Author Topic: FH is... Changing?  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
FH is... Changing?
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:53:02 pm »
It has been brought to my attention by a friend that the Illiterates/Noobs are moving their HQ from Bonfire to FP.

I found it interesting, so we went to check out Bonfire.
I saw more literates then illiterates.
I saw none of the TLK RPers fighting.
I saw MC NOT caps spamming.

Is this a new era of FH? XD

We predicted that all the literates would run like little girls to Bonfire, being as how it will be the only place without many illiterates that's easy to get to.
Afterwards, the illiterates will take over FP.

I honestly find it interesting to think about, but it's already happening.
What do yall think?
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: FH is... Changing?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 02:32:16 am »
I think that people are only noticing what has already happened.

Bonfire has always had, 'Literates', and FP has always had, what you all call,' Ill-Literates'.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 02:40:25 am »
It has been brought to my attention by a friend that the Illiterates/Noobs are moving their HQ from Bonfire to FP.

I found it interesting, so we went to check out Bonfire.
I saw more literates then illiterates.
I saw none of the TLK RPers fighting.
I saw MC NOT caps spamming.

We predicted that all the literates would run like little girls to Bonfire, being as how it will be the only place without many illiterates that's easy to get to.
Afterwards, the illiterates will take over FP.

I honestly find it interesting to think about, but it's already happening.
What do yall think?

I think it's not very nice to label any particular groups or individuals illiterate/noobs based on their different rping style or experience. Obviously Feral Heart is not entering a new era if individuals continue to use titles and judge people like this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:42:17 am by LordSuragaha »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 03:13:36 am »
Merp, I can understand what you're getting at, but like Lord said, labeling people based on whether they can RP or not is wrong.
  Personally, I think these so called "illiterates" wouldn't like being labeled either. I mean, who would want to be labeled by a silly little factor that doesn't truly show how the actual person is/acts? Just because they send out one sentence means they're a bad person. I've met some very nice players who don't RP frequently but are still kind people.   The term "illiterate" actually means:

n; a person who is unable to read or write

Well, these people are RPing, just in a way that may seem wring to others. What is these "illiterates" never leared how to RP like the "literates?" You can't blame them. :/
Also, a large portion of the FH fanbase is younger children.  
  I never understood why people dislike noobs. Just because they don't know a certain control doesn't mean they can't learn by someone helping them. And classifying their personality by that is just nonsense. Never judge a book by its cover.
Everyone in FH should be treated with equal respect, not with labels. But meh, that's just a bit of my opinion on the subject at hand. x'D

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:04:13 am »
I think it's not very nice to label any particular groups or individuals illiterate/noobs based on their different rping style or experience. Obviously Feral Heart is not entering a new era if individuals continue to use titles and judge people like this.
Merp, I can understand what you're getting at, but like Lord said, labeling people based on whether they can RP or not is wrong.
  Personally, I think these so called "illiterates" wouldn't like being labeled either. I mean, who would want to be labeled by a silly little factor that doesn't truly show how the actual person is/acts? Just because they send out one sentence means they're a bad person. I've met some very nice players who don't RP frequently but are still kind people.   The term "illiterate" actually means:

n; a person who is unable to read or write

Well, these people are RPing, just in a way that may seem wring to others. What is these "illiterates" never leared how to RP like the "literates?" You can't blame them. :/
Also, a large portion of the FH fanbase is younger children. 
  I never understood why people dislike noobs. Just because they don't know a certain control doesn't mean they can't learn by someone helping them. And classifying their personality by that is just nonsense. Never judge a book by its cover.
Everyone in FH should be treated with equal respect, not with labels. But meh, that's just a bit of my opinion on the subject at hand. x'D

It would seem that these two individuals has stated the wrong in such a discussion before I could muster up the words myself. Although, I will provide a general answer in order to remain on topic with this thread.

I do not foresee Feralheart changin' at all when it comes to the 'Who can role-play better' debate. If anythin', a majority of what ye' claim is not entirely true to me; therefore, I suggest switchin' between the maps of Bonfire Island and Fluorite Plains quite frequently at various times and takin' a peek at a variety of locations. Ye' will most likely notice both novice and adept players interminglin' with each other as they've done quite fluently for as long as I can remember. If anythin', if one were to read ma'dam Eclipse's post and ponder about it, then he/she will realize that there is no such thing as an "Illiterate". If there were an actual illiterate, they wouldn't even be on the game much less the internet. I'll cease my ramblin' for I presume ye' and others will realize this once readin' my post. If ye' need a clearer explanation as to what I mean, I'll be happy to oblige in tellin' ye' via PM.
My apologies if I sound harsh Ms. However it'd be best ye' be a bit more aware as to what yer discussin', and how ye' are to word said discussion, when bringin' up such a sensitive topic.
gone

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:58:38 am »
I'm in no way judging them. ;~;
I'm just pointing out something that a few of my friends told me.

I honestly couldn't care less if that happened, it just means that new fads will come and go in the RP community.
Me, as a person, full-heartedly hate the fact that people go around saying 'Oh look, that person RPs less then a line. ILLITERATE NOOB!'
I find it rude, since everyone was like that once.

It's like adults who say 'Kids are stupid'. Pardon me, sir/madam, you kinda were a child once, too.

As for was Layru said, I've already known. XD
I used to RP in Bonfire all the time, and there were plenty of literates.
It seems that only now are people realising 'Ohhey, Bonfire ISN'T just filled with illiterate, caps spamming noobs!'
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline TwistedView

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »
Yes, this has already begun. Each unprivate or "Local" map has always had their far share of newbies, illiterates, and literates. Its mostly unnoticeable.
~ Soup is my ultimate lazy food ~
-Sometimes I see people and I cant help but yell "BE MY FRIEND!!" That's okay.. Right?-

ZearTheAkumian

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »
What's this? A wish of mine has come true that I wish Bonfire would be better? Such a relief that things are finally being worked out on Bonfire, even if it is the safe haven for people who violate the rules. However, even if I despise Mate Centers as spammers, it's still a relief things are working out, as Coalara said...

It seems I agree with Coalara, even with school still sucking up our times on our computers, the temporary end is soon, but with a wish of mine on FH is seem to be coming true, for example, less fights, more literates, less caps spammers(for now), such a relief indeed, this does looks like some sorta new era of FH.

I'm not sure if this is the effect of the creator's return by a post on Facebook and his new game on FB Feral Tales(I have no plans to use other social sites such as Facebook or Twitter due to avoid cyberbullies because of my personality), but less Facebook, more Feral Heart. I still agree with this coming new 'era' of Feral Heart, seems it's like the non-literates are moving to the Plains, and hopefully it's true, meaning less Powerplayers and Auto-hitters, even those annoying NM's folks that migrated from Animal Jam(It's a kids game, NOT a Roleplay thingy like FH), but we should focus on FH still.

Suppose I can check out Bonfire to see if this 'change' of FH is indeed true. -Zear

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:07:13 pm »
Well. Entering a new era or not, many people are concerned and annoyed about calling the younger and newer players "Ill-literate" or "noobs". Personally, I prefer the terms unexperienced or "newbie". But, I guess you could we are entering a new era, but we have been all along! All of us, as members have all helped each other reach this point *le pats every ones backs*. Yes, I have noticed less lag in bonfire and less "newbies" strolling around. But, can't stop the them. They ARE new players, and without them we'd be nowhere! But I couldn't say I have seen more literate people either. Just more damned wolf speakers... *face paw*

spirit, who could not be broken