Author Topic: Opinion On Bullying On FeralHeart?  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Xalaria

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion On Bullying On FeralHeart?
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »
As others have said, bullying anywhere is unacceptable and should definitely be taken seriously - and this is definitely something I feel strongly about as someone who has been bullied in both real life and online.

In fact, bullying online can be more severe than in real life in many cases. For some reason, people think that hiding behind the anonymity of a screen gives them the right to make others feel awful about themselves. That's absolutely unacceptable. Just because you don't know this person in real life does not mean they don't have feelings. Most people come onto FH to find roleplays and make friends, so what's the point in bullying them? You're all going for the same goal, so instead in being an insufferable jerk, how about you introduce yourself to them, perhaps.

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Sandfury

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:17 pm »
I honestly do not like bullying in-game. It depends on the situation to the point where it makes my blood rush or to the point where I just fall apart. Whenever someone insults me, I just shrug it off and act like it's not a big deal- but sometimes it is.

Sometimes when the act gets severe and they start to say "Oh, you have no life!" or something like "You're just a five year old that doesn't know anything!" I'd probably reply with a "Thank you very much, I honestly don't care."

But behind the screen I'm thinking "You don't know ANYTHING about me. Stop insulting me you retard."

I usually don't say that because it's what the 'trolls' want from you. They want a hint of aggression or a meltdown.

Whenever I see someone start rushing at a troll to defend themselves I usually hear the troll saying, "lol its just a game calm down"

It's not a game. There's a person behind the screen trying to deal with your bull-crap.

I once actually did blow up on someone, and I guess I gave them a nasty scar from it.

So that's my opinion, I think it looks like a jumble of words. I hope you can understand what I meant to say.

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 06:54:46 am »
Bullying? Should there really be any dispute about this? Bullying. Is. Bad.

Being a bully is bad.

Ganging up on others for fun is bad.

Making fun of certain aspects of a person is bad.

It should be taken seriously, and it really shouldn't be happening. We all know that 'wolf-pack' (Huehue there's a pun) effect. If you've got your friends to back you up, it's quite easy to become an arrogant idiot who wouldn't usually say such things by themselves. The answer to this is simple: Don't back up bullies. Sure, someone might have insulted you, but that's no reason to reply in kind. Be the bigger person - stop bullying, and do not encourage it.

Offline FieldsForever

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Snack Woof"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 05:56:02 pm »
@InfiniteSnarf; Good point, I don't think anyone else mentioned that yet. I've briefly studied psychology(hardly scratching the surface, really) and I'm sure it's called group-think. Though I've never heard of it being called wolf-pack(maybe I've been too naive to ever get the reference) it does make sense and is most fitting due to this... situation. Anyways thanks for bringing that to the table. Wolf-think can be a good thing too... you always hear of those situations where individuals come together to help someone. There's good and bad individuals, there's going to be good and bad groups of individuals. Still one big ego can be just as bad as a group of small ones.

Offline HarpyTheOwl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • *magic intensifies*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 04:44:36 am »
Ugh... bullying. I have been bullied, online AND in real life and trust me, it's not pretty. One of my friends is Bi-gender, and does ANYONE giver the respect they want and deserve? NO! Just like cyberbullying, people don't give you respect for who you are. When it comes to bullying i'm like: "bro, you really think that you can hurt me? Well, go look in the mirror and think about what you said." In conclusion, I DO NOT APPROVE FH BULLYING!
Rawr! HarpyTheOwl in-game!