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 05:57:59 am »
Hello, it more than likely might be your internet provider somewhat. How the login page works it that it matches your IP twice, first logging into the page and then via the game tab, if they do not match you will not be logged in. First of all I'd try using your phone to keep the login-page open, if not make sure your username does not contain any _+-*" or along the lines of that as it will not lot you in either, (it might via the forums but I don't know of in-game.) Have you also tried a username change or a password change?

If that doesn't work, I'd reccomend deleting every feralheart file and try to re-installing everything again as if you keep some files something might get corrupted.

If you have a router, try resetting it, you can also reset your IP somehow, but either way it you are still having problems call up your ISP provider and maybe address the problem.
Please let me know how everything gets on.

Offline Yamakari

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 06:04:11 am »
So I tried the phone fix and still nothing -- no username elements that would compromise anything either, it's just the same as my forum name. ;;
Re: am I keeping the login page up: yes, though it hasn't really been helping.
Tried resetting the router and didn't really have success. At this point is it an ISP issue? How and why would such a thing come up, if this same ISP has historically been really nonchalant about FH?
Thanks for the prompt response! Sorry it took a while.

Offline Yamakari

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 06:23:23 am »
Oh, you know what it might be, is my partner set up the wifi in the house and encrypted the network. Do you think that has something to do with it? I don't think it should but it might be. o:

Ratel

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 06:27:26 am »
That.. is probably why, maybe you can get him to turn it off somehow. You're probably sending info to the server via the browser but it encrypts the connection when you try and login to the game itself, to protect data so to say.

Offline Yamakari

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 06:32:01 am »
Oh, ick. We'll look into it!

Offline Shadow5119

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
I can't get in too... this game is lame and will not work >:(

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 04:34:30 pm »
I can't get in too... this game is lame and will not work >:(

Hello, I would suggest creating your own Help thread, in order to get more replies regarding the issue.

Are you keeping the login page open while the game is open?

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Calvary

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 08:08:43 pm »
As Valar said, if you haven’t, try logging in here: https://feral-heart.com/login/index.php

After you log in, keep the page open and then open up the game as well. It should work! If you don’t have any other issues after this, let us know so we can close this thread. <3