Author Topic: Map Portals not appearing!! ;^; (solved)  (Read 1221 times)

Offline whitewolfmaya

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I am always open for hugs!
    • WhitewolfMaya
    • White wolf Maya
    • View Profile
Map Portals not appearing!! ;^; (solved)
« on: April 05, 2017, 07:21:43 am »
OK! Sooo, I have been playing Feral Heart for a while, and have downloaded a couple of maps before the update to feral heart 1.15. When the update came round, it was around the time i was clearing my PC of everything, meaning everything would be uninstalled and i would have to re-download all my games or programs.I took a long hiatus from feral heart after clearing out the PC. When i reinstalled FH I had no downloaded Maps or Items and only ONE FH file/folder. So, I decided to Install a map, but had forgotten how to...so i looked it up and followed the instructions carefully but, it didn't quite work out...The portal wasn't appearing, so i spent an entire day, looking up how to fix the problem, I put the files in different places, I made sure i was putting it in the correct folder, i triple checked that all the file types and names were in the right places, I reinstalled the game and yet still, there is no portal in the cape of distant worlds...

I know someone asked this question before, but those answers or suggestions didn't help me at all.
If you want to know, I use 7zip, i made sure the zip folder was unzipped when I placed the map files into the FH folder. And the .fhm is in the exports folder as well, so it doesn't really make sense  to this little oreo why the portal is not appearing... :(

It could be me, or maybe its the map i'm trying to download, but i doubt that...

Here is the map im trying to download:https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiP89zK44zTAhWB2SYKHeReBzcQFggYMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fferal-heart.com%2Fsmf%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D57193.0&usg=AFQjCNEP_ZrE-SZEM5Rkp3xliTCGECIi9A&sig2=Y4_c6G-t4kA5BPK70X5Mkg&bvm=bv.151426398,d.d24

UPDATE!!!

Turns out the portals were too faint and the improvements to the portals i downloaded really helped! And the maps portal was i a really odd hidden place... :P Thanks for the suggestions!!They really helped!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:47:54 am by whitewolfmaya »
Have a Great Day![/center]

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Map Portals not appearing!! ;^;
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 07:32:20 am »
Be sure you are looking very very carefully. The portals in the update are extremely faint and hard to see and many people have had issues of "not getting their maps" and it turns out they just couldn't see the portals. Usually the portals are right to the left or right of the arch in Cape.

Offline whitewolfmaya

• Forum Newcomer
    • WhitewolfMaya
    • White wolf Maya
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:52:26 am »
I have actually noted that, and have been jumping around on either sides of the map hoping to get into a map,but maybe i should double check that, thanks!

update: Still nothing :(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 07:55:41 am by whitewolfmaya »
Have a Great Day![/center]

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:08 am »
If you still can't see the portal, as ArcticGalaxy has said, it could be that the portals are too faint. I would try downloading Bawfle's Custom/Private Map Portals Improvements and seeing if that'll help.

If it turns out that the portal isn't even there altogether, perhaps uninstalling FeralHeart (make sure you also delete all of the files or replace them when reinstalling) and reinstalling so everything default-wise is there, and then putting your downloaded map into your files. I'll be looking for further suggestions, and return to you should I find any that I believe to be working.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline whitewolfmaya

• Forum Newcomer
    • WhitewolfMaya
    • White wolf Maya
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:58 am »
THANKS!It really worked!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 07:48:20 am by whitewolfmaya »