Author Topic: Cannibalistic Groups  (Read 6116 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Cannibalistic Groups
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:07:51 am »
What are your thoughts on cannibalistic roleplay groups? What are your thoughts on those packs, prides, or clans thats purpose and story is based around eating animals of their own species?
Inactive

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibalistic Groups
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:13:17 am »
To tell you the truth? Nah. I don't like it at all, and I'm not too excited with the fact these are gaining popularity.

Groups that just center their whole thing (be it religion or just hobby for the members of that group) on eating their own species just...well to put it simply....it creeps me out. I honestly don't see the joy in rping that sort of stuff. I call it being edgy tbh.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:14:32 am »
Three words:

It's Too Mainstream

Vespian doesn't like. Vespian is out. I'm going to be over there.
gone

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:39:50 am »
One word only... YIKES!

I understand that there might be some ppl out there that like roleplaying this way but I'm not one of them.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:57:54 am »
I'm not too keen on a group that is ONLY centered around cannibalism. I think it's interesting as more of a 'side thing', something that might be present in the culture of the characters and happen occasionally, but not just a group that goes around killing and eating people 24/7 for the lulz.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:12:59 am »
These are still around? I remember these were huge years ago. Not a huge fan, personally. I mean, people can roleplay what they want, especially since evil characters are so popular, but I feel as though cannibalism is a bit... much, in my opinion.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 01:41:44 am »
I'm not too keen on a group that is ONLY centered around cannibalism. I think it's interesting as more of a 'side thing', something that might be present in the culture of the characters and happen occasionally, but not just a group that goes around killing and eating people 24/7 for the lulz.
My thoughts, as well. ^^

I don't have a detestation of roleplays with cannibalism in and of itself, but I've seen some pretty nasty and gruesome things that can come out of those types of roleplays, which can be off-putting. A roleplay centered around self-destruction in a grotesque and morbid way can be unsettling for many, and it's understandable to want to avoid that kind of material when deciding upon a group to roleplay with. The level of explicitness and description would determine how far away I'd walk from it. It's one thing to roleplay, "kills packmate and eats them" and another to devote passages of gory description in attempt to make it sound as disturbing and uninviting as possible-- both could be considered "cannibalistic," but there's a difference. As long as everyone's getting along well with it and everyone is comfortable with it, though, the boats float where they may.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline galaxy-drifter

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ahhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 02:17:46 am »
I actually disagree with a lot of people here, haha. I only have a couple characters who are cannibals, with the main reason behind their dietary habits being that someone who likes like you is easy prey. They aren't, however, in any cannibalistic groups with the main reason being that i feel like it'd water down their character. so, i enjoy a cannibal here or there, but the groups that go running about nonstop in search of prey tends to get old.

MoonwalkingZear

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 06:20:19 am »
I'm unsure how this became a fad here however here's my thoughts on these guys. First of all I have a few characters that are a little bloodthirsty and some that enjoy the suffering of others(Yay schadenfreude!) but not like 'devour your own species' kinda deal. These groups were probably started by minors trying to jump on a bandwagon, and boy haven't we all jumped on one.

I never crossed paths with any of these groups or even a character who happens to be cannibalistic besides a few Creepypastas, and I do not wish to join such groups. I appreciate if they keep their visceral roleplay in private chat at all times because compared to how violent my roleplay can get, theirs may cross the line however. So when in doubt, roleplay in private, or use a different platform to roleplay with another person.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 12:10:52 pm »
I'm gonna make this short and simple:
Groups that revolve around the whole idea/concept of cannibalism is a huge no-go for me and although I have never encountered these type of people, I frankly hope I don't.
When it comes to roleplaying violence, there's a line and they are far in on other side.