Author Topic: Speech bubbles?  (Read 1526 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Speech bubbles?
« on: September 22, 2012, 04:15:27 pm »
I had a thought today, that maybe in the future we could have things like speech bubbles over our characters' heads that show what we're saying in local chat. A similar thing to what's in Impressive World. I think then it might be easier to keep track of what people are saying when a map is particularly busy. Thoughts?

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

SoulRevenge

Re: Speech bubbles?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:16:54 pm »
I don't exactly like this idea much :c. I just think it might cause some lag for some users~, though, it could be helpful- but think of what it'd look like in bonfire O--O Those would be everywhere!

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 04:20:18 pm »
To my amazement, this idea has come up quite a lot.
I do like this idea, and if we were to have it, there should be an option to have it on an off - just like the Lip Sync.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »
This idea has been suggested endless of times, and many do enjoy this idea, remembering it back from Impressive Title as well the majority did in fact find this welcoming and I myself would love to have it in FeralHeart as well for chats as local.

Though there's really just one person who can make this possible which is the game creator KovuLKD himself, not sure what he might think of this idea though or if he wants to make it.

It's a nice idea non the less.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kaimeya_Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • she/her/they/them/he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:59 pm »
If we had speech bubbles instead of chat log, You'd have to be close to the player to see what he/she said.
I come back after about 4 years! Ill probably still be somewhat inactive from time to time, but im here!

Please don't look at my older posts. I swear, i had a really bad "XD" phase. I am so sorry.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:38:13 pm »
If we had speech bubbles instead of chat log, You'd have to be close to the player to see what he/she said.

The same is with local. In IT, I remember the size of the speech bubble changed considering your where-abouts.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:21 am »
This idea was just brought up in the last podcast and honestly I'd be all for it but I definately agree with Zaroque that there would have to be some sort of shut off for it because I would hate to see those chat bubbles all the time and everywhere on a crowded map. The local chat often goes by too fast even when you use the knock out other chats feature. I usually don't like to have to take off general chat to focus on the local chat but since the chats go by so fast I end up doing so. This option could be a sort of back up log of what someone is saying when the chat is too fast like in Bonfire where shutting off general doesn't help much at all with the speed of the chat box.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:29:23 am by LordSuragaha »