Author Topic: Question about the servers  (Read 15501 times)

WindzLaLa

Re: Question about the servers
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2011, 07:10:01 pm »
@Twilia; I don't get how making the servers 100% stronger would allow hackers a chance in, but hey, it's your 'logic' :/

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:51 pm »
Well, the server from IT was crashed and ruined anyway, so if it was combined to the FH one it would mess that up too. If that was even possible. I don't think it is, but I'm no expert XD

lionlover

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »
I think they need to make more then one sever!

Offline GreekRiot

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "You Can't Love Nature With A Gun."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:02 pm »
Adding on to Emerald's idea) Yea, it'd be nice to have some sort of limit, but maybe diferant servers, like for Example:
1. Triumph
Just an idea, so you would know where your friends are, instead of EVERYONE being on the same server.

Twiliac

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:09 am »
@Twilia; I don't get how making the servers 100% stronger would allow hackers a chance in, but hey, it's your 'logic' :/

Well, I'll put it into simpler terms.

People hacked the server, stole presets that had been uploaded, by Raz - Kovu. Let alone they began spawning items, or stealing customs items, such as Razs' sword.

Hopefully, that's simple enough? xD. I can babble on some times..

But anyway. If you add the server they hacked, to a new one. They'd just do the same thing all over again. forcing them to shut down the server permanently until they got a new one - which they couldn't hack into.

WindzLaLa

« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2011, 03:24:27 pm »
@Twilia;

The servers for FH are stronger, better, don't have any items, presets will be unuseable, unless you share them. So, your argument doesn't make an OUNCE of sense. Just make the IT server a FH server; Problem solved.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:22 pm »
Hmm.. I have to agree wtih Twilia, that merging the servers would weaken it, not stengthen it or sort out what they are trying to fix ._.

I don't even think the IT server exists anymore.

And they can't make more servers, to anyone who is asking. It would cost more to keep two servers up and running. And what's the point? Hmm, I dunno. Just my opinions.

Offline wolfgod101

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2011, 09:54:22 pm »
i just wanna play it right now so i wanna know if its up right now?

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:36 pm »
@Kayla: It's not up. Be patient.

And I have to agree with Twila. I understand that FH's server is stronger, but merging with the IT server would cause problems because the IT server isn't strong enough to keep hackers out. (Or that's what I think, due to the reason it got shut down.) If you merged the two, that still wouldn't get rid of the IT servers' issues. I don't even think the IT server is still around..

Twiliac

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:41 pm »
@Twilia;

The servers for FH are stronger, better, don't have any items, presets will be unuseable, unless you share them. So, your argument doesn't make an OUNCE of sense. Just make the IT server a FH server; Problem solved.

Seeing your not understanding clearly, I give up. It seems others has figured it out.

It server had weak security, let alone was fairly weak it self (Due to the frequent crashes.)

The server was shut down, and probably rid of due to the hacks, who were hacking the server it self. It didn't matter if it had items, presets and so on. The simple fact that they could hack it, made it so they could do whatever what they wanted with it. Crash it even. Or shut it down.

In all, Add the unsecured I.T server to Fh = It would be compromised and easily, hacked again, and once more we would be without a server to play on, plain and simple.

Made a mistake, ignore this.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:29:07 am by Twilia »