Author Topic: Color Description in Name. Is This Necessary?  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Color Description in Name. Is This Necessary?
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:15:04 pm »
I've seen a few characters out in FH with character names like "Toni WhiteWolf" or "Lacy SilverFox", "Lisa Pink Lion", "snow white tiger". Those are just examples. Is it really necessary to put your character's color in your character name? I think not. I mean, it's kind of obvious your tiger is white, or a white lion, or a black wolf, or a creme stallion, why feel the need to take up space in your character name to point out a fairly obvious trait? What's the point of that? I'm just curious.
Do you think it's necessary?
Inactive

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: Color Description in Name. Is This Necessary?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:24 pm »
Some people believe the white tiger is an entire separate species, other than discoloration and whatnot. They may view the 'color description' as a different species of wolf, fox, etc. if that makes any sense.

Or, they may put it there to make their character to seem more ominous or mysterious. For instance, the "___ White Wolf" sounds a little more mysterious than" ____ Wolf"

In the situation where it's just used to describe the color of the character, no, I don't think it's necessary.

I guess it's all up to the character's creator in the end.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Preach

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:40:38 am »
To be honest, I don't know why the color needs to be added. I mean, your character is not a preset and is in fact view for publoc, but I still don't understand. Maybe they feel it's useful or helpful? Maybe they're the users who looking for mates and seem to be interested for that specific color? I don't know...hard to understand. I believe they do it for fun.

To me, I find unnecessary. I mean, this is why KovuLD made character bios, right? Great topic nevertheless.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:58:13 am »
To be completely honest, colors and genders should just be put in your biography if you really want people to know.

It being in your name tag just takes up space, and gets in the way. Well that's how I see it. If ye roleplay your character, others will know your gender from there, and your biography if you put it in there.

You color of your character is there either way, on your character. So it makes no sense to really put it in your name tag. But I guess people like it like that.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Teakat

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 03:08:10 am »
I always wondered why this happened!
I like to think that, like .Edolicious. stated, that people just want their characters to seem 'mysterious.' I do think it's a bit odd, considering that KovuLKD did have the thought to implement bios into the game. Who knows, haha. Perhaps they just want to make sure everyone sees what their character is; sometimes people don't always read bios.

The world will never know.  ::)

www.teakatty.deviantart.com
Username in game: Teakat

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:17:19 am »
  To be honest I don't really mind that. I think they're just trying to specify what exactly species they are other than just a tiger.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »
I don't see a point in the colour; however what I do see sometimes necessary is the species. Not the gender, the colour, just the species itself. Yet, I guess sometimes people put it in the generally to be specific, and might not understand the whole concept of people using F3 or even a biography?

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »
because people like to be redundant maybe?

maybe they want to let colorblind people know what their color is?

the world may never know.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 11:12:16 pm »
Uhh, I don't see people doing this very often. Actually, I can't think of any time I heard someone call themselves "Lily SilverWolf" or whatever. I dunno, maybe its just a coincidence.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 04:20:56 am »
A couple floofs mentioned this above-- some may consider the colors to determine the species of creature, so it's understandable if they want to include that info in their character name. Personally, I don't really mind if people like to add their characters' colors to the character name descriptions.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.