Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 39247 times)

Offline LordKreiger

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • meganzas.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2018, 08:25:07 pm »
A lot of people are unsure on this system as it's never really been done before. There has always been physical mods who can follow the rules to a point and judge correctly right and wrong to avoid injustice. While an AI works elsewhere, I'm not entirely supportive that it would work here.

This community has always been use to a physical mod. Knowing a physical person was there to help was reassuring. With this system? I truely don't know how it will blend with how this community is (whatever is left of it that is).

There are games out there, TFM for instance that while they have physical mods, they also have a system that if you want as a player you can watch 'reported' members and judge them for their crime (hacking, profanity, cheating etc)

For that game it works (kinda)
But here on FH I struggle with thinking It could work. 

block != ban or even  blockx9000 != ban

That was our only hint to how this system will work. And with how many members had left the game, I don't see how this will work. What about those who are smart enough to beat it.

I struggle with it really.

And what about the personal connections? The events, parties and contests? All the things that made FH enjoyable for everyone. Those are all gone now. So what a lot of people looked forward to is now completely gone and it's a huge bummer.
Check out the Pack of Eventide!
"You need a little mischief in your life to keep your soul alive." - BJ

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2018, 08:48:31 pm »
After sitting on it, thinking on it & even trying to find some pros whilst there's a lot of cons to this.. I just hope you're going to be doing multiple trial runs on this, using multiple incidents where the testing can either work or fail..
I'm not here to tell you how to do your work and all, but if you're really headstrong on implementing this, I think you should hold off on the M.F October until you're absolutely certain this is without a single shred of doubt full proof.
If this sort of thing were to to run smoothly, you still need to have plans for the complications, the backfires, the alternative solutions and even temp solutions until you're certain you covered every ground and basis.
AIs are getting more and more advanced and while we may have a grasp on them, they're still unpredictable. I rather have this implemented along with a few physical members that have the ability to reverse the damage.

You're currently the only one that has some idea on how things work / get implemented, etc other than the creator of the game and possibly someone else ( not entirely sure ). Why not have a selected few that has some prior knowledge to coding and / or are interested to help you out. That way, not only will they know the ins and out of the game, but the server itself. It could be more beneficial and reassuring than to put all our faith and constantly be on edge because our fates is in the hands of a AI system and only an AI system.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2018, 09:12:26 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about this anymore, there's so many things that could go wrong but also the possibility it'll work out just fine. I just fear a lot may be misunderstood by the bot and the forums definitely will need moderation. Mods should still remain around to moderate the forums, and some in-game, they did a lot, helped members, of which bots cannot do. Sure, other members can help, but staff tend to know just a tad bit more than most regular members, yanno? The staff also ran a lot of community wide events, of which kept the game a tad bit more interesting.
artwork by dehvina

Lucius

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2018, 10:15:42 pm »
I know I said I was leaving and all, but it just felt wrong to let my last post be so negative and bitter. That, and the fact that I still care about this community quite a bit led me to believe that maybe I should see this through.

Look, I want to apologize for how I worded my posts in the Moderator Free October thread, as well as my leaving post. The venom was uncalled for, and you didn’t deserve that. I’m sure you have your reasons for the decisions you took, and I may have jumped the gun in writing what I did simply because I disagreed with your choice of doing things; I loosened the reins on my temper and I clearly shouldn’t have done that.

However, I feel that some of the community’s fears were also justified, given how little was explained in regards to this system. Both sides have made mistakes, whether it be assumptions, or a lack of details. This community is a brilliant one in many respects, and I feel bad for tucking my tail in between my legs and leaving instead of staying to help in the aftermath.

Obviously what I've said so far hasn't been exactly relevant to the OP, so hopefully these next few lines will be.

I know that everyone's on edge lately, but I would encourage you not to lose reason (like I did) in face of this whole situation. Obviously we don't have the whole picture, which is why it can be hard to see any positives to this, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're nonexistent.

Some of you might agree with Raz's decision, and others will disagree, but fighting about it is the worst thing that you can do right now. The month of October will be crucial for a lot of people, and clearly the trial's not going to be dropped, so we might as well make it go as smoothly as possible. The last thing we need is for the system to get skewed just because some people were feeling resentful.

Raz, I urge you to please be more transparent in the future. You've said it's not your strong suit, and that's understandable, but this community really deserves to be informed about what is happening / will happen to the game that they so clearly cherish. It's not exactly fair to let them make assumptions and then say that they're oversimplifying things.

To everyone else; some of fighting I've witnessed in light of recent events is what made me realize I was overreacting. A few of you seem to feel like you're fighting for the right 'side' of things. I'd like you to consider the following: there are no sides.

There's no "pro-this" or "anti-that" teams. There's only one big community with the desire to see their game be the best it can be, and you shouldn't be splitting yourselves up into opposing teams and fighting over things that don't really matter in the long run.

If you don't want this game to die, then don't lose perspective of what's important to you. All of this fighting isn't really what people like about FeralHeart, is it?

I agree that the staff made the community interesting with events, parties, and contests. For the time being, maybe it's up to us regular members to take up that mantle. Find what you like about FH and do your best to propagate that.

I think I've said all that I wanted to say. I'll be staying on the forums and seeing if the future holds something for me here.

