Author Topic: Friend cannot activate account.  (Read 2601 times)

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Friend cannot activate account.
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »
This seems highly unfair, but I'll tell her to give it a shot. Thank you.

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 04:09:43 pm »
According to the "!! Information Regarding Registration !!" topic, it states to "feel free to send an email to [email protected] USING the email that you registered your account with on this site. If done correctly it will activate it for you(This is an automated system and will not "make" accounts for you, just activate already made ones)."

Nowhere does it state that one needs to activate it when registration is open. Can't the admins or mods just activate her account?

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:04 pm »
I'm not entirely sure. You may want to PM a staff member just to be safe, and try to contact that email to activate the account.

Again, good luck to you and your friend!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 04:19:41 pm »
Thanks friend, I messaged MorbidDecadence about it. Not sure if it's the right mod but we'll find out xD

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 04:23:45 pm »
Can your friend log into the forum, just not the game, or is she unable to access the website, as well?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 04:43:26 pm »
Can't log into game or forum.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 05:15:56 pm »
If she is unable to log into her forum account, her forum account was most likely not made. If her forum account was not made, it's quite likely that her game account was also not created, if I do believe so. As was said before, the e-mail that you can request for a new confirmation e-mail only activates created accounts. If neither her forum or game account was created, this might not be the way to solve her problem. Unfortunately, if this is the case, the username will have to be re-made by creating a new account; Be sure that she activates her account (by clicking on the link sent to that e-mail) while the Registration is open. Good luck to your friend!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:59:04 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 05:40:35 pm »
I'm sorry but this makes little sense to me. If she is able to use her username only to have it say her account needs to be activated wouldn't that mean that her account was already created? This makes the registration system seem rather broken in a sense.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 05:47:58 pm »
The registration system can seem a little confusing at first, but get this, you only have to deal with it one time!

As stated before, she needs to click on the activation link when registration is open.

Think of it this way.

Have you ever seen the movie Kung Fu Panda? You know the part where Po wants to enter the area to watch his kung fu idols do their thing? He heard about it. He was on time to the event. But since he took too long climbing up those stairs (or clicking the activation link, in this case), the gates were closed when he reached the top, so he couldn't get in. In the same way, you have to activate the account before the 'gates' close.

I'd advise doing what Nynx said.

If she is unable to log into her forum account, her forum account was most likely not made. If her forum account was not made, it's quite likely that her game account was also not created, if I do believe so. As was said before, the e-mail that you can request for a new confirmation e-mail only activates created accounts. If neither her forum or game account was created, this might not be the way to solve her problem. Unfortunately, if this is the case, the username will have to be re-made by I creating a new account; Be sure that she activates her account (by clicking on the link sent to that e-mail) while the Registration is open. Good luck to your friend!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:49:38 pm by .Edolicious. »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline wanderer95

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 06:19:36 pm »
While both of us are dissatisfied with the only option of waiting an unknown amount of time rather than simply activating her account I guess there's nothing else to be said here. Thank you.

I would also like to recommend that the automatic reply of [email protected] be changed to avoid confusion.