Author Topic: Unrealistic/fantasty Characters  (Read 4841 times)

Offline StormClaws68

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
Unrealistic/fantasty Characters
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:20:13 pm »
I'm curious. How many other members have primarily fantasy/nonrealistic, bright colored characters!

I've noticed that there aren't many RPs that are for characters that are bright colored, or unrealistic. When I advertise to try and find someone to RP with, very rarely I'll find someone.
Due to this problem I have, I've needed to make other characters that are realistic! (they are included in my Character Bios -link in sig-, try and guess which ones I've made for this purpose  ;))
And my first ever character, IcePelt, I needed to take the wings off of in order to even USE her in any RPs!

As I said, just curious on how many members have this problem!
~Stormy

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Unrealistic/fantasty Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:54:35 pm »
I think this belongs in the Game Discussion thread
Back when I first joined FH I had a TON of bright colored/unrealistic characters. But now I rarely have any ones like that. But back then I had trouble getting into roleplays or actully Roleplaying with people since my characters were unrealistic >.<
 I'm glad now some groups accept unrealistic/bright colored/fantasy charactrs ^^

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:17:16 am »
I sure have unrealistic characters, but they aren't really bright. Except for troll characters.

I'm getting tired of all the discrimination unrealistically colored characters get. It's unfair.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:37:23 am »
Just don't do what I did.
I thought unjustified "unrealistically colored" characters meant neon... My eyes got sore then I noticed... *Dun dun DUN* unrealistic "literate" people had colors that didn't give your eyes the "Explosion Disease". .3.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline StormClaws68

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:00:51 am »
I get criticized for having a wolf that is both blue AND winged. What's up with people?

Kellin <3

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 05:31:19 am »
I actually have a manticore character that I use in fantasy roleplays up in Sky's Rim. (If you don't know what a manticore is, look it up). No has ever given me any grief or fuss about her. Probably because she fits into the same category of characters like dragons and gryphons.
If you ever want to roleplay with Melina the manticore, you can find her up in Sky's Rim with all the other fantasy roleplayers.
Inactive

Offline Kona

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50:48 pm »
Pffft. I love fantasy Characters! One of my most used characters is basically the Descendant of a Chimera~ She's not exactly colorful but I'm not sure people would really accept the fact that she has a snake for a tail and can breaths ome fire. xD There's actually a group of us too~ It's quite amusing actually, although I swear, we can recruit for 4 hours and only get one person. It's so frustration, if only people would go out of their comfort zone and try new things every once in a while! Who knows, maybe they'd end up liking it!

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »
Movin' this to Game Discussion.

While I do possess actually two mythical/unrealistic characters (Vespian & The Puppeteer), little do I get much of a hassle when on the two of them. I s'pose this is due to Vespian doesn't possess any vibrant colours to his pelt in general (aside from his eyes) while The Puppeteer, instead of bein' a physical organism, his existence is brought out through the mental instability of Vespian's own mind. Kind of like the hauntin' ye' see on those ghost/horror shows. Not to mention how little some members read biographies. Even still, I do have a rather difficult time findin' a role-play for Vespian and his poltergeist. Especially since, as ye've stated yerself, when it comes to anti-realism, it's like the plague. So most of the time when I role-play Vesp, I'm either role-playin' by myself or with a few acquaintances of mine who doesn't mind interactin' with an illusive creature.
Although, I am not offended on how little Vespian's breed is accepted. The majority of role-plays lean more on the realistic/semi-realistic side of the appearance/genetic scale. It's simply somethin' the creator(s) favor. Creativity can be found in originality as well but that's a different story. I wouldn't be upset but rather proud of my unique and not-so-common character. Then savor those few chances I am accepted into a role-play- even if it just consists of two or three other members.
gone

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21:16 pm »
I always make unrealistic characters. XD
They either have magic, some type of curse, are a mythical species, or are just flatly not realisticly colored.
I don't care for realistic RPs, just because being realistic adds so many restrictions.

It really is annoying to see people who make such cool characters and want to RP with them, but can't because about 2 people in all of FH make unrealistic RP's, and I tend to do the same.
The only 'realistic' RP I was ever a 'leader' in died quite a few months ago.

All the hate in unnecessary, but it mainly spawns from the stereotype that 'all neons/winged characters are illiterate noobs!'
While that's not true.
I have seen ONE truely not-literate person as a neon, all the others are literate people trolling.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline StormClaws68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »
Another problem I have, is getting hate whispers while making videos trying to find someone to RP with!

Kellin <3