Author Topic: What Are Your Thoughts on Nursing?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
What Are Your Thoughts on Nursing?
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:25:08 am »

No, not that kind of nursing

That kind of nursing

There have been only a few times I've seen people in roleplays act out a mother nursing her young. Like Warrior she-cat queens nursing her kittens, or one time a wolf nursing her young pups. I think it's no big deal, because it happens in real life. However, I've seen some people express how they think it's disturbing that people would roleplay a scene of a mother animal nursing her young. For example, the other day I was on my unicorn character and my friend was on playing the role of her little foal. The foal would sometimes go up to her mother to nurse for a bit. Then someone was like, "Eww that's gross!" I was like, "What? Do you mean the foal nursing?" and they replied, "Yes. Why would you let the foal nurse from you? Thats nasty to watch." They started scolding us like we were being offensive and breaking rules. The other roleplayers around us thought nothing of it. In fact, some were saying that it's a natural thing to happen between a mare and her foal, as well as other mammals.
I've seen another situation happen when there were these jaguar roleplayers. The mother jaguar was nursing her two cubs, and someone called them out saying they were being inappropriate. I didn't think the jaguar roleplayers were doing anything wrong, but a couple of people did. They weren't roleplaying in a vulgar way, not that I thought. But I guess it depends on other people's views.

I do know that nursing a baby in public has become a controversial topic in America. Some people think nothing of it, while others think it's offensive and sexual. Has this kind of mentality spread to Feral Heart as well?

What are your thoughts on roleplay nursing? Does it bother you, or do you not really care?

Inactive

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: What Are Your Thoughts on Nursing?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 05:44:43 am »
I personally see no issue with this, it is a natural thing and in no way is it disturbing? I'm sure everyone has at one point seen their dog nursing her puppies or their cat nursing her kittens are they going to tell their dog/cat that its disturbing?something like this everyone has seen at one point or another in the real world it is not in my eyes inappropriate I say let them do it unless it's going over board with graphic details then I could understand not wanting to see it however that is why the block button is there. I am sure other staff might have a different view on this but to me nope! I find this fine if it's being kept appropriate for the age groups that play this game.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:32:38 pm »
I think nursing is a beautiful thing. It shows that a mother is actually caring of her child and wants them, as well as their species, to live. Although I have not seen this in game yet, if I do I will be sure to say something lol I didn't people found it gross, they should be wanting to rp that as well, because it IS a natural thing of life, and if those people who complain about realisim, then they need to rp nursing if that's the case, they need to rp every detail of their species.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:44:24 pm »
Confession time: I've rolelplayed nursing before.

It's a natural thing to happen for animals, and, honestly, is not sexual in any way shape or form.
To me, at any rate.

It helps add to the bond of the mother and her offspring, plus it's the only way the younger babies can get food.
I'd rather them nurse than them starve.

But yes, I have nothing against this.
I am all for it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

DreamerDay

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 01:16:26 pm »
Lets think about it. Define Nursing. Think about it and shout it out. :)

Definition for Nursing, to me, is willing to show you care about your baby unlike some people. You hold possession and warmth. Like most mothers, you are even protecting. When I look at it I find it such a adorable thing to look, even when the pups (or any animal) whine and playfully climb over each other to get the first suck. Not only, but you able to get a chance to watch Nature and her stunning ways.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:31:32 pm by DelightfulRevenge »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 01:42:37 pm »
I see nothing wrong with nursing in roleplay or any aspect. Given that this game is about canines & felines which are mammals nursing should be a regular thing as it is what mammals do to nourish their offspring. While nursing is an extremely personal thing it's not the kind of personal you get from sexual things especially when it is between a mother and her young. I will admit to playing both mother & offspring durin roleplay nursing and sometimes it can be awkward to roleplay it out with a person. I don't think the awkwardness comes from feeling bad about nursing but rather what others will think when you do it since many people easily corrupt that sort of behavior. I guess some things come with maturity? Nursing is a beautiful time between a mother and her young to grow closer to each other. Without nursing young mammals would'nt survive. Nursing is what allows pups, kits, and cubs to grow stronger.

Perhaps the stigma against nursing also comes from users who like to rush through their characters growth instead of taking it easily and developing them.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 03:57:26 pm »
I'd say the topic of nursing was an issue to that individual because of it being controversial in America (assuming they're an American user, of course, though this may not be the case).

I personally think nothing of it, and I think it's a precious (and necessary) thing if you're roleplaying mammals, who do in fact nurse their young. There's nothing sexual about it, and just part of a mother and offspring's existence for a time in their development.

This user probably had an upbringing that made them frown upon such an action, though I've never quite seen someone get in a tizzy over it with an animal game. o:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 06:25:46 pm »
I see absolutely no problem with rping nursing. If anything, it adds realism. Just ignore the people 'disturbed' by it. If they don't like it, they can always block. It sounds harsh, but those rping such a harmless situation won't have to be affected by people like that.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 06:47:05 pm »
That person sounds like they've been sheltered from the real world by their parents for too long tbh. Nursing is a unique, natural, beautiful thing for mammals and it's not at all inappropriate. It's how a mother feeds their young when they can't eat meat yet, so it's very important for the growth of the baby too. We're mammals ourselves. Almost hairless, two legged, severely intelligent mammals. Everyone should understand it and accept it.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 12:44:14 pm »
Personally, I find nothing wrong with nursing... I mean, if you really want a realistic roleplay, the kids gotta eat, right?
It's really just nature, and I'm really not bothered by it unless it's really descriptive in which it may be a bit awkward. But, yeah, I've played several mother characters, and I've always made sure to include this.

However, I can see why this would disturb some. Especially where I live, censorship is a big deal. And, well, nursing seems to be a bit... off. But it's not like they're humans.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya