Author Topic: Game crashes each time I try to go make my own map...  (Read 2685 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Game crashes each time I try to go make my own map...
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:02:11 pm »
Yet another problem, I finally got the hang of the game and downloaded the most recent version but of course more issues, I wish Feralheart Staff would keep track of this stuff. Anyways issue now is when I try to go create something the game crashes, I have tried uninstalling the game and deleting everything in the files, which only seemed to get it to stop crashing upon opening. This problem was not happening before and I am not sure what else I should do to fix it, I know feralheart is not perfect and was made simply by someone who just liked making games, not a full on company, I also would like to state that I also can not find any other worlds including my own when entering "Cape of Distant Worlds" did I do something wrong while making my world? And why is it crashing and how do I fix it?

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Game crashes each time I try to go make my own map...
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:08:44 pm »
The staff do not have the source code, so unfortunately we cannot do anything to fix the game's stubbornness

If you made your own map, look inside your "particles" folder and delete any and all files ending in _0, _1, etc

As for finding your portal, it may be that the vanilla portal textures are nearly transparent so you may be missing them. Try downloading this:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=58069.0
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:16:45 pm »
The staff do not have the source code, so unfortunately we cannot do anything to fix the game's stubbornness

If you made your own map, look inside your "particles" folder and delete any and all files ending in _0, _1, etc

As for finding your portal, it may be that the vanilla portal textures are nearly transparent so you may be missing them. Try downloading this:

Okay thank you I will give it a try, is there anyway I can provide you guys with the source codes?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:21:16 pm »

Okay thank you I will give it a try, is there anyway I can provide you guys with the source codes?

The source codes are what allows the game creator/head administrator to go into the game's encrypted codes and change them.
Years after FeralHeart started, KovuLKD left FeralHeart and took the source code with him.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:20:25 am »

Yeah I am still not seeing anyone else's map portals in the Cape of Distant Worlds, and I have not yet tried my own world...

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:21:00 am »

The source codes are what allows the game creator/head administrator to go into the game's encrypted codes and change them.
Years after FeralHeart started, KovuLKD left FeralHeart and took the source code with him.

That sucks (-_-)"

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 01:24:06 am »
For other peoples maps, are you putting them in FeralHeart > exports?
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 01:29:11 am »
For other peoples maps, are you putting them in FeralHeart > exports?

no I mean other maps open to the public that people made

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 01:29:41 am »
Your custom maps should be behind the ring and crystall "wall":

Credits to Bawfle for the image.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 01:42:53 am »
Your custom maps should be behind the ring and crystall "wall":

Credits to Bawfle for the image.

Ah okay thank you, when I make another map I will be sure to check, your help was appreciated.