Author Topic: Microsoft Surface & Feral Heart  (Read 1459 times)

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
Microsoft Surface & Feral Heart
« on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »
The question i have is rather simple and straightforwards... Does Feral Heart work on the Microsoft Surface?

No i am not asking about the Surface RT version because that is equipped with an RT version of Windows 8 which i know for sure will not work with Feral Heart (Since Windows 8 RT is not actually a full operating system), i am asking about the Microsoft Surface Pro.

My thoughts on it is that the Surface Pro is equipped with a full version of Windows 8 and has access to the legacy desktop mode as if you are in an actual laptop/desktop, plus you can equip it with an attachable keyboard or just use the onscreen keyboard. So why would it not work?

I don't have a Surface Pro to test this out, but is there anyone out there that has one that has tested it?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Surface & Feral Heart
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:56:43 am »
I do not know personally since I haven't heard or know anyone that uses this, but if we break it down.

If you can run executables/programs and this Surface pro(which it should?) and comes with DirectX support of some sort(which it should?) It will probably work. To my understanding it also uses the same Intel onboard graphics like most laptops today which also backs it up. Pretty much like a windows laptop.

Should just be to plop an FH folder or install FH onto it and it should work fine. The most strain will come from the processor itself in crowded areas when running FeralHeart though so how enjoyable it would be playing on such a thing could be up for discussion, though there's people now that probably plays on slower hardware so it shouldn't be a worry.
Former community manager of FeralHeart