Author Topic: That Super Annoying Person  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
That Super Annoying Person
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:21:58 pm »
I felt like I needed to bring this up, because it just happened to me twice in a row.

That super annoying person that you try to RP with, then they ignore you and act like you don't exist.
This literally just happened to me in Bonfire.
I'm on Lepor, and I'm trying to talk to this filly.
Basically, Lepor is a weird species I made up that befriend young animals and then either enslave them or kill them.
Anyways, I lay down next to her with some super literate post after she just got shunned because she's friends with a human.
And she just ignores me.
So I give her a minute or two, to see if she's one of those literates who take 12 years to type.
A minute or so passes, then she types, "INFERNO!!!" [That's it] and runs off like I was never there.

WTF?!?!

Then, later, I went to talk to the Inferno character because his father just left him.
I had some literate post about trying to make him feel better because his father left him, when the father comes back and Inferno goes, "Dad! Are you OK?" And races off to his dad.

I know I'm not blocked, so...?
WTF?!

Anyways, has that happened to yall? x3x
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: That Super Annoying Person
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:46:31 pm »
Usually from what ive seen, younger members often do this when they are to into a RP. So if this person was intentinallty ignoring you or not you can perhaps walk around and find another RP to join. This has happened to me when i first started out Feral Heart. When i was a lion and i RP'd for a small bit, they seem to not hear my post and when that happens I just move on to another group i might find who would want to RP with me.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Phatom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Dorian the personal floof.
    • View Profile
    • Zinci on deviantART.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:35 pm »
Hey floof. I've had several of these experiences with people ignoring me. It's annoying, although we need to remember some are children and some people aren't comfortable with people just coming up and sitting beside them, I know I'm not a fan of people just plopping themselves down next to me but at least you tried role playing with them.

I've tried role playing with people and they act awkwardly around you or just plain ignore you. Just on the plus side, it feels like you just want to sink down into a sandpit and go elsewhere.

Image by cakeindafridge on dA.
My dA - http://zinci.deviantart.com/

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »
This has happened to me a couple of times, and yes it is rather annoying and rude on the other person's part.
Granted, some people may be somewhat intimidated by lengthy literate RP posts and they just blank you and run away. But they should really be more polite about it. I mean, in real life, if someone started talking to you using very high level English and sounding very intelligent or whatever, you wouldn't just run away from them. (Kinda bad analogy I know >.<) The same goes for FeralHeart; they'd be better off just saying something along the lines of "Sorry, I don't really want to RP with you because [insert reason here]".
I wouldn't take the situation personally, it's just how some peeps are.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »
Yea, Ik.
It just gets annoying sometimes.
Like, some people will tell you, "Oops, you posted?" or "Can you summarize that? I only got a bit" or something along those lines.
Oh well. -Shrug-

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »
Alllllllllllllsoooooooooo
Let's not forget that the chat in Bonfire goes very fast and posts that are about 4 sentences long often get drowned in a mass of other posts, caps spam and whatever else floods the chat box at the time.
Just thought I put it out there. :) :P

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:32 pm »
True. x3x
-LeShortestPostEver-

Offline WolvenEdge

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:42:16 pm »
-ears point straight out- May I point out that long and literate aren't the same thing? -perks ears- Past that, many are a culprit of this simply because they are paying attention to their own rp, often using group or party chat, and they have turned local chat off so that they can read what their fellows post. Random rps can be fun, but not everyone likes them.
"If my claws and teeth cannot keep my fur together, then maybe I don't deserve to have it."
--Trufflehunter the Badger, Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis

"Why is it that reality constantly ignores my imagination? It can't possibly like itself the way it is."
--Namah, Prelude webcomic (Dreamkeepers), Dave & Liz Lillie

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:37:42 pm »
When you're roleplaying in Bonfire Island, the chat gets spammed by so many roleplay posts, chit-chat, and other stuff that they probably didn't see what you wrote down. Chances are they weren't intentionally ignoring you, but just didn't see what you posted. Not only that, Bonfire can get pretty laggy, and contributes to posts being missed. I wouldn't take it so personal.
However, if something like this was happening in a not so crowded place and they weren't responding to your posts, chances are they are intentionally ignoring you.
Inactive

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 12:04:17 am »
Yea. I tried rping today in Bonfire and holy crap O.O So many rps going on and floofs just being weirdos. Me and one of my friends couldn't see anything! (I have a 200 dollar computer so it lagged like hell.)

But I've encountered that many times on games... I'll enter a group and say hello and what now and the two, usually lovers, will ignore me any way possible... Then when i do find some way to get involved, they go off again! Mkaes my characters feel like loners. TT^TT

Btw Lepor sounds awesome! I'd rp with him if I ever saw him! ^^

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!