Author Topic: RP Ideas are Falling?  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
Re: RP Ideas are Falling?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 07:07:45 pm »
I completely agree with you, person-above-me.
I have made a dragon RP (link to the forum post in my siggy) and started to recruit.

First Day:
3 Members
Second Day:
About 5-7 members.
Third Day:
Fourth Day:

Most RP's get noticed, but then no one joins them.
Mainly because (this literally just happened):
People will see a unique group's getting noticed, and make their own of the same species.
Was recruiting today.
Noticed that the flow of members was very small.
Pay attention to local, and what do you know?
There's another dragon RP nearby, sucking in all the members because 'They look cooler'.

Another reason unique RP's don't get members is because they don't look big or active.
I let my members stay in the map when I recruit.
So I get up-showed by TWR, RotF, ect because I don't LOOK big.
-Flail- People suck.
Trans, gay, and ready to play

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »
I saw some one who created a Lotr: The Hobbit RolePlay Group, and no one was joining.  Poor Dear.

And it seems as if Sci-Fi Has gone to the grave of Forgotten Roleplays Sadly.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 05:28:34 pm »
No, not at all. Role-play ideas come and go but there never is quite the same role-play story. Yes sometimes role-plays don't have a background story to make it more interesting but there are plenty others which have a great setting, background story and ideas to make it easier for members to sign up.

I find mixed role-plays very fun especially if you can choose to be a unique animal or creature not just a chosen specie through out the RP. I create role-plays from time to time (not on feral heart though) and I do it so that you can be a variety of animals not just one specie which everyone must abide to.

The setting, itself should be quite realistic yet interesting like an abandoned forest which lost the beam of life or maybe a destroyed city which isn't quite forgotten.

As for the characters, well firstly they must have a unique feel to them. No one should feel as if they must have a similar creature as another Role-player.

I do think sometimes people don't give enough thought into their role-plays causing the fall or dramatic inactivity to take place. If people make it more fun and well... exciting then it could improve the member's thoughts and remind them why they joined in the first place.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
Well, this is an interesting topic. I'd like to consider myself very experienced with this type of thing. As said above, there are unique RPs, they just don't last. Not many RPs that I know of seem to last in general. People take up the big responsibility of making a RP without knowing what they have to do. It isn't easy. After joining a RP they like, people decide that they want to do things their way and make an awesome RP, but let me repeat and stress the most important thing here, it isn't easy. You have to prepare everything and a good plot is crucial. Even a good map helps.
I, myself, have my own fantasy RP that has been running for one year. I took four months total to prepare for it and I gathered a team of people to help devise ideas. Then, I advertised for the entire week, and people became interested in the plot and everything just went into place.
I found it very effective when I made people feel special. You know, before I go off topic here, I must say that according for a new RP idea to work, the plot and the people need to work together. That is a rare situation and so...great RPs are uncommon.