Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 39241 times)

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2018, 12:20:40 am »
I have tons of cyberbullies on the internet, and I don't even know if they're on FH, but I'm worried that I will get banned from multiple blocks from them. I'm the most hated person on the internet, and I'm worried that if I get on Feral Heart, I will end up banned from my favorite RP game for life because of bullies. I don't want that.

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2018, 01:02:11 am »
I have tons of cyberbullies on the internet, and I don't even know if they're on FH, but I'm worried that I will get banned from multiple blocks from them. I'm the most hated person on the internet, and I'm worried that if I get on Feral Heart, I will end up banned from my favorite RP game for life because of bullies. I don't want that.

Raz has clarified that block =/= ban.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 01:05:06 am by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2018, 07:05:51 am »
this entire thread takes a long time to explain absolutely nothing

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2018, 07:14:48 am »

I agree here. I think we should all take a breath and let things smooth out for the time being. There's nothing any of us can do and letting the situation settle might be a good idea for all of us. Lets try and keep a positive outlook and wait for future news. <3
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:19:41 am by Esarosa »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2018, 07:23:09 am »

I agree here. I think we should all take a breath and let things smooth out for the time being. There's nothing any of us can do and letting the situation settle might be a good idea for all of us. Lets try and keep a positive outlook and wait for future news. <3

or

a more reasonable mindset and hold people accountable for being dumb

or not being transparent

or taking a game that's almost ten years old and aimed at 11 year olds too seriously

or taking an apparent power trip on said type of game

i dont know about you man, but positivity aint gonna help here

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2018, 01:55:10 pm »

or

or not being transparent

or taking a game that's almost ten years old and aimed at 11 year olds too seriously

I honestly feel like everyone is forgetting everything else he did after he fixed one thing.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2018, 02:22:24 pm »

or

or not being transparent

I honestly feel like everyone is forgetting everything else he did after he fixed one thing.

that's almost exactly how i feel. while nothing can really stop him, we can't really even say he's in the right or trust him completely because he still did a few other pretty illogical things. he also never gave a helpful explanation of how the new reporting system works, so i guess what i'm collecting from how he's putting it... is that nobody gets banned even though it assigns bans accordingly? no shade towards anybody, but i dont feel like this is an "it's going to blow over soon" situation unless raz reconsiders his actions. it made no sense to delete the patch maps. at least the community is calming down and everyone's staying together, but until raz owns up to everything or makes a more in-depth explanation instead of what seems like blaming the situation on us, this won't be forgotten.

Kazul

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2018, 07:15:39 pm »
What is completely baffling to me here is the "I don't like to explain myself" bit. It doesn't matter whether you do or don't; when you took it upon yourself to help keep balance to a community, YOU HAVE TO SPELL THINGS OUT FOR THEM. I could almost compare that type of mindset to Donald Trump. "We're doing it my way and I don't care what the rest of you peasants have to say about it." Yikes. Just yikes. I've been in this community since 2011. I've watched it decline. It didn't need new maps, it didn't need General taken away, etc.; what it needs are adults who are willing to put in the time to keep the game in check and continue to grow the number of players. If new MODs need to take the place of the old ones simply because they don't want to put in the effort anymore, then GET NEW MODs. This is a zero-effort action and shows me that you just stopped caring. Period.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:41:21 pm by Kazul »

Offline Corssa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2018, 03:57:43 am »
I am kinda scared, as for the block = ban, some might over use it and get others banned just for fun, i am scared i or my friends might get blocked a lot of times from others doing it for fun,
Sorry if i don't really understand i just wanted to put this out.
As for the people who get offended easily just as if you walk up to them and say "Hi" or whatever or if you just walk up to them and they get offended and block you cause i have saw people do that to me before block me for no reason and i don't want to end up banned just from blocks for no reason.
So there are a lot of people out there wanting to block for fun, and that's what i'm scared of.
And since of this i will either avoid people or might not be on as much.
And there are people who just look at you and just hate you instantly and then they just block you, I've come across people like that.

Raz has clarified that block =/= ban.

Block does not necessarily mean ban. It's a little more complicated than that.

Azura is right.
I found out a long time ago, but thanks for pointing it out.

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2018, 04:36:23 pm »
Something came to mind I would like to share. I want to compare the FH's moderation system to an other moderation system I'm familiar with: DotA's. I know FeralHeart is far from a MOBA game, but hear me out.

DotA's system tracks how often you've left a match and how many reports you've gotten. Based on those numbers the system automatically places players in the low priority queue. Nobody knows what exactly the treshold is for reports and match abandons, but everybody can figure out there's some sort of alglorythm behind it. Sounds familiar so far?

Now, besides from that Valve made it clear DotA's moderation bot also tracks if multiple people from the same group reported you, and you get a basic conduct report about only your last 25 matches. If you did a little research you can assume two things:
- If 4 players from 1 group report you, it'd actually have less effect than if you got 3 reports from 3 different groups of players.
- It determines who goes to the low-priority queue by recent events rather than lifetime events.

That got me thinking. If the system implemented in FH also looks at where the blocks came from, when they were put in place and if any recent blocks were removed this system could actually work great. Even if it doesn't, Raz might have found another way around the mass block problem. The only problem is that we have no information whereof we can get the idea that Raz has kept this in mind whilst setting up the system. That's what tripped me up until just yesterday, when I realised this could actually be the case. And for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to assume he did.

Well, that's about it. I hope it'll help some of you a little bit, somehow.