Author Topic: How to: work with Blender  (Read 111295 times)

Offline Hamilton

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 102
  • Stand your ground.
    • View Profile
Re: How to: work with Blender
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2012, 07:30:54 pm »
You must set up the connection between mesh and material in blender. After doing this, you must then set up the uv mapping in blender.

This is all covered in detail in the tutorial.

If you exported a mesh without a material file, then the file you are opening is the .xml. which you should not do. As you've seen, it just makes a huge mess. If you'd opened a true material file, it would look similar to the ones in the games files.

I advise you to go back to the tutorials section on setting up materials and uv-mapping.

I also advise, in the future, to follow the instructions provided by tutorials rather than running off and trying to do it your own way. There's a reason the tutorial covers what it does, the way it does. It's there to guide you to success.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 01:13:23 am »
Im sorry Hammy, i tried my best to follow your tutorial but different versions different buttons, options, windows ect. I find it difficult to keep up and know what im doing with something so different.

I have managed to bring the mesh in game but i need to add the material/texture from BaseWhite to whatever im changing it too and sometimes rotate the mesh until its right side up. Once all that is done its just like any other mesh in Object Maker.

Im trying to bring that Ogre window up so i can export it right side up and with a material and texture. I have to export mine a different way by just click Export as .txml and .mesh then convert it.

I do my best to follow tutorials but when i dont know how to do this or that i end up trying to find my own way. Its just me really, thats how i work.
I understand what tutorials are for and you did explain it very well but i still couldnt figure it out. I aint the smartest person.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 02:19:23 am »
Blender can be hard to use

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:34 am »
Yes it can as i found out on my first few attempts.

Offline ChunkyMonkey94

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:08 pm »
Try visiting this site so you can learn how to use blender better. (=
http://cgcookie.com/blender/
FREE MESHES & COMMISSIONS
------------------------------------
Check out my DA account where I have free
mesh you can use for your maps and where
I'm also accepting mesh and item commissions:
http://chunkymonkey94.deviantart.com

Offline ChunkyMonkey94

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 08:08:22 pm »
I understand what it is what you are trying to do. You want to be able to put a texture onto your mesh right?
You should be able to find out how to do that with the site I sent you. Just keep trying and soon enough you'll come to a break-though. ^^
FREE MESHES & COMMISSIONS
------------------------------------
Check out my DA account where I have free
mesh you can use for your maps and where
I'm also accepting mesh and item commissions:
http://chunkymonkey94.deviantart.com

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 12:08:33 am »
I understand what it is what you are trying to do. You want to be able to put a texture onto your mesh right?
You should be able to find out how to do that with the site I sent you. Just keep trying and soon enough you'll come to a break-though. ^^

I know how to put a texture on the mesh. On the last part of the tutorial he has this ogre window opened up. Im trying to figure out how to open that window up so i can get my mesh right side up and get its texture automatically.
Unfortunatly my internets not fast enough to load any of the videos on the Blender site so most of the time i figure it out myself.

Thank you though Kevin +1 karma

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:30 am »

I know how to put a texture on the mesh. On the last part of the tutorial he has this ogre window opened up. Im trying to figure out how to open that window up so i can get my mesh right side up and get its texture automatically.
Unfortunatly my internets not fast enough to load any of the videos on the Blender site so most of the time i figure it out myself.

Thank you though Kevin +1 karma

Yes! I can keep up with the rest of the tutorial, but when it comes to opening up that Ogre window, I am at a loss :/ If anyone knows how to do that on the newest Blender version, that would be great.
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 07:12:45 am »
Thanks for this Hammy, book marked it :) Just started using Blender recently so this will help

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:58 am »
Hamilton, Im sorry to say this, But as ingredient said, This tutorial just isnt helpful anymore.

1. Im pretty sure 2.59 does NOT have the grid button!

2. Without the grid button, We cant load any scripts im quite sure of it.

3. This is quite hard to follow, Since theres a lot of things removed in blender 2.59.

Not trying to tell you what to do, But im just suggesting something here.
You may want to get the newest blender, And just make a tutorial for it. Im pretty sure we cant even GET the old python anymore, And so, Even if we did have the old blender, There wouldnt be a python to work with it.

See my problem here, Hammy?