Author Topic: **Cielo** ATTENTION HELP NEEDED  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
**Cielo** ATTENTION HELP NEEDED
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:39:55 am »

Name: Cielo (Italian for Sky as the translator says >.>)
Biography: Cielo is the Elder god of the Sky and Storms, and like the sky, he changes his mind quickly. He does not tend to stay on one track for too long, and what he wants to do, will often change every minute or so. This sometimes causes him to stress, as he finds he does not settle for one thing, but changes between them. When he went into hibernation, he found it a bit of a reprieve... For a while at least. Then he wanted to wake up. Hibernation was boring, lifeless, dull. He couldn't see the sky in his dreams.

His job amongst the Elder gods is to watch the skies, to guide storms and protect from them. He controls all sorts of storms, not just the lightning and rain kind, dust storms, tornado's, hail, blizzards. If he is not careful he can lose control of the storms he guides and starts, letting them run rampant on their own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, the reason I put attention help needed in the title is this... Cielo is for a RP I recently joined, but I find his appearance a tad dull. And not only that, but I wish to give him a preset. BUT why create a preset when the only version I have of him is the one in the images, which is all just FH markings? What I need is ideas on how to further his appearance. When trying to suggest stuff, remember that he is the "Elder God" of Storms and Sky. He must have wings because of this, as it suits the god's position too well to not have them. So, if anyone would care to help, whether it be by colouring in a lineart to display your idea or just suggesting, then PLEASE do so, I am unsure as to how I want him to look. I won't just take peoples design ideas either, I will probably use them to make him my own, and just get ideas from them, but not replicate the ideas you have shown me exactly.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

CloudFish

Re: **Cielo** ATTENTION HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »
More grey-pelt. Storms? Grey clouds yar? Looks kinda bluish right now.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »
It might be interesting if the markings were white, that or the main pelt was white and the markings were gray~ XDD.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »
No white, it is storms, white is too peaceful XD And white with grey markings is most certainly not something I see happening on him XDDDD

And more grey could be good, I have him the way he is know because it looks a bit like a grey storm cloud on a dark sky kind of thing XD So more grey would make it look a bit darker, and stormier, perhaps a darker grey mixed in there somewhere...

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 03:46:44 pm »
A Gray-Black then? XD

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 03:50:13 pm »
  I don't use black either, and I was hoping for marking help for a preset, as in what it would look like, not colours, and if colours, not over used colours >.> originality is the key here XD I kinda know the colour scheme I want to keep to, greys and dull blues, I don't want overbearing colours on there.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 04:34:26 pm »
Well,for a preset you could have the dull blue and gray colours on it, but possibly make them into little clouds, like theres a storm on him? And maybe little streaks of lightning here and there~ :P

Offline blackhayateFMA

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • "Be Thou for the People"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:50 pm »
Well, if your character is indeed an Elder it might be a good Idea to give him some wear and tear, maybe some torn ears and scars. The eyes should also reflect a kind of wisdom so try to make them look more clever and wise. As for the colors I would say shades of grey, not to dark and not too light. With grey you could go either way just like the sky and it's sudden changes ^^ I hope this helps with your character.
~B l a c k H a y a t e~

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:41 am »
Hm... I could try to sketch something, not very good at articulating ideas...

EDIT: Okay, so... I started drawing with every intention of staying close to the character design. Then my brain went on a tangent. Then I decided to post it anyway. Feel free to use any part (or all) of the design; I won't be using it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:01:23 am by Tearless »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 04:56:44 am »
I really like the eyes on that, with what looks like tear streak going down from them, that is a really interesting idea, and would work well XD The picture overall looks really good too XD But I really would like to try and build it up myself, rather than take what you have drawn, you know, get ideas from other people, work on parts of ideas I like and then put together the reworked ideas in a way that I like, and make it my own, just drawing inspiration from other ideas. So I won't take the design XD