Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 39233 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2018, 05:23:39 pm »
Honestly I think it's going to work a little better than what people are saying. IT's why Raz is taking a few days to work with it probably before implementing it. But I wouldn't know...

Offline NKM9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I wonder what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
    • NKM9's Roblox profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2018, 05:38:47 pm »
Well for the month of October and maybe beyond. You the community will be in charge of self moderation.

How is it going to work?

Well from your point of view as a community member you have a very simple job to do. If you see someone or something that shouldn't be going on block the person.

The system in place will identify people being blocked. It will assign bans accordingly. I'm not going to give too much insight to its workings for now as things may change as more information is collected and to prevent any attempts at abuse of the system.
Those who disagree with moderator free October. You seem to be wildly over simplifying its operation. I'll give you a hint block != ban or even  blockx9000 != ban.

So 9000 blocks does not warrant a ban, but the bot places bans acordingly to blocks. Yeah, okay. That makes sense.

No. I understand it even less than when you made the first post about moderation free October. I'm just gonna tell you that I don't trust this system with the current information available: it's a system I know very little of that was set up without the other staff's knowledge.

I would like to know more about this system before it's implemented, beccause I'm pretty much in the dark right now. I'm willing to give it a shot, but... I... I just don't like the current situation at all.

From how I interperet it, it means there'll be some sort of algorithm that will be so many blocks for specific acrions you did or say will eventual lead to a ban, after so many times, but the question remains if the ban will be perm or it'll be a temp.

I like my dinner extra burnt by some mystical fire <3
Owner of the Snuggle Club of FH (PM me for Discord invite code)

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2018, 05:53:28 pm »
From how I interperet it, it means there'll be some sort of algorithm that will be so many blocks for specific acrions you did or say will eventual lead to a ban, after so many times, but the question remains if the ban will be perm or it'll be a temp.

Let's just assume for a moment that a halfway decent algorithm is put into place where an automated system is put into place and is able to differentiate the "block" as legit or falsified. That's great, perhaps a self moderation system will actually work in that case. But i still have a few concerns as followed:

- Your question: Temp or perm?
- For those times when the algorithm fails and falsly bans someone, how is Raz going to handle the appeals? He's clearly not known for his communication.
- What about the forum? Nothing in moderation has been announced for the forum.
- Further more, what is the community decides that swearing is OK, even though in the rules, it's not. No one will block for profanity, How will Raz address that?

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2018, 05:53:56 pm »
Well for the month of October and maybe beyond. You the community will be in charge of self moderation.

How is it going to work?

Well from your point of view as a community member you have a very simple job to do. If you see someone or something that shouldn't be going on block the person.

The system in place will identify people being blocked. It will assign bans accordingly. I'm not going to give too much insight to its workings for now as things may change as more information is collected and to prevent any attempts at abuse of the system.
Those who disagree with moderator free October. You seem to be wildly over simplifying its operation. I'll give you a hint block != ban or even  blockx9000 != ban.

So 9000 blocks does not warrant a ban, but the bot places bans acordingly to blocks. Yeah, okay. That makes sense.

No. I understand it even less than when you made the first post about moderation free October. I'm just gonna tell you that I don't trust this system with the current information available: it's a system I know very little of that was set up without the other staff's knowledge.

I would like to know more about this system before it's implemented, beccause I'm pretty much in the dark right now. I'm willing to give it a shot, but... I... I just don't like the current situation at all.

Yeah, it could honestly use a bit more explaining, hopefully a thread will be made explaining all the detail, answering questions and such.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2018, 06:34:36 pm »
After watching a moderator kick someone for increasing increments of minutes 3 times in a row because they kept walking up to the moderator & starting to chat, but would start swearing unintentionally, which was comical to watch and seemed fair at the time, what would an AI do?     A real human can see situations from the humans perspective, an AI doesn't.  Self driving cars are an example of this & i don't trust them at all (Tesla have a steering wheel for a reason).  How many times i've seen them at a panel repair shop is a clue...
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2018, 07:04:44 pm »
Here to say that I agree with Kuri. I wouldn't trust AIs
doing what i feel like

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2018, 07:06:17 pm »
Honestly if Raz could give us a better explanation of this "algorithm" I think there wouldn't be as much chaos as there is right now. A lot of people are scared that this feature will be taken advantage of or that there is no moderation whatsoever at the moment, so for the community's sake, I think there should be more detail given on how this bot will operate, even if the details are subject to change.

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »
I'd like to see this bot in action. It new. It intrigues me. *Shrugs*

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2018, 07:26:25 pm »
I guess I ought to add on to some of my original sentiments.

The fact he will not give implementation details is suspect. He claims he cannot so the system cannot be abused. This implies that the system will have the capacity for abuse. Anyone with any understanding of what data machines require and how they use it can guess implementation details. You cannot do security through obscurity. Or I guess in this case, validity. This is why one must construct a solid system. If the system is solid, the details shouldn't be a concern if made public.

However, he could just be bluffing to get us to block users that offend us, having us believe they will be banned.

Algorithms are notoriously bad at context. It sounds good, but it can be manipulated, too, if you know the troublesome contexts.

Offline SirRoastsALot

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2018, 07:30:46 pm »
I support you Raz  :D