Author Topic: Dem Emos  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Dem Emos
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:32:54 pm »
Title says it all.

Have you ever seen THESE characters?
The ones who are always depressed?
I saw one just now, take a look.

Now, when I first saw the post, I was like,
"Oh god, what 'new' emo story does this guy have?"
I looked, and you can see his bio.

XD I was cracking up.

Anyways, have any of you run into these emos?
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline ~Undream~

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • T?d?? ??ll ????g ?? ?ac? ?? ???.
    • View Profile
Re: Dem Emos
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:51:01 pm »
Well considering people at my school call me emo ;-;
Yes I have ran into them and I just let them be cx if they want to act like that, let them act like that.~
Ca? ?? $??pl? $?a?v? ???$ ????

?'? ??? ?c?a?, ?'? ??? ??a, ?????'$ a ???ld l?v??g ????d? ?f ??.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:51:42 pm »
First things first, let's try not to get too stereotypical or judgemental; someone will end up getting hurt.

Anyway, yes, I see some of these "emo" characters around Bonfire and Ficho, and probably other places too. As long as they don't annoy me, anyone else or break any rules, I've got nothing against them. I was once in an "emo" stage of my life a good few years ago now, and I don't mind these people or characters at all. Maybe that's due to some form of kinship I feel with them....idk

Chances are, I think, that the person behind the character is young, going through a stage that I once did, and probably some other people of the community did too. They're just expressing themselves.
Or another eventuality is they make a depressed character with a tragic life story to attract some attention.
Or maybe that's just the way their character developed.

Either way, I don't mind. I'm more than content putting up with them.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:46 pm »
content removed
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:52:33 am by jengatower »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 04:11:56 pm »
I pretty much agree with Flob's words ^

Everyone is different and everyone may be feeling differently on any day and sometimes this reflects through their characters. I myself when I'm having a day where I may be frustrated will switch to using my character Morbid Decadence to fit my mood better. Remember that many people use their characters as an extension of expressing their own self. Whether you like that kind of character or not that's your thing just be sure not to judge because you wouldn't like it if someone was pointing out your type of character, labeling it, and making it seem bad as is the vibe I get with this topic. Not every character in life or in FH will be a proud, cheery, silly, angry, or partying one. Everyone's differences in character is what makes a rp or even life in general interesting. Remember that.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:42 am »
First things first, let's try not to get too stereotypical or judgemental; someone will end up getting hurt.

Anyway, yes, I see some of these "emo" characters around Bonfire and Ficho, and probably other places too. As long as they don't annoy me, anyone else or break any rules, I've got nothing against them. I was once in an "emo" stage of my life a good few years ago now, and I don't mind these people or characters at all. Maybe that's due to some form of kinship I feel with them....idk

Chances are, I think, that the person behind the character is young, going through a stage that I once did, and probably some other people of the community did too. They're just expressing themselves.
Or another eventuality is they make a depressed character with a tragic life story to attract some attention.

Flob basically represents anything I could possibly say.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 01:24:15 am »

Seeing as this thread has been inactive for over a year, I don't think you should be bringing back a dead post.

in-game: hooli

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 01:45:44 am »

Seeing as this thread has been inactive for over a year, I don't think you should be bringing back a dead post.

Whoops! I saw someone viewing the topic in "Who's Online" and the title caught my attention. I guess I was a little excited to reply.

Mods, please lock this topic. :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:06 am »

The thread may be over a year old but it still has relevance and so there is no problem with bumping it so long as the posts made aren't simply spammy or unrelated to the topic. There is no other topic like it currently and it would be silly to fill up the discussion boards with a new thread talking about the same topic. If users still have interest in this topic and will continue adding on to the discussion I see no issue with leaving it open. If the original poster wants it locked than I shall lock it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:03:58 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 02:36:50 am »

The thread may be over a year old but it still has relevance and so there is no problem with bumping it so long as the posts made aren't simply spammy or unrelated to the topic. There is no other topic like it currently and it would be silly to fill up the discussion boards with a new thread talking about the same topic. If users still have interest in this topic and will continue adding on to the discussion I see no issue with leaving it open. If the original poster wants it locked than I shall lock it.

Ah, I understand now. I wasn't too sure, so I didn't want to say anything.