Author Topic: 1.13 fh.  (Read 7526 times)

Atmospheric

Re: 1.13 fh.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 04:24:56 pm »
I understand how you feel. I enjoy the original FH along with the older maps. However, I feel like the change is a good thing. It would be boring to keep the same stuff without any updates, ya know? Even though the older maps are empty now, I'm glad we still have access to them

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2020, 02:31:28 am »
You didn't answer my question though. I asked if you thought things would be the same if they used the old maps as default again...
doing what i feel like

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 11:53:40 am »
The op wasn't asking for opinions on which map set you like better guys.
They wanted to know why they won't be reinstated. That was answered by spicydirt.

Fhu variants of the old maps are intended to make them better without losing their classic identities.

Bringing back the old maps 100% will not bring you anything more than what downloading the maps will. Nostalgia.

arilioness

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2020, 12:04:21 pm »
Honestly, maybe its just not the maps you're missing but the old memories you created while playing the maps, its exactly the same thing as what is happening with star stable online (Another game) where people are missing the old textures, features and other stuff that has been recreated or removed because we made memories with the old things and those old things are now gone and not to be coming back, its just the nostalgia that is the problem (Just like laughing wolf said)

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 02:57:11 pm »
With all due respect to those who miss the old maps, continually dragging up the past will not bring back those times or the old maps. All this sort of discussion does is stir up past drama about the old maps which hinders the game's growth and scares away new players.

You all need to move on and stop bringing this up over and over and over. It is no different than if someone kept bringing up a subject that you didn't want to hear about. Do you really think that new players who know nothing about those maps would want to come play a game where people keep bringing up things from the past that they know nothing about and that start fights between people who have different ideals?

The future of FH is in fact the new enthusiastic players who join this game. But they don't come here expecting dumb drama over past events they never knew about. We need to be considerate of them by no longer bringing up hurtful events from the past.

The reason FH is so empty right now is not because of old maps but rather the drama surrounding them and other recent events. If you truly care about FH, you need to let go of the past and work toward building a future that is free of drama and strife. All the problems we have rn are caused by division and disagreement. Let's put aside our differences and work together.

There are in fact 2 quotes that come to mind regarding division:
"United we stand, divided we fall."
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

One thing I find truly sad, is that the FH community has become known all around the web as "toxic". All people know about this community anymore is the drama. That is why so few people are joining. Why join when they hear that FH has a bunch of drama?

Perhaps it is time that the community realized that they are indeed one of the things destroying FH. They need to let go of the past and embrace the future.

We aren't here to fight over things we disagree with, we are here to have fun and enjoy FH.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:17:00 pm by DylanCheetah »

arilioness

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 10:46:45 pm »
DylanCheetah is right, why do we have to keep making drama when we wont and will never get the old fh maps back in the game because we need to move on and accept that things change, and even if the maps were to be brought back, that wouldn't mean the old and good times would come back too

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 12:23:35 am »
DylanCheetah is right, why do we have to keep making drama when we wont and will never get the old fh maps back in the game because we need to move on and accept that things change, and even if the maps were to be brought back, that wouldn't mean the old and good times would come back too

I'm glad that I am not the only one that sees what is happening.

When I joined this game, the community was not fighting back and forth like it is now. Sure, there were disagreements. But not as often as they have become lately. Rather than talk about negative things, let's put forth our time and energy to bring peace and stability back to FH.

Sure, we won't always agree. However, there is no point in bringing up the same things over and over in the hope that someone will "magically" change their mind and give you want you want. That isn't how things work here or with life in general. If you disagree with something, it's ok to mention it respectfully one time. But afterward, it isn't ok to keep bringing it up and/or complaining about it. That is just disrespectful to not only the staff, but the rest of the community as well.

We aren't here to see who can stir the most drama or pester the staff till we get our way. We are here because we have a common hobby that we all enjoy. And we should always keep in mind that every word we say, both ingame and on forum has a big impact on all the other members of the community.

Rather than waste time discussing the same past drama over and over, let's use that time to enjoy FH the way it is and play with our dear friends who we met here. Sure, some people have left. Some of my own friends have left. But that will not stop me from enjoying this game to the fullest. I can always make new friends and make new memories with them in FH. And I encourage all of you to do the same.

As for emptiness, if all of you would play at least once or twice a week, just think how many more people would be ingame. The number of people playing isn't gonna just go up "magically", we must do our part by all showing our support for this great game and getting our floofy butts ingame more often. If person A comes along and says "There's only a few people here, I'm leaving." and person B does the same and C and D and E; each of them is just contributing to the problem. But, if even a few people decide to just give it some time and play longer, they are bound to run into more people and everyone will be happier as a result.

I know of another game that had 0 people playing most of the time. But yet I would not just leave immediately due to that. I would sit there. Sometimes I would tab out to do other things, but I would keep checking on the game and listening for the very footsteps of other players. And every time one would come, I would go out of my way to talk to them even if it was just a simple "Hello. How are you doing?". And guess what? The number of people playing increased some. Not immediately ofc, but gradually. And even though there are still days that there are no people other than me playing, there are days that more people show up. My point? The very act of being in the game can have a huge impact. If you want to see more people in FH, then start playing more.

wolfdog01

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 12:32:19 am »
Might just redownload the game after all that, feeling motivated

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
    • DylanCheetah
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 12:35:07 am »
Might just redownload the game after all that, feeling motivated

I'm glad to hear that man. This is exactly what FH needs to recover. It needs all it's players to pull together and have fun playing it like before. That is what's truly important.

arilioness

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 11:44:03 am »
Yeah, if we keep arguing about the maps, we will only get what we dont want, the maps are never coming back anyway but also, if we do keep arguing about it, we will be known as a bad community that no one is willing to join, we should try to keep up the spirit of fh instead so new players are willing to join, and fh could have a chance to grow