Author Topic: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death  (Read 37958 times)

Offline ShiaLabeouf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Level 82 King of the Hill memelord
    • View Profile
Re: Aro'Kai's Sudden Death
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 02:09:36 am »
I would say "By the gods.... what a twist" but to be honest, I always imagined this game going down in a dramatic, flaming death led by the staff themselves.

However, I was wrong. It was led by one staffer. 2/3 ain't bad.

What a shame. I was excited for this game when I first joined the community back in 2012 but I lost interest with the complete lack of anything happening. I recently got curious to see what had happened to the it and boy was I surprised to find this whole mess. e A e
COINCIDENTAL CIRCUMSTANCE BUDDIES
i'm not just your everyday trash that infects the internet stank

i'm the RECYCLABLE trash. y'know, the slightly-above-average stuff.

Offline Cherryheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • shrek lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 06:33:28 am »
Tbh I don't really mind that Aro'kai is dead. Fortunately I got hyped for other games beforehand lol.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:35:58 pm by Cherryheart »

i sleep with a gun under my pillow pet

Offline AdeptRogue

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 12:53:06 pm »
The only thing I'm truelly currious about is -- What happened to the REAL Superfeesh?
Did Kahara kill her? Take her out and replace her? IS FEESH A SYNTH? Wait wrong game...

It's really weird because CCLM and I were really close once -- well I felt we were  close, we had fun and did some art trades, drew something for her recently but she sorta just forgot, I ended up gifting it to her but -- anyway she became staff and this weird disconnect happened.
I suppose this whole deal is why -- but it does explain A LOT of strange things that happened in the forum.

I'm one of those REALLY old members, from back when the staff and the members totaled about 12 of us. XD
We all knew each other you know? But then certain member of the staff just started leaving, people that were my friends, like Maslien.
If anyone remembers her... ; n ;

When major parts of the staff started disappearing for long times, so did I. Then our skype group went quiet. Maslein stopped playing monster hunter with me, she stopped drawing, and someone on the staff was very sick I think-- no one would really talk about it.

Then Kaharah got a staff position. Didn't even really know who she was. But after a while, Super (Onowl at this point) was starting to be more active -- I had mostly already given up on the game, but I did think it was nice to have her being more active... Though --- something felt REALLY off about it. Normally Super felt very mature and soft spoken with a good sense of humor but -- this Onowl was oddly out spoken and would say she was into a lot of things that I honestly didn't think she'd be hugely into.

But in light of this.. I see why...

I just want to know where my old friends went. I think I'm a little more than mad that A'K made them break away from eachother like it did. *sigh*

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 07:34:10 pm »
I know this is a couple months old, but I would like to add some commentory on this subject.

I was a friend (well, a Skype friend) with Onowl for a short time. I even donated at least 50 bucks to the Aro'kai development. The friendship all ended when they started threatening me for some reason, and in desperation to get them away, I deleted their account off my friend list and blocked them.
I cannot remember what On's Skype was, but I'm just glad that it's gone.
In all honesty, I expected Aro's downfall around 2013. I was still patiently waiting for the game after then, but I was extremely upset when I got news of its death. As what happened to my money, I don't know. I can only guess that they took it and used it for their own pleasure.

I would like to help out more in investigating this, but I'm very short on time. Actually, I'm still on hiatius now.

Offline TigerStar*

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Call me princess .
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2016, 03:46:11 am »
A crew that appears to be creating a some what similar game (diverse species in high quality detail, is Cereal Soup ! I myself am highly dissapointed in "Onowl" and the whole Aro'kai drama but once progress came to a complete stop, it wasn't really unexpected.
Other accounts are SteamPaw & DoomedDestiny.

~ babydoll-bunny.tumblr.com
~ l0punny.deviantart.com

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2016, 06:46:09 am »
I haven't spent much time looking at Arokai, But from what I had saw it looked like an excellent game. Although, Primtive Call seems like an outstanding game overall! I would like Arokai to be seen worked on again, As it seemed like such a unique game. But as I said earlier, Primitive Call seems to be turning out like the new Arokai.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Oats

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ? Professor M.J ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2016, 11:20:04 pm »
What a shame.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »
I haven't spent much time looking at Arokai, But from what I had saw it looked like an excellent game. Although, Primtive Call seems like an outstanding game overall! I would like Arokai to be seen worked on again, As it seemed like such a unique game. But as I said earlier, Primitive Call seems to be turning out like the new Arokai.

Not true
Primitive Call is simply on a break - the staff is still very active on the forum! The staff are human beings and like everyone else need breaks sometimes. Don't go putting out false accusations. Unless the staff all suddenly disappear, I really doubt Primitive Call will be stopping production.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 06:01:07 pm »

Not true
Primitive Call is simply on a break - the staff is still very active on the forum! The staff are human beings and like everyone else need breaks sometimes. Don't go putting out false accusations. Unless the staff all suddenly disappear, I really doubt Primitive Call will be stopping production.
Maybe you should try to read my post more clearly, When I said "Primitive Call seems to be turning out like the new Arokai," I simply meant that it's not on break or stopped production. But that it's looking like a great game. 
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »
It's best to stay on topic.

Going to lock this thread as I see no point in us all beating a dead horse. Arokai is dead. Nothing more can come from discussing its death.

It's just unfortunate it went on as long as it did without bearing any tangible fruit. Sad to see potential squandered and a community deceived for as long as it was.