Author Topic: Friendly Reminder to be FRIENDLY  (Read 6345 times)

LarkPash

Friendly Reminder to be FRIENDLY
« on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:10 pm »
I just wanted to remind everyone out there to be kind and courteous of others. We are all guilty at some point. I'm guilty too. It only takes a little bullying from a kid half my age and I'm quick to turn around and stab them with a few choice words of my own. Sometimes I start typing before I even give it half a thought.

I don't get on FH as much as I did on IT (I'm older now, got married, etc etc etc) but what I wanted to point out is how some members have treated me the few times I've been on!

Recently I tried to help settle an argument and let's just say my friendly approach and I was extremely friendly was not taken lightly by these active members. They reacted with a "What the ***** do you want??!!" And after realizing it was a pointless cause they began bullying me. The fight stopped and suddenly they were yelling all over general that Larkspur is a TROLL!! A TROLL! And they smell a NOOB TROLL!!!

I'm not new. I'm not a troll. But what if I was new? Do you really think we should react or talk to people who are new to the game in such manners? I've seen other instances that aren't as dramatic, but are equally mean just because people see a person in-game who they think is new to the game. Everyone is new at some point! Those are the people we should be helping out too! They have no idea how to navigate the maps and may have no friends!

So before you react and before you jump to conclusions just be nicer to that user who comes up to you regardless of whether they may be old or new. If you were in there situation I'm sure you too would not want to be bullied like I was. I'm sure we have all witnessed similar accounts.

Thanks!

-Larkspur/LarkPash
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:09:59 pm by Larkspur »

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Friendly Reminder to be FRIENDLY
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »
  It is a shame that the people who make those comments never come in forum. The forum community from what I have seen so far is a good lot. I wish those people WOULD come on and read the rules and such.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

LarkPash

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:16:35 pm »
I'm guilty of not coming on the forum either, but I'm aware of the rules. I've logged in and read, but that was my first post. just had no reason to write anything until now. :) I will be back later to see what others have to say, but I have to head to work for now. *Head hits desk*

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:17:19 pm »
i agree completely, i am tired of the cyber bullying and everything, i once typed out a code lyoko rp i had and i got trolled and bullyed for liking the *childish* show, when i said i liked teen titans, same thing happened. what *little kid show* would put a demon from another world who came to conquer earth and more, and his daughter being the portal for him, and i better stop there with the teen titan thing o.e also for code lyoko, what *little kid show* would have the FBI after the group of kids at one point, lyoko, aelita almost killing herself to save her friends and STINKING a super computer virus trying to kill everyone in order to get the world? i seriously think a ton of people don't have a brain

~ sukira (sorry if i confused you i just typed without stopping so..... it may not make sense)
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:34:09 pm »
Lark, tis Fin. I know some of the people you're talking about, and I'm severely disappointed in them. I don't even want to be associated with them any more. The majority of people on this game are 13 or under, which means they're going to behave like school-kids, no matter how mature they think they are. This game has somewhat evolved into 'who can annoy another person or group the most', even literate people do it. The word troll gets thrown around like a frisbee on crack. 

Next time they're on and if they're giving you trouble, please whisper me?

Me and Bruton will protect you e.e

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

Next time they're on and if they're giving you trouble, please whisper me?

Me and Bruton will protect you e.e

Or perhaps screenshot and report to a moderator, instead of causing more trouble than is truly needed.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Finley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • get money, get paid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:26:33 pm »
My point exactly, I want to be there to see what they say to my friend and then to be able to give a second-hand account and screenshots.

Theres no point arguing back with these kids as they stick their fingers in their ears and pretend they own the world.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:48 pm »
What you said there larkzort is never really fun to hear.. But as much as it pains me to say this, I'm not surprised if this happened at all. In fact, this is almost report material here.

I'm not 100% sure if this even has with it to do, but it feels like FH is a place for Trolls to grow and use as a playground, this also affects younger users and it always will. Due to how the game is made it just makes it easier.
The majority of people on this game are 13 or under, which means they're going to behave like school-kids, no matter how mature they think they are.
There's actually some truth in this I must say, at least from what I've seen, no offense to those who are around this age and behave well though.

*sigh*

Sure, there will always be those who break rules and are rude. But at some point it feels like it's some sport for some people in Feralheart. I don't honestly know what's so hard with walking away/blocking/logging off if you get annoyed with something.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 04:38:21 pm »
I hardly ever go on and for the strangest, oddest reasons no one ever bothers me. |D I'm treated like a plague and no one talks to me. This pleases my lurker side. [I blame my lack in a bio, LUL].

Then again I go on at UNGODLY times of the day. It's as if everyone's in their happy place at 3 AM EST ;w;

It's very sad when stuff like this happens. In honesty I would have taken your place for you. I think that some people are confused with what a troll and what a noob really are. "Newbs" and "Noobs" are two COMPLETELY different things, and there should be some form of education on them. Trolls practically LIVE for negative responses. So in that sense they were the trolls at that instant.

This sort of thing seems report worthy. I'm really good at taking hate like this but I know a lot of people aren't so indifferent towards what other people think about them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:51:14 pm by Shusuke »

LarkPash

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:30:37 pm »
Finnley thanks for being awesome even though we met just recently. You're pretty cool.

Red, I understand the ages of everyone. I know that for some there may be a ten year age gape between me and them.  :-\ But that's also one of the reasons I decided to post this incident and tell everyone to stay kind and courteous to others. You don't know who they are or their age. You don't know their real life. The said person may be using FH as a place to get away from a bad home life or it may be simply a 10 year old getting on and they don't need to be bullied around. That's plain and simple....not nice! So maybe somebody will read this and think twice before they greet another by telling them to "F off" (As I have also seen)

People are rude these days. I know. But the only way to make it better is to start by trying one person as cheesy and cliche as it sounds.

Shusuke,

I get ignored too. Don't know why either. It annoys me as well. I was so used to everyone knowing who I was on IT, but then again there were days I was on IT for 10 hours straight.... 0_o It doesn't help my username on here is LarkPash and not Larkspur like it was (Larkspur was ironically taken...hmmm) But regardless I was so used to being fairly popular and then went a spell of not being active and returned to here and I'm back to being a nobody. So I understand the frustrations. Especially when I get the irritating kids calling me a random troll...

I get on normally after 6 PM EST and if you see me I will be in Fluorite Plains most likely around the tunnel area. I will talk to you. And I won't shun you or any of that nonsense.