Author Topic: Access Denied!?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Access Denied!?
« on: October 15, 2017, 02:52:12 pm »
Please help, I was chatting with someone and then all of the sudden Feral Heart stopped working and forced me to close it down! Last thing in the run program box of feralheart was "Update PresetSync" and I already did download the presetsync fix, then when I closed it out and tried starting it back up the box kept reading "Access Denied" though FeralHeart seemed to open okay and took me to my sign in screen. The games seems to of started back up normally but I am still concerned about the "access denied" stuff and the random crash...

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Access Denied!?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »
Double-check it installed properly, is really all I can think of. There's always a small chance of the install going awry.

Not overly familiar with presetsync.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:48 pm »
The "Access denied" is rare, but crashes aren't uncommon. Particularly if someone uses non-latin letters.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 02:16:06 am »
Another thing could be a preset that someone is using is actually causing the game to crash..
For future reference, check your Feral - Heart folder and see if there's a badfile.reminder or something like that. It'll basically tell ya what file or files that need to be removed. Once you do that, reboot the game.
But at least the game is working for ya. As stated above, crashes are a pretty common thing for the game. Access Denied is pretty rare so it could be something happening between the server and your connection to it perhaps.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »
Yeah now it is not -Content Removed by Moderator- working at all (-_-)" I am really starting to get pissed at this stupid access denied bull crap, also I looked there is no such thing as a "Badfile.Reminder" files, I wish there was but it is apparently not that easy...How do I fix this I am starting to get mad...

(Update) Screw it I am just going to uninstall the damn thing....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:07:40 pm by Kynvuu »

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:29:24 pm »
Just uninstalled and now I am getting this lovely piece of -Content Removed by Moderator- after reinstalling and trying to start it...

1 dir(s) moved.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
File not found - list.php
The system cannot find the file list.php.
File not found - *
File Not Found
File Not Found
File Not Found
Please Update Your PresetSync

Press any key to continue . . .

And it is not working at all

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:06:50 pm by Kynvuu »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 04:22:37 pm »
Please refrain from using profanities as they are prohibited on the forums.

As for your issue, make sure that you are using the most recent version of the Preset Sync. You can refer to this thread.

When you uninstalled the sync, did you do a clean uninstall, meaning that you removed all components of the FH game? From personal experience, I've found that sometimes certain files and or mods can cause crashing along with the preset sync. I'd recommend you do a complete clean uninstall, meaning that you uninstall both FH and any presets, maps, etc. and virtually anything related to FH (Make sure to make a backup of any important files you want to keep in your game). Then reinstall with the Sync, and add back one by one your backed up files, checking each time to see if you experience crashing. I can't guarantee that this will work but I've found doing a clean uninstall and reinstall limits the amount of duplicate or corrupt files that you may receive.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:02:33 pm »

As for your issue, make sure that you are using the most recent version of the Preset Sync. You can refer to this thread.

When you uninstalled the sync, did you do a clean uninstall, meaning that you removed all components of the FH game? From personal experience, I've found that sometimes certain files and or mods can cause crashing along with the preset sync. I'd recommend you do a complete clean uninstall, meaning that you uninstall both FH and any presets, maps, etc. and virtually anything related to FH (Make sure to make a backup of any important files you want to keep in your game). Then reinstall with the Sync, and add back one by one your backed up files, checking each time to see if you experience crashing. I can't guarantee that this will work but I've found doing a clean uninstall and reinstall limits the amount of duplicate or corrupt files that you may receive.

just delete this thread please...

Also why is swearing allowed in game but not here? I only swore because I was pissed and usually I don't swear. Though that make no sense that people swear all the time in the game and they don't get yelled at for it...But then I, someone who hardly swears gets told not to swear and that it is prohibited...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:04:47 pm by ShadowMT13 »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 07:49:51 pm »

Also why is swearing allowed in game but not here? I only swore because I was pissed and usually I don't swear. Though that make no sense that people swear all the time in the game and they don't get yelled at for it...But then I, someone who hardly swears gets told not to swear and that it is prohibited...

Swearing is not allowed anywhere, neither on the forums or the game. If you see someone swearing in the game, please report it to a moderator

We are trying to help you, so please don't get frustrated<3 Things will work out, but if you really want this thread to be deleted, I will do so for you

Anyways, for the clean installation, make sure you not only delete any files/folders that are related to FH, but also go into your computer's "uninstall a program" app and ensure that FH and the sync are both uninstalled from there. Delete any FH setups as well
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 02:04:54 am »

Swearing is not allowed anywhere, neither on the forums or the game. If you see someone swearing in the game, please report it to a moderator

We are trying to help you, so please don't get frustrated<3 Things will work out, but if you really want this thread to be deleted, I will do so for you

Anyways, for the clean installation, make sure you not only delete any files/folders that are related to FH, but also go into your computer's "uninstall a program" app and ensure that FH and the sync are both uninstalled from there. Delete any FH setups as well

Yes I would like you to delete this thread please, also sorry for all the Fs, I do not usually drop the f bomb like this, I was just really pissed and more than a bit frustrated... Though I do recommend you guys look into this weird issue I was having, after factory resetting my computer it was working fine and I can play FH now. If you need any further information regarding this issues to look into it incase other people end up having this, I will be happy to provide what I can on my issue I was having.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:06:53 am by ShadowMT13 »