Author Topic: Question about the servers  (Read 15494 times)

Offline Bangart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Question about the servers
« on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:47 am »
I know what you're thinking. I'm about to say OMG I CANT CONNECT PLZ HALP!!1!11!

No, I'm aware the servers are down and I understand they're being worked on. But there's
this nagging thought in the back of my mind. With all of the players registered and raring to
play this game, literally thousands so I've heard, how exactly are future server crashes
to be prevented? Surely if this happened only a day after the game came out, the amount of people
playing is going to be an issue. So how will Kov and the team keep this from happening over and
over again?

This question is mostly out of curiosity... I'm not getting impatient and just trying to dig out info about
when the servers will be fixed. ><
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:45:46 pm by Bangart »

kaityk55

Re: Question about the servers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:49:05 am »
I'm not really sure how it will work. Maybe they are improving the ability too reduce crashes in the future and maybe they will only let a select few in little by little or something.

246ladybug13

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 02:05:43 am »
if they do that i am really glade i signed in already, because if they let little by little in many people will get mad, but its there madness (not trying to be mean) but i am really glade i allready downloaded FH lol but it is sad that there down :( i have not played it yet :(

Maslien3

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:40 am »
Emerald is right.. Perhaps they should put a user limit on the server. As many people as the server can handle without going down. And if someone tries to log in to a full server, they will be put in a queue.. I know that seems unfair to some, but I also have the feeling server crashes will be a never-ending issue.. You gotta do what you gotta do, after all :/

Offline Bangart

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:35 am »
The server queue was something I also thought about, and although would make a lot of people angry, it would probably be the best thing to keep Kov from having to pay so much and even get more servers up for more people to play. But even then I start to see problems with that. With the server full so often, some people would probably NEVER get to play, and some people might stay logged into the game and never log off, just so they'll never have to wait in queue. Not to mention the heartbreak and frustration that would come from getting booted off the game in the middle of a large and fun RP, thanks to your internet connection, and then come back to a massive waiting line. Oh the horror.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:31:40 am by Bangart »

Maslien3

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:28 am »
Yes you are right about that :/ .. There's really no perfect way (that I see) to deal with the possible server overload. I mean, you could put a time limit on log in times, but that might force you out of an interesting RP, and with the queue, you are right that some people would abuse this, and just stay logged in. But perhaps they could make it so.. if you are AFK (idle) for such a time, it will automatically kick you out. To prevent people from staying logged in during school or over night. Maybe after 30 minutes?

Offline Bangart

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:11 am »
Idle after thirty minutes? Sounds pretty reasonable to me to keep anyone from staying logged in if they're not playing. That's a pretty good idea. Maybe it would help the servers to, for now, only let a certain number of people on at a time and after a little while of doing that the numbers would probably even out so not everyone is trying to get on ALL at ONCE.

12dollars

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 12:15:18 pm »
I agree with Maslien's comment about the idle time limit. There would be a few people who would forget that its on, and thier character would be sitting there doing nothing while people are trying to get in. As a few others said, a server queue would be the way to go.

246ladybug13

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:56 pm »
i agree too maybe you should bring this to the staff it might help a lot!!!

Offline Bangart

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »
Yes, that would be great! No server crashes and everyone would get their turn. And you couldn't cheat with it. Hopefully this thread will be read by a mod or admin so they can think about if a server queue would be good and help tremendously to prevent future crashes, because I really would rather not bother them to tell them about it right now. XP They've already got a lot to deal with.