Author Topic: How to make maps in FH map-maker  (Read 12044 times)

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
How to make maps in FH map-maker
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:24:04 pm »
I decided to make an easy-to-follow map-making tutorial. Its not done yet, but I have a decent amount up. Post any questions here, and here you go! sad news, guys. My FH has crashed dad's computer for the second time, and now he won't let me play it. maybe I can get him to give it a third chance, but its not likely... Well have to see how the wind blows. ;(

Feral Heart Map-Making tutorial part 1

Feral Heart Map-Making tutorail part 2

Feral Heart Map-Making tutorial part 3

questions already asked:

How you make the objects and why my height map doesn't work?

I dont know how to make them, but you can download tem from others on the "meshes" section of the forum (FH Creations>FH Addons&Mods>Meshes)

You need to save it in C:FH>Media>Terrains

For the meshes, and new objects, how do you get them to work in your objects section? I put them in the folder "My_Objects". And it doesn't show up.

Thats becuase you need to load the in-game. When you put it in My_Objects, open the game, click on Tools>Object Maker. Then put the EXACT name of the object.mesh if you don't do it exact, it will not load. Just save it in any folder you want, and if you want to be able to stand and walk on it, click the checkbox in the upper right corner.

is there a way to invite multiple people to your map? and how?

Yes, there is. I havent made the tutorial yet, and I know little about it myself, but I'm going to learn and then I will put up the tutorial

Since I load it to my friends, blah blah, the new meshes don't show up. How do I make a new group for these objects?

you need to save it in object-maker on the front tab.

how do I make new groups, beyond MyTrees, MyPlants, etc? Like, I wanna make a group named "Downloads". But how?

Simple  all you do is type in a name in the group box that hasn't been used yet, put in the object as well, and wa-la! you have a new group with one object already in it

I am having trouble figuring out how to unpack and use my downloaded items. Where do they go?

all files go in Feralhear>media>objects>My Objects

I can't seem to access the objects in mapmaker?

you need to save them in object-maker.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:04:29 am by Firespirit »

BlACk WiZard

Re: How to make maps in FH map-maker
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:03:23 am »
How you make the objects and why my height map doesn't work?

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:28:49 am »
I dont know how to make them, but you can download tem from others on the "meshes" section of the forum (FH Creations>FH Addons&Mods>Meshes)

You need to save it in C:FH>Media>Terrains

Offline Scurry18

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Staring over the place I call home..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »
Hmm, I have a question. For the meshes, and new objects, how do you get them to work in your objects section? I put them in the folder "My_Objects". And it doesn't show up.
This account is no longer used- no replies sent to this dead user will be replied to. If anything, please look for the new account xXSoarXx. Thanks! c:

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »
thats becuase you nee to load the in-game. When you put it in My_Objects, open the game, click on Tools>Object Maker. Then put the EXACT name of the object.mesh if you don't do it exact, it will not load. Just save it in any folder you want, and if you want to be able to stand and walk on it, click the checkbox in the upper right corner. :)

Offline MFP07

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I will do my best to help (:
    • View Profile
    • My youtube :D
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »
This is actually very helpful really, i think you might have inspired me to make a map of my own. One question is there a way to invite multiple people to your map? and how? (:

I will remain kind I promise.

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 11:07:01 pm »
Yes, there is. I havent made the tutorial yet, and I know little about it myself, but I'm going to learn and then I will put up the tutporial :) it may be a long time, but that gives you time to finish the map, and for me to finish mine, I plan on it being public :D

Offline Shezkah

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Simply believing it does not make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Feral Heart Portal
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:40 pm »
Thanks, this has been so helpful so far.

Keep it up, myself and others are waiting with baited breath :)
"Man accepts diversity at every level of nature but his own mind. A million emotions; only two hundred words."

Aylett

Offline Scurry18

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Staring over the place I call home..
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »
Mkay, but, I still have a problem. Since I load it to my friends, blah blah, the new meshes don't show up. How do I make a new group for these objects?
This account is no longer used- no replies sent to this dead user will be replied to. If anything, please look for the new account xXSoarXx. Thanks! c:

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:50 pm »
you need to save it in object-maker on the front tab.