Author Topic: Mates/Crushes  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Mates/Crushes
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:59 am »
We're all seen them.

Mates and/or Crushes.

Now, I personally enjoy them.
They add a little bit of spice to an RP, and are often an excuse to RP with someone in a bad mood.
However, we all know where these go bad.

All of us have heard of mate-beggars, or account-stalking-mates, or insta-crushes, but besides them.

Anything REALLY annoying/interesting?

One thing I hate:
Insta-Shippings.
You're female character is friends with a male character. You both are young pups, and are den-mates who hang together a lot.
In group, you see:
"Oooh, I see some pups coming out way in a bit. <3"
Hold on, wait.
We're pups who are friends.
We aren't lovers, heck, pups are like "Oooo, someone to play with. OK WE'RE FRIENDS."
And get on with their day.
We may end up being mates, if our relationship goes down that path, but it doesn't always.
I have NEVER seen a childhood friend grow up and NOT be a mate.

But people see that and insta-ship.
WHY?!?!?

Is it impossible for a male and female to be friends, but not boyfriend and girlfriend?
Like, seriously.

Anyways, I felt like sharing that.
Anything you've experienced like this?
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Mates/Crushes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:18:57 am »
Hurm. I like what you like about them, I like how they're just... There, I'm not sure. Good question.~ o.o
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 11:40:22 pm »
Apparently not.

I am O.K.-Ish, with the whole, 'Romance' deal, but to a point.  Once you go off the point, I am no longer O.K. with it at all.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 12:24:39 am »

One thing I hate:
Insta-Shippings.
You're female character is friends with a male character. You both are young pups, and are den-mates who hang together a lot.
In group, you see:
Hold on, wait.
We aren't lovers, heck, pups are like "Oooo, someone to play with. OK WE'RE FRIENDS."
We may end up being mates, if our relationship goes down that path, but it doesn't always.

WHY?!?!?

Is it impossible for a male and female to be friends, but not boyfriend and girlfriend?
Like, seriously.

I have seen this happen in a couple of RPs I've been in. It's rare, but I see it. I don't know why people like to insta-ship two characters who are of the opposite gender into a romantic ship, when they are just friends. I guess it's just young people who love the idea of "Boy + Girl = Romance".

This is my theory: I think it's mostly the young kids who seem to think that the only relationship a boy and a girl can have is a romantic one. I've seen it happen in the days of elementary school. If you were a girl, and you hung around this boy to play games with him, the other kids would automatically assume you were boyfriend and girlfriend in "puppy love". They would say that even if the boy and the girl weren't even kissing, hugging, or holding hands like puppylovers do. The boy and the girl were not romantic with each other, they were just two kids who found interests that they both like and wanted to play with each others toys. Does that mean they are going to grow up and get married in the future? No not really. That kind of stuff mainly happens in fairy tales.
Most of the other kids don't see their relationship as being just friends. Because they are of the opposite gender, they are automatically going to think it's a love relationship. I mean really, at that age, kids don't really know or understand what love really is. They are more focused on having fun and playing.

I know that there are relationships that a boy and a girl can have that doesn't involve romance. There is such thing as a boy and a girl just being friends. It's fine and respectable. It's kinda like the relationship between Equius and Nepeta from Homestuck. They are of the opposite genders, yet they are not romantically involved with each other. They are best friends, not best friends with benefits. It's the same thing with other characters in other stories. Like Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. There are many other examples out there.

With that being said, I'm not really a fan of insta-shipping. I'm okay with seeing two characters of the opposite genders being just friends and not being romantically involved. I would explain to the "insta-shippers" that the characters are just friends, nothing more nothing less. If they can't seem to listen... well just carry on with the RP. They may take a hint later.
Inactive

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 02:43:33 am »

One thing I hate:
Insta-Shippings.
In group, you see:
Hold on, wait.

WHY?!?!?

Like, seriously.

I have seen this happen in a couple of RPs I've been in. It's rare, but I see it. I don't know why people like to insta-ship two characters who are of the opposite gender into a romantic ship, when they are just friends. I guess it's just young people who love the idea of "Boy + Girl = Romance".

This is my theory: I think it's mostly the young kids who seem to think that the only relationship a boy and a girl can have is a romantic one. I've seen it happen in the days of elementary school. If you were a girl, and you hung around this boy to play games with him, the other kids would automatically assume you were boyfriend and girlfriend in "puppy love". They would say that even if the boy and the girl weren't even kissing, hugging, or holding hands like puppylovers do. The boy and the girl were not romantic with each other, they were just two kids who found interests that they both like and wanted to play with each others toys. Does that mean they are going to grow up and get married in the future? No not really. That kind of stuff mainly happens in fairy tales.
Most of the other kids don't see their relationship as being just friends. Because they are of the opposite gender, they are automatically going to think it's a love relationship. I mean really, at that age, kids don't really know or understand what love really is. They are more focused on having fun and playing.

I know that there are relationships that a boy and a girl can have that doesn't involve romance. There is such thing as a boy and a girl just being friends. It's fine and respectable. It's kinda like the relationship between Equius and Nepeta from Homestuck. They are of the opposite genders, yet they are not romantically involved with each other. They are best friends, not best friends with benefits. It's the same thing with other characters in other stories. Like Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. There are many other examples out there.

With that being said, I'm not really a fan of insta-shipping. I'm okay with seeing two characters of the opposite genders being just friends and not being romantically involved. I would explain to the "insta-shippers" that the characters are just friends, nothing more nothing less. If they can't seem to listen... well just carry on with the RP. They may take a hint later.

Ah, spoken like a true amazing-person such as yourself. XD

I agree with every single thing you pointed out.
I need to point this out to everyone I know, both in game and IRL.

I know the feeling of being insta-shipped IRL, being as how from 3rd grade+ (even now, in middle school) I would rather hang with the guys then the girls.
EVERY.
SINGLE.
DANG.
GIRL.
Would point at me and giggle. >.<

But back on the game's topic, I think it's like what you said.
Most people who RP on FeralHeart are young, and see 'dating' as something that everyone should do.
Now, I will admit, I do enjoy looking around a group, or my class IRL, and going
"Hmm... I wonder who will end up dating who..."
But I keep that in my head, because once you vocalize a shipping, it most likely happens. XD
It's just a funny habit I've gotten into, and I think many others have it as well, just can't keep their traps shut.

Minus this problem, another thing I see is that once a guy and girl are mates, and are a happy couple, yata yata yata...
Suddenly, there's this random she-____ who has had a crush on the guy since they were pups!
And she's depressed he was taken!
So she fights with the other lady, and one of them ends up dieing, and the male is punished for causing a fight.

x3x" Just.... WHY?!?!
Them drama peeps, bro....
Them drama peeps.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Ashnut

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 10:55:09 pm »
i never was sure bout this, but is having a mate in Feralheart ok or bad?
I'm currently unable to play FH and don't know when I will? Yeah...

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:35 pm »
i never was sure bout this, but is having a mate in Feralheart ok or bad?

Having mates on Feral Heart is allowed so long as you don't run around doing or saying any kind of graphic stuff. That includes buttswinging, head banging, crouching etc and pretty much anything made to look like mating etc because it's against our rules.

As for this thread I shall be locking this since it's a bit old now. Try not to necro old threads.