Author Topic: Opinion On Bullying On FeralHeart?  (Read 4654 times)

Offline ::-The Escapist-::

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Opinion On Bullying On FeralHeart?
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:47:43 am »
Herro.

Title says it all, what do you think about bullying on FeralHeart?
Does it matter because it's "just a game" or should it be taken seriously?

I myself have been bullied on the game, accused of 'theft', and being called multiple names before. But what about you?

(So sorry if this is in the wrong subject or anything, I'm new to the forums. c': )

Offline Muggery

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Pretty hurts.
    • auflodern
    • auflodern
    • unorthodoxie
    • View Profile
    • ALLURE | FH Wolf Rp (WIP)
Re: Opinion On Bullying On FeralHeart?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:19:30 pm »
Well, I do agree that there is bullying to a slight extent (Ex. People calling each other idiots, being rude about characters and such), but personally, I've never been singled out on FH, so I don't know what it feels like. I have had to step into a few unfair 'bullying instances' since I started playing.

I do, however believe that it should be taken a little bit more seriously.  You never know how someone's going to react to you calling them a 'retarded person with no life'. They could be going through something, and have FH as their means of escape. So I do agree that bullying on FH shouldn't be given the slip. :D

Find me in-game at : Muggery

SOMEONE RP WITH ME AGHHHH

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »
People who bully on FeralHeart do really often say that it's 'just a game'. No, it's not just a game. It's just a game when you're in single-player mode, get killed, then you rage. Now, it that previous situation, it is normal. But in MMORPGs like FeralHeart, where you choose what to say, if you say something that can hurt someone, if you harass that person to the point he/she cries, it IS cyberbullying.

If someone tells you to stop making rape jokes when they're here, just stop. Don't act like it's the end of the world and find reasons why you can do them. Someone said as a reason once "My friend was raped multiple times." Uhh, sorry, how does that make you feel like making rape jokes all the time? Plus, another reason to not continue making rape jokes when someone tells you to stop: that person might've been raped/know closely someone who has been raped and is very sensitive about this.

Yes, that happened to me before. Yes, I cried, I told my friends that I would never go on my main account again. All that because of people that think that because it's the Internet, nobody there has feelings. I cried, and seriously, I have no idea how one of my friends managed to calm me down.

Something like this had happened before, through e-mail. My long-time friend started insulting me, insensible of what I would feel. I cried a lot that time, thought about committing suicide. But playing FeralHeart and meeting my awesome buddies changed my mind.

Then, imagine you, who goes on FeralHeart to escape your sad little thoughts, then you get bullied on there? Sorry, but, just... No. I had never cried that much since the e-mail thing, which happened two and a half years ago.

I've got bullied on FH last month. I'm still scared of going on this account, I'm still scared of seeing people who bullied me that last month. I'm still scared of going in that one place of Fluorite Plains where I RP the most.

All that because of cyberbulliers who can't take their own acts seriously. "It's just a game.", no it's not. People are behind the screen, and you don't know who they are. Which is why you should be careful, because who knows if what you say lead that person to depression, anxiety, insecurity or suicide.

My job here is done.

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 03:26:14 pm »
Bullying should never be accepted - not in games, sms, internet or in "real-life".

If someone keeps bullying you, or another user, it's the same thing as harrassment and you're welcome to send in a report to me or anyone else on the staff, and we will deal with it.
Be sure to take proper screenshots and send them too.

Cheers// Shallow

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 03:30:30 pm »
Bullying any where is a serious problem and when it's encountered every effort to stop it at the source must be taken, therefore if you guys are ever a victim of bullying or witness bullying you should make every effort to report these users. Bullying of any shape will not be tolerated. Once reported users should block these bullying users and not allow them to put any other nonsense in their head. Also if you are bullied and can tolerate it don't just block and ignore the person like nothing ever happened... Report the bully still because if they're willing to bully you they will bully others.

Bullying is serious so take it seriously.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »
Herro.

Title says it all, what do you think about bullying on FeralHeart?
Does it matter because it's "just a game" or should it be taken seriously?

I myself have been bullied on the game, accused of 'theft', and being called multiple names before. But what about you?

(So sorry if this is in the wrong subject or anything, I'm new to the forums. c': )

Bullying is one of those things that should never be joked about. Even if it is game, bullying is still here. I've seen some people get hurt from bullying. Its NOT ok. No matter who a person is based on there past and who they are, they still don't deserve to be bullied.

