Author Topic: [1.13] Sahara (test phase: open)  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
[1.13] Sahara (test phase: open)
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:55:03 pm »

Years before your time, before my time, before the times of our father's father's fathers, there stood a wonderful kingdom. The lands surrounding it were lush, full of life. The people were good and fair, and their ruler was kinder than the most golden heart-ed of men.

They lived in peaceful times, blessed by peaceful gods. You could not find a more happier place in all of Sahara.

However, these good times were not to last, as all good things never do. A dark shadow befell the land. A mighty and vile creature had found the proud kingdom. And he coveted it madly.

Like wildfire, he came. Destroying homes with the flick of his tail. Sending the people running for shelter wherever they could find it.

The king, understandably, was furious. He sent wave after wave of warriors to take down the beast. But to no avail. They were tossed aside like they were mere leaves on the breeze.

So as the beast lay paw within his palace, the king went to him. They fought a mighty battle that seemed to go on forever.

The royal priests, sensing their ruler was about to fall, devised a plan. They would use the last of their powers to seal away the demon that threatened the kingdom.

Quickly they worked, placing spell after spell upon a stone box and solid wood lid. Every spell they knew went into the box, except for one.

Night fell upon the battle as it ended it's 3rd day. The king was on his last drop of blood. The beast was eager for more. As if reared up on its hind legs to deliver the final blow, the priests unleashed their final spell upon him.

In a wave of gods light, the beast was forced into the box and sealed away forever. But not without a heavy cost. The kings priests were gone, vanished on the wind as they had given their life, their very existence to stopping the slaughter.

The king, too, was caught in the light. His body sealed into a sandy cocoon. The people grieved at the terrible loss.

The lands withered, and the people grew hungry and sick. Eventually they began leaving Sahara.

But not without building mighty tombs. One to honor their fallen king, the other to further lock away the evil from the world.

The people of Sahara eventually faded into history. And the lands forgotten to time. No one can be sure anymore, if the tales hold any truth to them.

So, this Sahara business. What's it all about?

It's 9 maps. That's what it is! NINE! Can you believe it?! Gosh, somethings I just can't keep under control. It's a curse, I tells ya!

Sahara, itself and the general idea of it, is fairly old. the original maps were released long ago. Back when Impressive Title was in it's hay-day. Though also, at the times when the forums were at war. It was a confusing time back then. So many lives lost. So many memories made.

But I'm wondering away again, aren't I?

The Outline is simple. Sahara is at the center. Its where you arrive and leave. It is what binds the worlds together in harmony. But it's not without it's treachery. Beware the moving sands. And fear the ground that isn't. Those that brave these lands are rewarded with 4 other maps.

The pyramids. Three built to fool grave-robbers. Only one is open to the crypt below the ground. In the darkness, something stirs. I wouldn't linger too long here.

The settlement. Last outpost of the ancient Saharans. a mighty fortress that stands the test of time. Built on the shores to the north-flowing river. It offers refuge to those that have lost their way. The communal bath-house is the place to go for secrets and stories of other lives.

The ruins. what remains of the palace. Crumbled by the great battle, it offers little shelter above ground. But the people dug a mighty fine refuge under the stone. I'll wager it could hold a hundred families and have room to spare!

The oasis. Tread lightly. These are sacred lands. Only those with peace in their hearts may venture here. And don't you DARE enter the sacred tomb without following procedure! I'll have your head for daring to disgrace the king!

There's laws to go with these lands:

~Obey the laws of the game.
~There is lots of space, don't hog open areas for your naughty doings.
~None of the Sahara may be claimed.
~This is HamiltonHocks map. Don't be a turd and say otherwise.
~Watch your back....

The spirit of Sahara is to never reveal all it's wonders all at once. There are all sorts of little places squirreled away. Have fun finding them all!(note: these locations are not available in the test release)

~what's this house doing way out here?
~omg is that a....it is! omg you so filthy!
~lolololol quicksand
~it's staring at me....make it stop!!
~what the heck are you doing?
~TREASURE!

Well, there you have it. Sahara in a nutshell.

But wait! There's more!

download Sahara!
Warning: this is a large download...apparently. It's taken over 5 minutes to upload. Let it go at it's own pace, it'll get there...eventually x.x;

Initial lag score-card:
sahara- 0
ruins - 0
last refuge - 0
pyramids - 0
crypt - 0
settlement - 2-3
bath house - 0
oasis - 2-3
sacred tomb - 0-1

Scale: 0 no lag, 1 unnoticeable soft lag, 2 noticeable soft lag, 3 noticeable lag, 4 heavy lag, 5 game crasher!

Enjoy the music of Sahara? Give some love to it's maker!
Kevin MacLeod
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:42:58 pm by The Original Hammy »

Offline Justice

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • What is dead may never die
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: [1.13] Legends of Sahara (W.I.P)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »
O_O spooky....I CANT WAIT 8D
Bane is my idol.

FoxfangPitbull

Re: [1.13] Legends of Sahara (W.I.P)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:46 am »
Oooh, mysterious. Looking forward to this.

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
Re: [1.13] Legends of Sahara (test phase)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:42:59 pm »
Download is live!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:43:34 pm by The Original Hammy »

FoxfangPitbull

Re: [1.13] Sahara (test phase: open)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:01:13 am »
Sweet as a nut!
But it looks like it's for FH+?

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:33 pm »
No FH+ here. lol the textures were so nice, I moved them to my FH. This map will not work if you try putting it in FH+!

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 11:20:50 pm »
wow that map looks cool, but the map crashes when i go into the portal under the quicksand on the temple thing
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:28:23 pm by Alex- »

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:04:36 pm »
No FH+ here. lol the textures were so nice, I moved them to my FH. This map will not work if you try putting it in FH+!

Loving you forever :3

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 02:03:25 pm »
Ooh, I'll have to test this one.

Offline pine

• Forum Newcomer