Author Topic: Please help! Weird ogre exception I have never seen.  (Read 1850 times)

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
Please help! Weird ogre exception I have never seen.
« on: September 08, 2011, 12:16:52 pm »
Okay so, this time I come with a sad face :(.I have tons of ogre exceptions, one of them is: When I delete the runic ring 2 from my objects it appears ogre exception runic ring 3 and the line continues. When I deleted ALL the meshes I had in my objects it worked. Anyone has a solution please? I don't want to lose the meshes and the map i was working on. Please! Help.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Rimfrost

• ? ? Music for the soul ? ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 167
  • Mew~
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART page
Re: Please help! Weird ogre exception I have never seen.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 12:19:26 pm »
Delete the one with _0 at the end and it should work :3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:46:54 pm by Rimfrost »

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:06:18 pm »
Delete the one with _0 at the end and it should work :3
I already did and it still doesn't work.I searched some threads before posting this one.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:52:48 am »
Bump.

Signature:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:39:36 am »
A fresh install of the game would fix this, but that is if you actually uninstall FH completely as well.

99% of the time, if this ogre error tells you something is wrong with a certain file, it is.

So if it tells you there's already a particle called "RunicRing2" Then you must delete one of them inside the game directory. However, this one mentions it's a particle? Go into the my_objects or particles folder or whatevs and look for 2 similar files there.

If you don't find anything odd, just make backups off all your map folders or preset sturfff you have in the making and reinstall the whole thing(also uninstall otherwise it might not help at all). But if you do this, keep in mind that if you will just paste all custom objects and particles straight into your game folder again after a reinstall, chances you get the same error again will be very high.

But yarr, you shouldn't need to reinstall at all, just delete a particle called RunicRing2 inside the game folder. Though if you did just paste in objects and particles without caring what was there before, more errors like these might come?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:07:18 am »
A fresh install of the game would fix this, but that is if you actually uninstall FH completely as well.

99% of the time, if this ogre error tells you something is wrong with a certain file, it is.

So if it tells you there's already a particle called "RunicRing2" Then you must delete one of them inside the game directory. However, this one mentions it's a particle? Go into the my_objects or particles folder or whatevs and look for 2 similar files there.

If you don't find anything odd, just make backups off all your map folders or preset sturfff you have in the making and reinstall the whole thing(also uninstall otherwise it might not help at all). But if you do this, keep in mind that if you will just paste all custom objects and particles straight into your game folder again after a reinstall, chances you get the same error again will be very high.

But yarr, you shouldn't need to reinstall at all, just delete a particle called RunicRing2 inside the game folder. Though if you did just paste in objects and particles without caring what was there before, more errors like these might come?

I reinstalled and uninstalled the game a lot of times. But I solved the problem by deleting the particles which used to cause the problems and the error is resolved. However, I'm not able to use these particles in FH again, but I'm glad I can play again.
Probably, the files of the particles were corruped. There weren't any _0 files or duplicated items. But after all that, it appeared to be another ogre exception. The renderingAPI one. So, in this case I used to download FH on another local disk and it works now.
Anyways, thank you.

Signature: