Author Topic: Thiefs?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline login

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Thiefs?
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:44:06 pm »
I found out about some thiefs i know there usernames and i found they are copying characters off people both with FH markings (which i know is not against rules) but i see that someone say they are using characters stolen they had to make PRESETS off too is that allowed? they did not get permission and they have colored in linearts on deviantart of stolen characters too
should the part of them making presets of someone elses characters be a concern to staff? sorry if this is wrong place to put then plz lock and inform me

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
Re: Thiefs?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 09:52:11 pm »
I am not sure what you mean by 'stealing'. Do they directly steal other characters of people and make them a preset and sell them or use identical characters for their own?

I'm not sure if it's 'stealing' because sometimes characters look alike without having the intention to steal someone's design, it just happens to look similar but it doesn't mean the idea was from them. Some people Roleplay as twins so they have to be identical.

Some people also use FH markings for their presets because they want to mix them with their own on presets because they can't draw the specific marking on their own.

Also sometimes alot of people have identical names without needing to steal from eachother. They just happened to have the same name idea.

But Stealing is bad, I agree. Unfortunately I don't think the mods can do something about it.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline login

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »
I am not sure what you mean by 'stealing'. Do they directly steal other characters of people and make them a preset and sell them or use identical characters for their own?

I'm not sure if it's 'stealing' because sometimes characters look alike without having the intention to steal someone's design, it just happens to look similar but it doesn't mean the idea was from them. Some people Roleplay as twins so they have to be identical.

Some people also use FH markings for their presets because they want to mix them with their own on presets because they can't draw the specific marking on their own.

Also sometimes alot of people have identical names without needing to steal from eachother. They just happened to have the same name idea.

But Stealing is bad, I agree. Unfortunately I don't think the mods can do something about it.

no i mean they steal a person character that you would need to make a preset off to look the same, it is 100% the same of the original owners character/preset and they are running around on it saying it is theres

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:05:37 pm »

no i mean they steal a person character that you would need to make a preset off to look the same, it is 100% the same of the original owners character/preset and they are running around on it saying it is theres

Maybe the original owner begun selling their characters with points so they just ended up bying the characters? Are you entirely sure they are the thieves and not the other person? It depends on which character was created first and this is something we can't know of.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 11:35:15 pm »
In most cases regarding the taking/stealing/copying of markings, staff cannot do anything. No one can claim ownership to default markings because they are free to the public, meaning anyone can use them to create a variety of designs. When it comes to presets, it works in a similar way, but there are exceptions when we can step in.

First, it's important to understand the nature of the preset that has been "stolen." Was it publically uploaded to a platform, like Discord, where plenty of people could have access to the preset? Was it gifted to a friend? Was it commissioned off? In most cases, if the owner of the preset has simply been careless in the distribution of the preset, they will solely be held responsible for what happens with the preset. (In other words, if Person A shared a preset with their packmates and Person B downloads it, we can't ask Person B to stop using the preset because A intended to upload the preset.)

It sounds to me that you're saying that Person B has created a character that looks like Person A's preset, yes? ^^ It's important for us to know if Person B is using default markings or a preset to take from Person A's preset. If they are using default markings, nothing can be done. If they are creating a preset, we need to look at how B came to know what A's preset looks like. Did Person A give out their preset? Has A uploaded images of this preset online? It is difficult for staff to accept reports like these because it is difficult to provide proof that one design was established before the other.

However, staff can step in if this turns into impersonation. Impersonation involves copying, but there is a distinction-- impersonation is claiming to be someone you're not. If Person B has taken the design of Person A, copied their name and character, and is claiming to be Person A, we can accept this as a report. (Granted, we will need proof that A created the character before B did.)

As for the portion regarding uploaded content to DeviantArt, I should make a note that we can only deal with matters within Feral Heart. If someone has made a character based of a design used with FH markings but the content is contained with other websites (such as DeviantArt), we cannot do anything. Our powers only go so far within our domain.~

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.