Author Topic: Arkanis's Character Thread: [04/29/14]  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Arkanis's Character Thread: [04/29/14]
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:28 pm »
A favor, if ye' will, ma'am. Havin' some good friends that are deviantARTists, I've taken note that some of the artwork ye've portrayed for a few of yer characters (such as Azarath and Kage Akayame for example) aren't precisely yers and I see no credit givin' to the original artists. More so do I not see any sort of "permission" from the original artists that grants ye' to use their artwork (even their own personal characters) for yer own use.

I advise ye' give credit to the artists (whether it be ye' commissioned/requested them for the artwork or got their permission to use their artwork for yer own characters' appearances) else this thread will be locked. I personally do not tolerate any form of, this may sound harsh, theft whether it be intentional or accidental. Please heed my advice and see to it to fix the situation, madam.

But aside from that, overall ye' have lovely characters and I really like the detail and whimsical theme ye've put into a majority of them.
gone

Offline Arkayy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • YOU WANNA HAVE BAD TOM?!
    • arkayy.deviantart.com
    • Foxyhobobaggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
@vespian Oh, I'm very sorry about this. I really didn't mean to steal art. :/ The pictures I am using that aren't mine are kinda just place holders until i can finish drawing them accurately. But I will assure you that many of the pieces are actually my own. This would include art for:

Karasu
Tao
slaterift
paradox
azarath
grimmsley (It was a custom preset i made for it)
and particially ryukoi (The line art was done for me though i colored it.)

With the picture for madara and ryukoi lineart, I'll happily give credit where its due to the artist.

You can find all the pieces on my DA here if you need proof: arkanis-void.deviantart.com

That would only leave kage, ray and rags with this issue. (I did quite a few of madara but have yet to upload them.) I suppose i could take down there pictures until I can have time to draw them, because im not quite sure how i would give photos i found on google without the artist/photographer/animator listed. But anyways, I'll get it resolved one way or the other.

Sorry i've been such a mooching pain. v.v But thanks for telling me about this. I appreciate it.

U WANNA HAV EH BAAD TOM?!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 08:25:40 pm »
I thoroughly appreciate yer cooperation. It's quite alright as ye' didn't intentionally do it. It was an accident. I am aware that most of the pieces are yers though just to be safe, I'd still credit and/or remove artwork that's not solely yer own. I hope ye' understand.

Again, wonderful characters. Some has really intrigued me with their factors of whimsy and otherworldly descriptions/appearances. I look forward to seein' more critters crafted by ye'. Quite the imagination ye' have.
gone