Author Topic: New Character Bio Words/Trends?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
New Character Bio Words/Trends?
« on: March 17, 2015, 02:37:52 am »
It seems like there's a new trend going on in character biographies. Lately I've been noticing the word "molly" being used for "female" in people's character bios. Has "molly" become the new "fae"? Where did this molly word come from and why are people using it to substitute for "female"? Is it a new bio trend or a wolfspeak word? I'm just curious.
I've also noticed that more and more character bios list their characters as being "pansexual" or "omnisexual". I had to look up the terms on urban dictionary to see what they meant.

Have you noticed this, or seen any other new character biography trends? I'm curious.
Inactive

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: New Character Bio Words/Trends?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 03:26:25 am »
Molly is actually a nickname for ecstasy. Lol
Pansexual is an attraction to all genders, including non-binary people. Omnisexual is pretty much the same thing.

Idk, a lot of people want to act like the "better", "more literate" roleplayer but in reality they look like morons tbh.
Players are expanding to other sexualities too. A real wolf can't be bi or pan due to it not being mentally developed enough but this game isn't realistic enough and very customizable so players think outside the box and add human traits to their character.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:48:43 am »
These have been around for a while.

Honestly, some of them are rather... Odd.

And some are in Latin.

It's a trend that will live for a while, too tired to really go in depth with it's reasonings.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline .Sasha.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • in a relationship with 50 non existent characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:17:33 am »
Hmm. Well i still use male and female, always used that. Only seen a view people making up nicer words for age ,for example 'clock ticks since' and all this stuff. It makes in my opinion a bio more fun to read, like a little story.~
In-game; .Sasha.
Yes hello this the dad of FH. Mostly seen at The Grounds.

Offline Hylocereus

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ROR I'M A FELINE WALRUS
    • View Profile
    • Renascentia
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:21:45 am »
If I was reading a book and it started saying pish like "The fae's clock ticked at 17 years, her string entangled with a brute for nine moons" I would burst out laughing and put it down.

I mean, to each their own. I personally find it incredibly pretentious. If you have to make up words to give your bio/post some flavor, there's something wrong.

I think everyone goes through a phase of using words like that, but generally people eventually realise how silly they sound.

Speaking of new bio trends, I've seen a lot of people using gauges to signify "mental health", usually like 40%. What is that even supposed to mean? It's even better when it's a completely ordinary character with no discernible defects, issues or illnesses. Most of the time it seems to be code for "my character is dark, edgy and kind of a diva".
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:28:10 am by Hylocereus »

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:14:51 am »
A lot of people are now becoming more experimental with sexualities, whICH IS GREAT and I absolutely love it.

New trends that I've seen are the mental health and physical health.
I like the idea, but I've seen some with the Mental Health: 0% for those insane, edgy characters.

And making their bios shorter? Idk, I'm one to do this and I've seen a few others do it.
Just only putting their name, gender, breed, age and sexuality into the bio.
I dunno if you can call it a trend... but eh.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 11:18:54 am »
I think a molly is another word for a female housecat, so that could explain why maybe others started to adopt these things. The point becomes a bit moot when you're calling a female wolf a molly, though.

Ultimately they're trying to be creative and unique, but the results are a bit.. Well, mixed, to put it diplomatically.

I've seen a lot of people using gauges to signify "mental health", usually like 40%. What is that even supposed to mean? It's even better when it's a completely ordinary character with no discernible defects, issues or illnesses. Most of the time it seems to be code for "my character is dark, edgy and kind of a diva".
-Hylocereus
I have noticed this one, as well. I kind of like the idea of health gauges in your bio (I don't think I'd do it much, myself, but I get the concept), but I think it does become less effective if you don't make any reference to it in your RP, or become suddenly much healthier and mentally more resilient in the face of a challenge or something. This also goes toward roleplay experience, though, so it's hard to expect everyone to be able to portray their character's weaknesses accurately. Thus, the "edge-master" perception.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

wolfdog01

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 11:27:38 am »
I haven't seen the molly yet. As for the whole sexuallities, I am super stoaked about it! I think it adds a tad bit more realisim and personallity. I've also started seeing a lot of females with mohawks o3o pretty cool. As for what bonbon said, I too like it when people put that kind of stuff. I wouldn't do it though, but it is neat.

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »
Well, in general it doesn't bother me all that much, since I've seen quite a lot of clocks ticking since -insert age here- in bios, but I am glad that people are opening up to more sexualities, it'll make for much more diverse characters.

I've also noticed a lot of "femora" genders and I've been confused as to why people would compare their genitals to bones, but then it hit me... it was suppose to mean female.

I haven't seen molly yet, but I always thought it was another name for ecstasy, people in my high school used to call it that.

The health gauges are something on which I'm neutral, as well as the percent of how good you are at speed/strength/agility, etc.
They help identify a character's pros and cons, but it doesn't make any sense if you're at 93% mental health and 12% physical health and you keep picking fights. No wolf in their right mind would do that.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 07:05:58 pm »
Yeah, I've noticed a few bio trends as well...
For example, I see so many people who just pack every single possible detail about their character into a huge paragraph... no line skipping or even noticeable spaces between sections. This may be just for a complex character with a lot of roleplay info, but a few people seem to overdo it a bit. There also appears to be a rise in "wolfspeak" terms, as well as fancy complicated words.
Information also seems to be more literarily organized (if that makes sense). For instance, instead of just typing:
Name: Colonel Henry IV
And instead is written like:
He bares the name of Henry, passed down from a long line of the alias, as to take the rank of Colonel.
Or something like that. It might just be preference, but it seems to be a lot more popular now.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya