Author Topic: If I opened map making commissions..  (Read 1127 times)

ZombieKitteh

If I opened map making commissions..
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:30:29 pm »
Do you think anyone would take an interest in it? I'm not great with pricing things, so I could use advice on how much I should charge too. My workplace was extremely toxic. It causes me anxiety attacks a few times a week. I need out and finally put in my two weeks. While I'm between jobs I could use some extra little bit of money, so I figured maybe this would be a possibility if people would be interested? Are my maps worth commissioning do you think in USD and/or DA points?

I could use some advise honestly on what I should charge or just in general how to go about this.

Examples of older maps I've made years ago:

(Old FH maps)

Examples of my newer works in FH map making:

(Newer FH maps)

Examples of my newer maps for Impressive Title servers (but they're essentially the same thing and worth showing too):

(IT maps)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: If I opened map making commissions..
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »
Ok, I'm first going to say this. Otium Silva is one of my favorite hecking maps, and I love you for making it!

Now on to the commissions. Heck yes. However, I'm terrible at pricing, but I'll wing it.
Small Map: $5/500 points
Medium Map: $7/700 points
Large Map: $10/1000 points

You can tweak those prices depending on how detailed the maps are. Less detailed maps may cost a tad less. Those are just base prices.

And honestly, I'd take both money and points for it. On DA of course you can put up commissions widgets and convert the points (even though it takes longer to get the actual money) that way more people can commission you.

If you open map commissions, I'll definitely be your first customer!

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:17 pm »
Awwe thank you so much! I'm really happy you like my map so much. uwu

I really appreciate the help too, I think those prices look pretty fair to me. Maybe having a super detailed map would be a $5 charge? (and I mean a super amount of details) Do you think it'd be ok to charge for custom weather/sky too? Nothing major costly though unless it was like it's own new custom particle or something I had to make for it.

And for map size examples it'd be like

Small - 5,000 Max size
Medium - 10,000 Max size
Large - 20,000 Max size

Do you think that looks ok?

Maybe I could do a discount for really small maps that are 2,000 in size or less? (Like for cave specific things, etc)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 02:09:21 am »
I think that all looks swell! But on the sky, I think if it's just normal custom stuff there shouldn't be extra charge. However for something special (different particles and what not) you can charge a bit more. ^^

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 02:15:15 am »
Ah yeah I didn't mean custom FH things, but more if they ask for weather and such that isn't default FH and would need to be a particle I make from scratch lol