Author Topic: What's Your Favourite Map?  (Read 2212 times)

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
What's Your Favourite Map?
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:34:40 am »
Forgive me for my last topic, It's rude and a waste of time. Ignore It, and I will too.

Write your favourite map down here! Personally I like Flourite cause It's soo big! .w.

Offline TurtlezSoup

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • TurtezSoup. Your everyday dose of Turtlez
    • View Profile
    • DA
Re: What's Your Favourite Map?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:36:06 am »
Surprisingly, Last Cave. Wile I do not spend a lot of time there, its always very mystery-like. I mean, I lays think something's there, when nothing actually is! It reminds me of my Character Mirror. ^^ it reminds me of the moon, which is where Mirror came from, so yeah. ^^ so last cave probably is my favourite map, but Atlantis is good for my other characters, so I like that place too. ^^

Though I do go to the plains to RP and chat with ze peeps in general. :D so FP comes in a close third when t comes to my fave maps.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:37:44 am by Turtle »

Siggy by Rustys!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:31:46 pm »
Forgive me for my last topic, It's rude and a waste of time. Ignore It, and I will too.
Don't sweat that, floofer.

As for me... Assuming we can only pick from public maps, I'd have to say I like Fluorite, Sky's Rim, and Temple of Dreams. Fluorite is always full of floofs, and it's generally the in-game social hub, so I like it (and sometimes don't xD) for that social aspect of it. I suppose it's kinda fun to run around that large map, too~

However, for straight-out design, Temple and Sky's Rim are the ones I like. Temple used to be one of my favorite maps, because the design itself was very creative, and in its hey-day before wings, it provided a fun in-game challenge to climb. I often wondered what 'stories' Kov might've had in his mind when he built this Temple, in fact. Maybe it'd meant something to him from his old Impressive Title days?
Sky's Rim... Well. Who doesn't love floating islands? While some of the newer public maps seem to be lacking a little at times (some using recycled heightmaps), I could tell that Sky's Rim really had some detail, love and attention put into it.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »
Well mine would have to be the Plains.
The reason is that most of my friends are there and it has to be the most active map.
The only thing I would have to say I hate with the Plains is the bad tokens the map comes with.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:44:26 pm »
Hmm...I think it depends on what I feel like doing.

If I want to chill out with my floofs, I'd say the Plains since that's where nearly all my friends are. I've noticed that the user count in the maps has increased to 300, which is really a plus. The only thing that put me off the plains before was the fact that you had to battle with the server to get in.

However, if I just needed time away from the mad conversations of General chat, I'd go for Ascension Island or Sky's Rim. Most of the people there seem rather laided back, and sometimes it's fun trying to climb to the top...if a little frustrating...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:40:53 am by DoctorFlob »

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:51:56 am »
I would have to say Fluorite Plains, because now I can actually get in whenever I want.

But.... I like Bonfire just because that's were I rp as Ghinjo all the time.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:00:11 am »
In terms of design and overall look, I enjoy being in Temple. I'm not fond of any of the maps, really, but Temple is generally uncrowded and somewhat out of the way. Though, most of my friends and such are in Fluorite.

I also like Ascension and Sky's Rim - they aren't too much of a challenge, but they did take time to make, and do provide something to do on a slow day.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »
I love fluorite, its glitch/laggy, but I love it.
but when I don't want to RP or someone makes me mad I go to Temple, climb to the top,and sits there for hoursd saying nothing ._.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »
Exactly what I do sometimes, Mossstar.
Anyway, Last cave and Ascension island are cool. I like Sky's rim too. I guess I just like peaceful maps.
Heck, Flourite gets peaceful and I can explore, and roleplay in my head with anything.
I don't run into too many floofs there that powerplay me. :3
Atlantis is peaceful as a dragon, too. Ficho is one spot where I had some fun memories,
and South Pole is where I had some fun memories as a new member too.
All the maps are kind of peaceful to me... In some places.
I like all maps differently, truly. I hear there are going to be more in FH+ gladly.
I guess to me, even Lonely cave was perfectly made, and also Bonfire. (Bonfire is the place where I RP. No questions asked.) There's a lot of maps I like. Pretty much all.
I don't really have a favorite map.
I love all the maps the same for different reasons. :)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »
I think I've answered this a few times but yeah :3 When it comes to the default maps my favorite maps are Bonfire Island & Ficho Tunnel. Although Bonfire Island is often crowded and laggy there's something warm and welcoming about it... Then again since I am an old user and Bonfire used to be the home map I guess I just got used to it. Also Bonfire Island's environment is like a small chunk of Flourite with most of its features stuffed up into one small area. It's the perfect place for new comers to get a feel of the game without getting too over whelmed in the vast expanse of land like some of the other maps. As for Ficho I like the whole cave thing... It's dark and comfortable & kind of like a hide away from all the chaos of the other maps. Ficho is the kind of place I imagine my character seeking refuge in and curling up in for a long nights rest