Author Topic: Presets on the Server?  (Read 72244 times)

Gucci

Re: Presets on the Server?
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 09:07:08 pm »
Yeah. I don't really think that I would need other people's presets. I mean, I'm just happy that the game is free. Otherwise.. I would be like, devastated.. and does anyone know when the servers will be up..?

OkamiAmaterasu1

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 09:12:15 pm »
Like i said. I just want to play, I could care less if my look were fancy or not. i just want to know what it is like to play. never got to play impressive title, and i was disappointed that the server was already down before i got a chance to play FH. what if they made the presets or what ever that are not available from the beginning something like a reward as you play the game. kind of like new armor when you level up in other games.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:18:42 pm by OkamiAmaterasu1 »

Shiro

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 09:17:20 pm »
No and I know I'm greatful for the game and I'd like to play :/
the presets are just something that kinda make FH special though. I could run off and ditch FH all together but the customization is half of everything that keeps me here. It's the staffs choice. Take what they offer. I know if I let people have them I'd appreciate ways to improve it and I'd dislike people claiming they don't need or want them it's a feature the staff is likely putting alot of effort into. I mean I wanna see others because they put hard work into it and it's nice to show off something you can be proud of such as a character design or texture, it makes you feel good.
I'm glad the game is free and that they don't have to make it that way but they do. Now if the presets are causeing server issues I think it's a good idea to help the staff make and use ideas to improve it.

But hey. This is what I think and I'm not willing to take it any further.

Offline JackFrost

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • The strangers are simply the misinterpreted morals
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 09:19:28 pm »
I'm glad that the game itself is free too. Besides, in about every online game you find they have to have some way of making money, this seems like the most reasonable way. The presets don't even seem as expensive as one would think for all the trouble it is, so I think this is a fair deal. Dunno if I'll get a preset - maybe, maybe not - but there are many markings in-game that satisfy me greatly. :3
I agree with Shiro, too.

They added loads of customization to at least satisfy some of our creative needs, which I'm highly grateful for. <3

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:27 pm »
I happily support paying for presets in game! Its nicer to pay for it and keep FH alive, then let it die because people are selfish and not willing to pay like two dollar for it. I do understand every one, but I know this might have been asked, but what to they look like if you haven't payed for it and are running around with it?

Please don;t argue with me, I'm young but have a good knowledge of  gaming/server/computer stuff.

Offline JackFrost

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • The strangers are simply the misinterpreted morals
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Account
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »
No arguing here, I totally agree.

At least they're not charging us $20 for a preset. What if we could all throw our presets in willynilly? Then the whole marking characterization they worked so hard on would go to waste! :c

Lovecat

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:14 pm »
Ok

Offline kvcole

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I eat chu :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 10:04:06 pm »
Thanks for posting this. I was reading the preset tutorial in the handbook and following the steps, but when it said 'You will see 4 folders" I was like, "WTF I see 10!" Thanks for this clarification! I thought my computer was messed or something.
But could you guys at least add a "How to send the presets to your friends" section or something in the handbook?
Or at least post a tutoiral somewhere in the preset section on the fourm. Because it would really help the poeple who've never created and posted a download before.

~Kennedi
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

Click 'em :3
 You know you want too~

The White Lion

« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 10:10:21 pm »
I don't wanna be mean or anything...but I think this is outrageous.  I'm not an adult, and I don't have a job to earn money.  I work VERY hard for my allowance, and to have to spend it on a preset to get everyone to see it, to me is sad.  In IT, you had a downloadable patch to see presets, and made them free. So WHY ON EARTH do you think it's better to charge money.

Please do make a poll Rak$ha, I feel strongly against this.

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 10:22:40 pm »
It costs a lot to manage a server. You don't have to pay the fee if you don't want to. Just give the download link to people. Plus, it's not that much to pay anyway. Just be happy the game is free.