If I ever see someone being bullied I will act. I don' t care if its none of my business or not. So please don't say, "Just a game" even if it is a just a game it still is real. Peoples feelings get hurt, even when they don't deserve it, no one deserves it.
Signature by Adelish

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »
What is my opinion on the subject? I do not stand for acts of bullying.

Whoever thinks that it's "just a game" is clearly forgetting that this is pretty much a chat where you talk to other people. When you log onto the game and see all the chat that's going on, it's people talking to each other like they would communicate with someone out in the real world. The only thing that separates internet chatting from talking to someone face-to-face is that no one really knows who is who. No one knows who they are talking to, and nobody knows what they really look like behind that computer screen. Since our identities are hidden, many people take advantage of that by saying whatever it is they want to say to others; opinions, personal experience, and even insults. They figure, "This person I'm bullying doesn't know me. What are they going to do about it?" Cyberbullies think they can get away with bullying someone on the internet because they feel like they will face no real consequence for their actions.
Many sites on the internet allow the freedom of speech to where anyone can say anything, and won't bother to censcor the posts or ban the person who made the statements. There are some sites that do have strict rules about what you can and can't say in their forums and blogs. Some sites don't tolerate bullying/hate threads/flaming/harrassing and will ban anyone who breaks those kind of rules. I refuse to sign on to many websites to post comments or feedback on a subject, mainly because there will be classless -censored word- who post something offensive and rude.

When it comes to Feral Heart, I'm glad it's one of those websites that doesn't tolerate cyberbullying. Although there were times when I wish that the rules would be a tiny bit more strict. I've found that some people can bully other players as long as they don't break any of the major rules. Cursing in particular. I once saw an incident in Bonfire Island where these self proclaimed literate roleplayers were causing a bit of a ruckus by insulting all the "illiterates" around them. They said things like, "All these illiterates make me sick to my stomach" "They must have failed miserably in school" "They must be born retarded or something" and so on and so forth. They even started flaming someone who wanted to join their RP. "You're not good enough you illiterate noob. Go away!" They said other things, but I won't get into that. I took several screenshots to report these two for harassing some of the players around them..... but apparently the hurtful words they said were not enough for the staff member to take action. Well they were harrassing people in a public map by throwing all those insults... isn't that considered breaking a rule? I guess if they were to have said curse words it would be considered something to look into? It doesn't really make sense to me..... but who am I to question to desicions of the staff?

Whenever I do see someone getting bullied, I don't really step in to help. I silently take as many screenshots as possible for evidence. There's really no point in arguing with cyberbullies in FH. Their purpose is just to start a fight and make someone cry. I hope they are the ones crying/raging when they found out they can't log into the game for several weeks.

So I do not approve of bullying on Feral Heart. Not at all.
Inactive

Offline Roniver

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 03:36:21 am »
I HATE IT!

One time I was just rping on the only char I have and love, Cy.. who is an alien.. And a group of people were like "NERD!! GET A LIFE AND ROLEPLAY SOMTHING REAL!"  I just shook it off in game but I was really angry behind the screen.. Cy is real.. My mind is real.. I can think of all the wonders of space if I want..

lindaminda

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 03:00:48 pm »
Hmm
Well, bullying is not approved either on Feral Heart or in real life. It's something that can't stop.
There are so many bullies in the game or outside.
And It should be taken seriously no matter if it's in-game.

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »
Firstly, I agree with Dundee. Some people are able to blow off bullies, like myself, but others take it to heart. Why? These are REAL people. It may not be that they can't distinguish reality from the virtual world. Real people = real opinions, right?

I feel like most bullying nowadays happens thanks to all this technology, I've never had people outside of the internet speak to me in such manners. Ever. I don't know how I would feel if someone I physically knew told me to kill myself... along with other things.

When I first discovered YouTube I found a horrid fan video, it included expletive wording/suggestive animation. (parody, fanimation) I didn't understand internet humor at the time so I just had to create an account to lecture everyone about how this video is... "in fact not funny, too suggestive, and degrading females". (That's what I remember commenting, luckily comments have been disabled for a long time.) I got so many hate replies for one silly comment about how get a better sense of humor and ways to kill myself. Very embarrassing for being my first comment on Youtube. Nowadays I understand what internet humor is so I don't end up in the middle of hateful replies. Though I don't like being obliged to softening up my comments just so someone doesn't flame me, but I do it anyways for the sake of us all having different opinions.

It's easier to bully from behind a screen.