Author Topic: I'm Curious About This  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
I'm Curious About This
« on: October 16, 2015, 11:15:28 pm »
Lately I've been seeing new trends going when it comes to people writing about their character in the bios. One trend I've seen people doing is adding some questionable detail in their bio. Some people are putting stats and information like:
"Sexually Active: [X]" ([X] meaning "Yes")
"Mated: (7 times, 3 times forced)"
"Raped: (4 times)"

I have wondered if that type of information in a character biography is necessary, or even appropriate for Feral Heart. Does it break Feral Heart rules, or no? I'm just curious.  :-\
What do you think about this?

Inactive

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: I'm Curious About This
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 11:44:48 pm »
Huh? o_o I haven't read any kind of bio like this before! But if I find a several bios like this, I'm seriously gonna report to a Moderator, but also to discuss it with the moderator I'm reporting it to.

Well so,
In my opinion I find this very naughty and unacceptable. I think it's against the rules. If it's not, I defenitely think it should be!

Thank you for creating this topic, I like the subject and the discussion there can happen about it.
(+ Floof c:)

P.S: If any staff member brings a visit to this discussion thread I'm sure you can get the good and detailed answer. ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:47:52 pm by ?Ellen? »
doing what i feel like

Offline Bzuja

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:27:47 am »
I do believe, based on the Rules posts, there is this post:
Keep It To Appropriate Usernames/Character Names
A username is something that will work as your unique identity inside the game and on the site at all times, and we expect everyone to keep appropriate usernames for the game and site. If someone's username is found to be inappropriate, offensive, or abusive in any way, you may be warned, or in some cases even have your account removed and/or banned without warnings. The same rules apply for character names within the game. If you are found with a lewd or offensive character name, you may be kicked/banned on sight depending on the name, itself.

I thoroughly believe, we can extrapolate that this rule/ruling can extend to the biographies, as well as the posts (even private) between members and users of this forum, this program, and this community.
Therefore, based on the context and content you have provided/shown, that person would very much be breaking these rules and should/would face consequence, via moderation or administration.
I believe you did make this topic in the spirit of improving the game/concerns within the game, and as such think a moderator should give insight, as I personally will not post further comment until then.
I see the world and the world sees me; woe is me, see.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 01:16:41 am »
The forced part I know for a fact is indeed report and possibly ban worthy, it just depends on how graphic it is. Whenever I see this I usually whisper them and kindly ask them to take it out of their bios. Usually people will happily oblige because they for some reason didn't realize, "oh, this could be upsetting people." or they didn't realize that sexual content wasn't allowed on a game mostly revolving around kids pretending to be animals. It's really pathetic, in my opinion. Pathetic and disgusting. I'd really wish everyone would just stop putting it in their bios like it's some sort of trend.

in-game: hooli

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 02:15:45 am »
While we can't exactly prevent someone from putting certain details in their character's bio, anything associated with rape itself in the chat, character bios, or the forum is not allowed. If you see something like this, involving the mention of rape, you are welcome to send in a screenshot of this. While some details are not necessarily report-worthy, although they may seem bothersome, some things we simply do not want to see in the game. All cases involving inappropriate material in a character bio are not the same, and the level of graphicness and descriptiveness plays a key part in this. Some bios may give the impression of something rather looked down upon, while others are very forward and descriptive. If you're not sure whether something should or shouldn't be brought to Staff, it is always safe to go ahead and screenshot.

I believe this has been thoroughly explained, so I will go ahead and lock this. Although I understand your concern, the subject of rape and other serious issues should be brought to Staff, if seen as an issue, rather than discussed freely among the community. Not only is not the most friendly of topics, but the topic of discussion itself could be a sensitive subject to some, be misread, or lead to an off-topic discussion. You've made some good points here, but I think it would be safe to lock this here.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.