Author Topic: Activity?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Activity?
« on: January 08, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »
I post too much, but I must ask a very important question I have never seen asked or discussed:
Activity.

LOADS of people are 'active' but never come online.
Or, how some groups are on 24/7 365, and expect the same from you.

For example:
Ever checked the RP Advertising Board here on the forums?
SO many of them, in the codes to join, say either:
'How much will you be on?:'
'Activity:'
'How many RP's are you in currently?:'

The last one is the one that bothers me.
Why the heck do you care?!
Sure, I won't be on your group if I'm in two others, but if you have 120+ active members,
WHY THE HECK DO YOU CARE?!

You have SO many members, 98% of which are active.
My favorite is the groups where IN THE RULES it says you cannot be in more then 2 other RP's, excluding the one you're in.
Erm, no.

You have NO control over the RP's I join.
e.o

Anywhoo, any of you
A) Seen this.
B) Disagree
C) Want to discuss it.

I find it annoying and extremely frustrating when they try and control me and what I do.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
Re: Activity?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:16:44 pm »
I automatically kick anyone from my group who is inactive for two days without giving me a reason why. Just a way to keep things active. I don't give a hoot what other groups you're in, as long as you are active at least once every other day. Doesn't seem like too much to ask.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 09:20:38 pm »
I don't exactly have a problem with this.

'How much will you be on?:'
'Activity:'
'How many RP's are you in currently?:'

In a role-play application they are used as information to whether or not you will be active enough for the role-play. Lets say you was in a couple of role-play's already, they might not want you to join considering that you may or may not have a lot of role-paying on your plate already. Role-play owners ask these questions to they may grab activity information before one joins. I indeed would do the same because I would like the role-play to flow nicely instead of people constantly becoming inactive.

Hope this explains a few things.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »
I normally make it a week, due to the fact that more members = more people want, and more people will stay.
Though, I do kick.

But I'm talking about those groups who you aren't on for two hours, you hop on some other group, and they whisper you to come on.
Sorry, I was on earlier.

I was in a group where I was on yesterday, and wasn't in the mood to RP WC.
So I hoped onto another group.
Got a whisper from the leader, telling me to get on because everyone else is.
I said "I might later, busy with another group right now."
And they kicked my character.
Logged on a few hours later: And they had.

e.o

And BBT, I do understand that.
I do understand that with 4+ RP's, you aren't on as much.
BUT: Why the freak does it matter?
You have plenty of people to fill my shoes, just because I'm not on for an hour doesn't mean I get kicked.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »
For my TEC group we have a rule that if you are not active for a certain amount of time then we kick ya from the group. It comes to the point to where we feel as if people join the group just because its one of the longest lasting large groups besides iRawr.
Really it would be nice to at lease see a member every week or so on there character, but really that is how I feel about activity.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:48:18 pm »
I used to have a roleplaying group, which is now disbanded because I simply couldn't keep up with it (too stressful), and I'd kick people if they were in-active for a month. Really, it never got off very far, but my point of view on the subject for people that want to know such information is this:

Some people expect more dedication than others, and for that they need to verify that you aren't already too in-depth with another thing, and are willing or at least planning to remain a dedicated and what-not. They expect the best, really; because they recieve the best from others.

Now, my personal opinion on these random kicks without warning or reason is simply that they're irrational. While expecting the best and wanting the best to be online, you still need to understand and cope with the fact that: hey, maybe this person is doing something else? I should give them some time. When people left in the midst of our roleplays, I was annoyed, sure; but I never made a rude comment about it. If they were online on another character and not sitting in the map waiting for me to show up, I was fine with that as well. Cause' people have friends and other responsibilities. While wanting an active roleplay with dedicated members isn't bad, you should still acknowledge these things.
  I mean, personally; I think an accepting, not-super-strict-about-activity roleplay that doesn't send you messages about getting online constantly or (maybe even) at all is one of the best. Let people get on if they actually want to, because if they don't have a muse for roleplaying, you're not gonna get good content or feedback from them. If you deem them offline for just too long, give them a warning they know exists before kicking. It's just courteous.
  But members should also acknowledge the rules and regulations when it comes to activity, and thus its also part of their responsibility to not get kicked. Sending messages, explaining your situation/yourself and little things like that can really tell the leader something.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
I try to stay active with my groups.  But they die out because no one is online for very long.

I have seen these things, and I don't always agree with they're motives.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:53:21 pm »
I've never heard of such unusual rules such as "You can not be in more than 2 RPs when you join this one"... um what??? I've never really joined roleplays that had strict activity rules. I mean, most of the time the RPs I join just go inactive after a couple of days or a week. So why do I even bother?
Inactive

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 10:09:03 pm »
I've never heard of such unusual rules such as "You can not be in more than 2 RPs when you join this one"... um what??? I've never really joined roleplays that had strict activity rules. I mean, most of the time the RPs I join just go inactive after a couple of days or a week. So why do I even bother?

Ah, lady, but it is true.
While most RP's DO die within a few days, a few don't want that to happen. (Derp)
So, in order to have themselves survive, they require their RP members to only be in a few other RP's.

I think this was in an old topic, but...
Some RP's whisper you the SECOND you get online to get on your character in their RP.
I only do that if the members hasn't been on in, say, 5-6 days, asking them if they wish to continue the RP or not.
But, I have seen this rule.
A certain RP in the Groups Advertising Board has this rule on their site.

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »
Personally, I believe people do this due to the fact that they don't want inactives cluttering up their group, & or site. I formally moderated in a roleplay where you had to write in a thread when you were online, a.k.a. attendance, which kept track of the inactives. If you were inactive for more then two days without an absence note you were kicked from the site and group immediately. No one wants false numbers when they count there members. They want to count the active ones, not the ones that are never going to show up anymore.

As for the whole, "Come back to the roleplay." whisper, I find that rather tedious. It is understandable to have two roleplays at once, for sometimes there isn't anyone online in the other, or vise-verse. It wasn't as if you were never coming back again, you stated you were busy, maybe later. That, in my eyes was very petty and disrespectful of someone to kick you from the group because you were in another at the time roleplaying. It makes it seem as if they through a temper tantrum because you weren't roleplaying in their roleplay.

When it comes to the "How many roleplays are you currently in?" & "Are you in more then two roleplays currently?", I honestly don't like it when people try to juggle more then two, its unfair to the people they are roleplaying with for they can't dedicate enough time to those roleplays they are in, therefore I understand where they are coming from. However that is just my personal opinion.
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.