Author Topic: Understanding posing and copying guide.  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
Understanding posing and copying guide.
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »
 Ok so latley i noticed allot of people claiming someones copying or posing as them so this is a guide to help u all understand the difference between copying/posing and non copying/posing.

Poser: Someone who poses as another user for bad intentions or just to get attention.

Carbon Copy: a user who has stolen your character on purpose for spam or because there not creative and think its ok to steal others work.

Posing claims.

When someone claims to be someone who they arent(in most cases no one is actually posing). for example i got called a poser because of my user. Well let me tell u all something. this character is not a real one therefor no one can truly be the Offical rp. its the internet get over yourselves. people arent going to bow down to you just because your a certain character. so dont go around harrasing people calling them a poser just because there rp as the same character as u. that just means they like that character just as much as you do. why not try and be friends with them? discuss the character make a army of that character!! love and peace ppl!!

A True Poser...

I have come across a true poser. a true poser is when someone claims to actually be YOU!! claims to your mate pups and friends they are YOU!! just on a different account or something.or goes around saying "Hey yes i am the one on general your just seeing the wrong user name" trying to get attention.

Carbon Copiers: Its the internet as i said before. People do come up with the same ideas. people do come up with the same names. u cant copyright a name like Nala or Simba or any other name like that. Everyone has a right to those names. u have no right to tell them they cant.

Someone may make a similar seemingly a copy of your character when really they just designed something similar. there have been instances when someone has had almost the same exact background as someone else. but that dont mean they copied off YOU!! Some people will see someone who they have never met and that persons never em them and be like "omg your a poser your a copier!!" Seriously if u honest to god believe u are being copied take evidence like screenshots and send them to a mod or admin. there here to help they cant just be like..ok they copied u well ban them..No thats not how it works...u need Evidence. if u have evidence send it to a mod/admin they will help you.

Copyrighting pack names/clan names.

You cant copyright a name like moon or sun pack. those names cannot be copyright by anyone. there are tons and tons of packs with the same name. its ganna happen no matter where u are. there are maybe 15 moon packs? You cant just claim someone stole your pack idea unless u have solid evidence to support your claim. as said above Give Evidence if u believe someone truly copied u making threads about it or going on other sites and complaining will not help you. Report it to a Nod or Admin.

I know a rant like this has been made before but my block list is getting pretty full from these people and im tired of my friends being harrased. Keep in kind everyone has a right to rp whoever they want and calling someone a copy cat or poser just because they seem like they copied u is almost as bad as spam.  

GIFSoup

What side will you join?

TealSkeletore

Re: Understanding posing and copying guide.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:43 am »
Ehh I really dislike the word 'poser'.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I bet some people are a bit confused about this and think people are stealing their characters when it could just be a coincidence.

Offline Death_The_Kid

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Symmetry is Key
    • View Profile
    • http://thehowlingforestpacks.webs.com/apps/auth/login?why=pw&next=apps/forums/
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:52:38 am »
Ehh I really dislike the word 'poser'.

Anyway, thanks for this thread. I bet some people are a bit confused about this and think people are stealing their characters when it could just be a coincidence.

np just tryin to help out since this usse seems to be becoming a big problem
GIFSoup

What side will you join?

Offline DragonBirdey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:23:24 pm »
i remember when i and my friend got the idea to be twins...we made a same character with conected names that were simalar too, it was fun unit a person came to us and said my friend was a poser.
Well that is ridicialus.