Author Topic: Username Change Not Working?  (Read 4833 times)

Offline blackout bloody

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Username Change Not Working?
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:22:26 am »
Every time I attempt to log into the page you need to have open for the game to log in correctly, I get the message underneath the log in box that reads "Your Username contains symbols known to cause issues with Feral Heart." & Then it links me to a page where I can change my username. I have read that it states that if you use this function and cannot get into the game to email [email protected], This is not the issue though.
I type in the username I wish to have (it's not taken), Type in the password to my account, And click "Change". The page reloads and my old username and password are typed in again and nothing looks different/nothing has happened.

Has anyone else had this issue? (Is it something with my laptop?) Does anyone know why it is doing this and if there is another way to change my username? Due to the issue of not letting me log onto the page I need to have open, I cannot get into the game.

If I can't change my username, That's okay; I am just hoping for a solution on how to get into the game.
I have reset all my character's home, Hoping that would help the issue somehow, As well.

If this question has been asked and discussed/solved before, Apologies! I was clueless as where to search for a solution. ^^'

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Username Change Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:27:13 pm »
Try accessing the Username Change page through the user panel instead! You can do this by typing up feral-heart.com into your browser bar and looking to the top right.

After you've done this and logged in, scroll down to where it says Change Username. Make sure of the following when creating a new username!
  • It is not longer than 16 characters, spaces count as characters!
  • It contains no strange symbols, such as ! @ # $ % ~, etc. Periods seems to be an exception.

You are amazing <3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 03:38:20 pm »
May I ask what the username you wanted to change to was?
There could be certain symbols or such in it that the User Panel doesn't allow if it is since it has troubles with certain ones c:

<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline blackout bloody

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:00:10 am »
May I ask what the username you wanted to change to was?
There could be certain symbols or such in it that the User Panel doesn't allow if it is since it has troubles with certain ones c:

<3

I was wishing to change it to RegionalAtBest, Is this username fine?
Thank you for responding! <3

Offline blackout bloody

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:34:05 am »
Try accessing the Username Change page through the user panel instead! You can do this by typing up feral-heart.com into your browser bar and looking to the top right.

After you've done this and logged in, scroll down to where it says Change Username. Make sure of the following when creating a new username!
  • It is not longer than 16 characters, spaces count as characters!
  • It contains no strange symbols, such as ! @ # $ % ~, etc. Periods seems to be an exception.

Thank you for suggesting an alternative, Although this is not working for me either. I know it is against the rules / not encouraged to have more than one account but I have made another one ( @tylerrjoseph ), As an alternative of getting into the game.
I can delete that account if it is an issue, I have nothing important on there.

I have both this username and my 2nd account's username and password saved onto this website, (When you go to log in, It has it automatically typed in; Both username and password. I have this for both.)

As I type in the username I wish to have (Changing my username doesn't change the in-game username, Correct?) and click 'Change', It goes back to what I was referring to before, Except this time, My 'tylerrjoseph' username and password are already typed in, And nothing else looks changed / different again. & At one point, It told me that this username was taken. (Which I know because it is my 2nd account, Haha.)

I'm not sure what else to do, I have friends and characters on that account I do not wish to lose. I have not been on the game in a long time, If that is important information. Is there a staff member that could change my username for me? Or help me out any further? Maybe an email I could contact?

Thank you for replying! <3 I appreciate the suggestion.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 04:13:46 am »
A second account is ok, and changing your username changes it both on the forums and inside the game

Try emailing [email protected] with the email that is connected to your account and be sure to include both your old and new username, as it may help you if you haven't already tried
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Jazzie70380

• Curious Wanderer
  • Nominee of mythical world
    • True-Jazzie70380
    • Jazzie Clarke/Frenzy'sQuest 2.0
    • Cbear_Tho
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:12 pm »
Yea, I'm dealing with  the same problem..
Best of times are coming to us all eventually or already has~

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:04 pm »
Jazzie I suggest making a new thread for your seperate problem?
I would try PM'ing a staff member, as they can do more for you if you haven't tried any of the above steps. c:

not active here anymore ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 12:19:54 am »
I type in the username I wish to have (it's not taken), Type in the password to my account, And click "Change". The page reloads and my old username and password are typed in again and nothing looks different/nothing has happened.

With the browsers today (example; firefox), it is likely that you have saved your username and password details. Whenever firefox (and some other browsers) detect a login or account information field, your browser usually asks if you'd like to save the information. For example, if you have done this on the login/connection page, it is likely to happen elsewhere, where your username has been used I suppose. Thus your old username and password reappearing in the change box. I do believe this could be the issue, and that your username changed perfectly fine. If it's still not working, I suggest just e-mailing [email protected] with the contents; [current username] change to [username you want]. Obviously e-mailing from the e-mail you used to register that account with.

Jazzie I suggest making a new thread for your seperate problem?
I would try PM'ing a staff member, as they can do more for you if you haven't tried any of the above steps. c:

As Jazzie is having the same problem, it is fine for them to respond on this thread and keep tabs on it, as the issue blackout bloody is having has not been resolved yet. In which case, users would be providing solutions/answers to both users at the same time as they have the same issue. If blackout bloody's issue was resolved, and Jazzie were to have made their comment after, then it would be more appropriate to suggest they create their own thread as fixing two different issues in one thread would be problematic for those who use the help boards for solution archives. It would also be more appropriate to ask this of them if they later on decided that this was no longer their issue, and their issue is more irrelative.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:31:29 am by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Emofoxgaming

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • Echo Da Masta
    • @echodamasta
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 08:38:15 am »
This is just me taking a wild guess, but maybe its the caps in the middle of your username? perhapschange it and if you cant access it anyway possible afterwords feel free to contact [email protected] from the email. Thanks for reading hope this helps!