Author Topic: Presets on the Server?  (Read 72272 times)

weylin

Re: Presets on the Server?
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:52 am »
Superfeesh is making a system where all preset imagery is hosted remotely such as at imageshack, the server only stores the URL of these, and clients download the images from there, not off the main server.

You could use any host you want, even your own, the emphasis is on it not being on the game server, and that the preset data is ONLY downloaded when needed. (ie, someone logs into a room of 20 people, only they download it)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:15:04 am by weylin »

The White Lion

« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:15 am »
Ok, I'm sorry about my post.  I had a really bad day, I didn't mean it.  I do think it's a bit unfair, and I do understand the cost to run a server and such, and make a FREE mmo game(I'm working on one myself), and I do have one question: can we post the download link to our preset on this forum, or on other forums?  If we have permission, of course.

EDIT:
I just read the admin's and Raz's post above this, and their right.  It must be really hard...so I'll definitely pay.  I can convince one of my parents to give me money, or use my allowance.  Thanks, FH team.  Sorry about my earlier post ^^
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:20:18 am by .:The White Lioness:. »

246ladybug13

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:26 am »
will FH ever come back on? i just started when the surver went down :( please tell me when it will come on .... and please no bad comments please i really need help!!!! :D please lol

Offline Ancalagon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Shoot for the moon. C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 01:11:50 am »
I will pay for presets if it can help hold the servers up. C: I don't mind at all. It has Pro's and Con's but oh well it's a excellent idea.
And @ Josofine: This isn't the best place to post something like that. But to answer your question to get it out of the way, The servers are down and they are fixing it.. No biggie. C:

246ladybug13

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 01:22:43 am »
thy and sorry for posting that here lol
thanks for the help

Offline Ancalagon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Shoot for the moon. C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:17 am »
No problem. Just pay more attention next time.

246ladybug13

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 01:53:47 am »
thank you and i might see on FH

oughjkg

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 02:55:06 am »
Im sorry but i really dont think we should have to pay at all.....
i know that yall put allot of work into it but....you should have where you buy prepaid cards to get a bunch of presets.....but i seriously think we should at least get 2 free....and be able to make a map free :\   
i already made a map because i replaced the water mill with my own design....and i put allot of stuff on it....sooo wouldnt that cost a bunch... :\
I might just delete it off my computer and forget about it if we have to pay to play. :T
you might as well put it on a CD and sell it in stores if your going to do that. not trying to be mean....or be un greatfull. my family and I are already struggling with money and i dont have the money to pay every damn month for a game that cant make the lions even roar.

Thats my opinion.
(When i saw this...i thought all the waiting was a big rip off.) *Never played Impressive Title* & sure you can get mad at me for posting the message i really dont care.

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:19 am »
You're not paying to play, you're paying to have everyone, even those you don't know, to see your preset.

Offline Kikay

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 03:10:47 am »
I think that we shouldn't be able to show them with everyone that plays feral heart if its that much trouble and money is involved. We should just be able to send them to people we know. That would be easier and simpler. :)