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2018, 10:32:01 pm »
I'm sorry, but other major games have staff teams and mods. Yes bots are used, but they are more so used as a tool for the staff with the large amount of numbers. Back when we had the game open for as many people to join when they pleased and we could easily see 1000+ members plus a day I can see us needing this, but at this point when we are now maybe on a good day getting 200 I don't see this needed at all. Lets be real. If it is an algorithm then we all know how crappy it can be, major sites even have such awful ones.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2018, 10:43:00 pm »

I honestly agree with Lucius' entire post pretty much, you made a lot of strong points and commented on both sides, honestly making me feel as though "siding" is pretty myeh, stupid, at this point. We are all a community, and as a community we work together and stick together in situations like this rather than run off and leave it to be torn up. I'm sure the members could do a lot and create our own member based events and mini-games, roleplaying elated stuff, etc! But, I still personally believe a staff team is needed, for moderation purposes on the site, and some in-game, as it could lead to chaos without it.. So we haven't seen any horrible behavior on the site rather than bickering, but what happens if someone were to mass spam vulgar images? We're sitting on a thin line here honestly, it can go very well, or horribly bad. Bots can only do so much, shouldn't every game have a staff team that can assist members and update them on important things regular members may not know? Maybe, maybe not. We as a community only know so much and can do so much..
artwork by dehvina

Calvary

« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2018, 03:24:10 am »
I know I said I was leaving and all, but it just felt wrong to let my last post be so negative and bitter. That, and the fact that I still care about this community quite a bit led me to believe that maybe I should see this through.

Look, I want to apologize for how I worded my posts in the Moderator Free October thread, as well as my leaving post. The venom was uncalled for, and you didn’t deserve that. I’m sure you have your reasons for the decisions you took, and I may have jumped the gun in writing what I did simply because I disagreed with your choice of doing things; I loosened the reins on my temper and I clearly shouldn’t have done that.

However, I feel that some of the community’s fears were also justified, given how little was explained in regards to this system. Both sides have made mistakes, whether it be assumptions, or a lack of details. This community is a brilliant one in many respects, and I feel bad for tucking my tail in between my legs and leaving instead of staying to help in the aftermath.

Obviously what I've said so far hasn't been exactly relevant to the OP, so hopefully these next few lines will be.

I know that everyone's on edge lately, but I would encourage you not to lose reason (like I did) in face of this whole situation. Obviously we don't have the whole picture, which is why it can be hard to see any positives to this, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're nonexistent.

Some of you might agree with Raz's decision, and others will disagree, but fighting about it is the worst thing that you can do right now. The month of October will be crucial for a lot of people, and clearly the trial's not going to be dropped, so we might as well make it go as smoothly as possible. The last thing we need is for the system to get skewed just because some people were feeling resentful.

Raz, I urge you to please be more transparent in the future. You've said it's not your strong suit, and that's understandable, but this community really deserves to be informed about what is happening / will happen to the game that they so clearly cherish. It's not exactly fair to let them make assumptions and then say that they're oversimplifying things.

To everyone else; some of fighting I've witnessed in light of recent events is what made me realize I was overreacting. A few of you seem to feel like you're fighting for the right 'side' of things. I'd like you to consider the following: there are no sides.

There's no "pro-this" or "anti-that" teams. There's only one big community with the desire to see their game be the best it can be, and you shouldn't be splitting yourselves up into opposing teams and fighting over things that don't really matter in the long run.

If you don't want this game to die, then don't lose perspective of what's important to you. All of this fighting isn't really what people like about FeralHeart, is it?

I agree that the staff made the community interesting with events, parties, and contests. For the time being, maybe it's up to us regular members to take up that mantle. Find what you like about FH and do your best to propagate that.

I think I've said all that I wanted to say. I'll be staying on the forums and seeing if the future holds something for me here.

Just like Lucius, I do have to apologize for my reactions to all of this for the sake of the community.

Many overreacted, myself included, and I think that is due for an apology. Both sides have shook and shaken. Though, that is due for apology.

We all wanted the same for the game, but we all approached it differently. Though, I cannot speak for the whole of the community, I can say for myself that I have reacted in a wrong way, as did some of the community towards this. I am going to thank Raz on behalf of trying or attempting to explain to us.

The community means growth, and I'm sure without building a new game, trying this way and that, we could rebuild the game from our childhood and prepare it for the next generation.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2018, 05:39:20 am »

I am still unsure to what the bot will do Raz so if you could when you get the chance could you explain it a tad more?
I wish to understand what exactly will be happening with this bot cause it has peeked my curiosity. Since you are the
only one left in charge of this game I'm kinda curious how things will ride out with it just being you.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline peacharri

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • peacharri
    • Opheren
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2018, 08:03:29 am »
I really hope y'know what you're doing here. A lot of people (including myself) are not trusting to this system and I think a lot more explaining will have to be done before people are to trust it. I respect your work as the server master, but please be careful. The community is in a lot of shock.

avatar lineart: dontstealmypie  |  siggy lineart: vanosaur  |  both linearts were free to use!

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2018, 09:45:16 am »
We appreciate the clarification, but the proof that you are responsible for the missing characters rests on Nynx’s gravestone. She wanted to give us a taste of the patch, but then she got banned and any characters who went into the maps she showed us were deleted.
We don’t need the staff to leave for any discernible reason. They actually care about us as opposed to you.
Also, I suggest you use =/= to indicate “not equal.”
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 09:51:16 am by .Lilith. »
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.