Author Topic: The MateCenter Stereotype  (Read 2869 times)

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
Re: The MateCenter Stereotype
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 03:07:42 pm »
Yesterday in a server I found a Mate Center making fun of the people in there, he was saying stuff like Buy one Get one free and stuff and saying it was silly to look for a mate. I feel kind of bad since I just stood there watching rather than stopping him... I avoid most fights because when I get involved they all turn on me :L
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

" We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one awaiting us "

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:17 pm »
Geez, people. That's terrible to say to you, especially when you were trying a new concept. It's a pretty good one too! It's sad to say the type of reaction people get from Mate Centers in general, but it's gotten to the point where it's just ridiculous.
You keep doing what you do! Never let those rotten potatoes ruin your great ideas. It's the fact you're trying that counts.

Offline 116.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 09:32:47 pm »
Haha, some people need to quit being a stick in the mud and learn to enjoy FH for every aspect it has. IF they have an issue with annoying MC, than they can block them. But you clearly were not doing any harm. Some people are just hateful, and I'm sorry to say, many people on FH are hateful. They had no reason or good excuse to treat you that way.

It's not true that "Any literate who sees anything with 'Mate', or 'Center' will block you." I'd like to believe that I'm a literate, and I actually never block anyone. All of my literate friends don't every block anyone either. Those are the type of people who just look for anything and everything to complain about. Sure, I make the occasional joke about MC, but I would never treat anyone like that over it. I have fun with MC.

Also, if anyone has such a huge issue with MC, they could easily leave Bonfire. Everyone knows that if you go to Bonfire, you're going to see MC. They knew the risks before they went. They didn't have to go there.

Point is, people can be hateful. Just ignore them. I think your idea was simply wonderful! I would join it. It would be fun to find an RP partner. Keep doing what you're doing, and I highly doubt anyone has blocked you. Don't worry about it.

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 05:58:35 am »
That wasn't very nice of that player. I personally don't do that MC just for some reasons but that person had no right if they don't like it don't go there. People like that bug me
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect