Author Topic: How to: work with Blender  (Read 111437 times)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
Re: How to: work with Blender
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2012, 08:36:58 am »
Ok I scanned through all 8 pages of this thing and still can't find the answer i need D:
OK from the top old chaps! I have 3ds max I find it super easy to use compared to this atrocious thing called blender. Anyhow, as the only way to get  objects made for FH I got blender ugh..*shivers* I've imported my design into blender; now is where the trouble starts. I have all the components you said were needed, blender recognized Python but here what i have:

This is what i have under the windows tab for options

I'm figuring That python console is what i need here...

Well here it is... (Circled in blue is a thing from the Oger add-on) below boxed in RED is the bar for the now active Python Console, there is no script button as stated there should be...

I'm so lost it's not funny anymore... Any help greatly appreciated :3

Amber123

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 02:17:12 am »
Wowza!!

feralheartdog

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 02:36:06 am »
Ok I scanned through all 8 pages of this thing and still can't find the answer i need D:
OK from the top old chaps! I have 3ds max I find it super easy to use compared to this atrocious thing called blender. Anyhow, as the only way to get  objects made for FH I got blender ugh..*shivers* I've imported my design into blender; now is where the trouble starts. I have all the components you said were needed, blender recognized Python but here what i have:

This is what i have under the windows tab for options

I'm figuring That python console is what i need here...

Well here it is... (Circled in blue is a thing from the Oger add-on) below boxed in RED is the bar for the now active Python Console, there is no script button as stated there should be...

I'm so lost it's not funny anymore... Any help greatly appreciated :3

I was lost der to, but somehow I managed...I randomly hit buttons xD and now I'm using Blender like a pro.....TIME TO: Randomly hit buttons...(P.s: Do not slam your keybooard in frustration, for it will make more problems.)

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

Guiseee.
I'm thinking of livestreaming me converting some meshes ;D
I have the slightly older version of Blender thoough :/
I find it easier to use.
But, if you guise want to tune in and watch it, the link is in meh siggie.
I'm not streaming RIGHT now, obviously.
But, It'll probably be in like, 2 hours?
I need to eat food and take a shower and stuff. xD

feralheartdog

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2012, 08:17:53 pm »
Hammy, I read and read this tutorial, and well.....your tutoial allowed meh to learn :3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:57 am »
Well ive downloaded version 2.49 and the exporter. The texture still wont show automatically though even though ive linked a material file to the mesh.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2012, 09:59:08 pm »
I think I can help you guys, but I can't At the moment. When I get on my computer, I may be able to help.
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »
I think I can help you guys, but I can't At the moment. When I get on my computer, I may be able to help.

That would be nice :)

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2012, 01:03:50 am »
Alright, I am on my computer now :)

I take it you guys have already made the models on the newest version of Blender, and you just want to know how to export them as .xml files, that appear right way up in game, with materials on them correctly.
You have probably done some of this, but I shall do it from the start for the benefit of others.

(BTW, I have no idea what the Python Console was for, I have never used it, I believe)

First, you have to install/turn on the Ogre exporter add-on, do this by going to File>User Preferences, then click on the Addons tab.

Scroll down until you find the "Import-Export Ogre Exporter", and tick the box on the right. This enables Blender to export the meshes.

Now you have to export it.
Make sure that your model is all in one component before you do so. To do this, click the Select menu down the bottom, and then click Select/Deselect All. Make sure it is all selected, not deselected. Then, click the Object menu (which is right next to select) and click Join.

Go to File>Export>Ogre 3D (.scene and .mesh)

So now, we have the export screen. Up the top, name your Mesh (in the textbox that says .scene), like you would any file, and choose where to save it. Notice it says it will save it as a .scene, but this is fine. It won't, as long as you choose the right options under the Export Ogre menu on the left.

Make sure that the boxes ticked and unticked on your screen match the ones in the screenshot above, this is vital. Just in case you can't see the pic, these are:

Unticked:
-Separate Materials
-Only animated bones
-Export scene
-Export selected only (unless you do not wish to export all of your model)
-Force Camera
-Force Lamps

Ticked:
-Copy shader programs
-Export Meshes
-Export meshes (overwrite)
-Armature Animation
-Shape Animation (Trim weights: 0.01)
-Optimise Arrays
-Export Materials
Convert IMA: None

MAKE SURE THE SWAP AXIS BOX READS: -xzy , otherwise your mesh will be the wrong way up.

Now, I have no idea what some of those boxes do, but it works with these boxes ticked.

You can press the "Export Ogre" Button now, which is next to the File Name box. It may take a little while, just let it work.

Go to where you saved your mesh. There will be a .xml file, a material file, and image(s). You have to convert the .xml, by using the Xml converter that Hammy said to download. Just drap the .xml onto the Icon or the converter, and it will do it's magic and turn it into a mesh file.

After that, just add them to FH like you would any objects :)

The textures show automatically for me in the FH object maker, so I hope this works for you, Ingredient.

I hope I helped, it took me a little bit of playing around with the settings to get it right :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:08:00 am by Eagleify »
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2012, 02:35:11 am »
Eagleify your mesh is amazing and your instructions are simple and easy to follow.

Unfortunately it didnt work for me. Sometimes i get material files and sometimes i dont. If i do the codes are all muddled up looking, nothing like FH material files. Im guessing this is different for you right?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:09:29 am by Ingredient »