Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Mates!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 04:00:09 pm »
I really love having a mate to be honest! I normally only become mates with people I'm good friends with to avoid the um... "noobish" mates. And I prefer to keep it down to one for that same reason.

I don't currently have a mate, as the good ones are hard to find and I'm honestly not very active in roleplays anymore. I probably would be more active if I had one though. I'd really like a new one, as I think mates provide a very good dynamic no matter the health of the relationship. I prefer healthy relationships myself. You have to be careful with unhealthy relationships, but they can give lots of character development if done right.

What really makes a good mate is someone who understands it's just a game/roleplay, wants to advance their character and the roleplay through a mate, and understands that healthy relationships are just as fun to roleplay. The relationship (between the characters , not the players) should end when a character dies or leaves in an unhealthy relationship, but it often ends when a roleplay dies out or a player becomes inactive. I always think it's always sad when the ladder happens though.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 04:36:25 pm »
Thus, I don't fancy the whole idea of a 'Mate Center' your character never gets a mate unless you are a male or have a 'cool' design. Otherwise, I'd rather get mates in a Roleplay rather than begging or the ladies in roleplay trying to get attention.
Otherwise, I'm the grump of romance. I don't like  being attached to someone 24/7, I like LOTS of solitude.

^ yes

If people like getting mates via the mate center that's fine and all but I dislike the concept behind why they select a particular partner. It seems all very shallow and silly. It is always about looks and some of the people at the mate center are very rude about the way they treat a character they don't find "attractive". Most everyone only cares for black and greyish edge wolves or horribly out of proportion male and female couples. All the couples end up looking the same in the end. If you try to stand out from the bunch no one is interested. Let's also not forget how the mate center is like 99% canine xD Where are the felines?

I prefer having an actual friend play the role of a mate since we can trust and understand each other better and or gaining a mate through the adventure of roleplay. Those ways gain you a long term mate. The Mate Center is more like a "beauty pagent"... for temporary couples.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »
As I already stated before, I also prefer having close friends or at least roleplay buds as mates.
It's just easier, because (a) you already know eachother's characters, so it makes for better romance, (b) easier to get in touch with them if you want to rp, (c) they won't be too clingy, since it's usually only mates for the rp, and (d) if the chemistry won't work, you can always easily end it without a huge dramatic OOC breakup, and either find or make a new mate for that character, or just roleplay single (this also works good because you can roleplay the breakup and/or the coldness between the characters without damaging your actual friendship).

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 06:12:36 am »

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline TBHayate

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Error 404
    • View Profile
    • Mer and Charlie's DA
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:05 pm »
Im personally okay with mates, due to the fact that it gives you someone to talk to, hang out with, and know there's always gonna be someone there for ya. I had one once, like for all my characters, but one day, poof, their gone. Haven't seen em sense. :3 but yeah, basically my opinion on it.
Anime is my life in one word

Madara you sneaky bastard!
I am Roku the Great.. Bow down before me ;3

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 07:20:59 pm »
I like the idea of mates. Like Sura, I only had one bad experience when it came to having a mate in the game. You see, back when I had this mate, I was pretty.. er.. new, to the game, to say the least. I was also pretty young still, /really/ young. I was like 11. xD I found this mate in Bonfire of course but little ol' me believed that if we became mates we became boyfriend and girlfriend and I of course thought this was a serious relationship. So, one day I found my mate on another character with another girl, and I freaked out because since I thought this was serious I believed he was cheating and I'd actually cried over it and stayed off of FH for a few days. -long sigh- It was horrible, but thinking back on it, it was great at the same time.

in-game: hooli

Echoing harmony

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »
Thus, I don't fancy the whole idea of a 'Mate Center' your character never gets a mate unless you are a male or have a 'cool' design. Otherwise, I'd rather get mates in a Roleplay rather than begging or the ladies in roleplay trying to get attention.
Otherwise, I'm the grump of romance. I don't like  being attached to someone 24/7, I like LOTS of solitude.

^ yes

If people like getting mates via the mate center that's fine and all but I dislike the concept behind why they select a particular partner. It seems all very shallow and silly. It is always about looks and some of the people at the mate center are very rude about the way they treat a character they don't find "attractive". Most everyone only cares for black and greyish edge wolves or horribly out of proportion male and female couples. All the couples end up looking the same in the end. If you try to stand out from the bunch no one is interested. Let's also not forget how the mate center is like 99% canine xD Where are the felines?

I prefer having an actual friend play the role of a mate since we can trust and understand each other better and or gaining a mate through the adventure of roleplay. Those ways gain you a long term mate. The Mate Center is more like a "beauty pagent"... for temporary couples.

Exactly. My main charrie is a little dark, but that's only because she was born like that (in rp). But I don't make my pelt 0/0/0. Also, people tend to be a canine at the MC so they can get a mate and create a pack. Well, sometimes at least. I've normally seen couples last for under 3 minutes.

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:43 pm »
I personally never got the purpose of having mates.

Sure, people might enjoy roleplaying mostly with one person, but you can easily do that without declaring a mate. I've never made and consistently roleplayed an ordinary character like a wolf, lion, or the ever-annoying warrior cat/normal cat, which might explain my reluctancy, but seriously.

I never understood it, since unless you have a third and also very close friend, or up to six to them, you can't reliably birth pups/kits/cubs/whatever the heck. You'll mostly always need to go to an AC for that, and people say roleplaying birthing is disgusting as well.

In conclusion, I just... Don't get mates. It makes little sense in my opinion, because really, you don't NEED a mate and a lot of people get a mate for every character.

~Neo

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »
I feel like having a mate on FH is like loving a pixelated character, that's what I think. But it depends how long you have known that person for. Suprisingly, I have a mate but before I got into him I stayed alert on his attitude and actions for 2 years and got to know him. :3 He is a very funny person, respects my privates and never talks behind my back. On the other hand, if you look at mate center, things just go so wrong. Two people meet together like Prince and Princess for one second and never make eye contact, and BAM, fake love is created. If people want a mate, you should have more care on who you meet because you might not know what they will do to you or maybe even break your heart the next day, when he/she is not suppose to. Overall, I think having a mate is not necessary online because you have other people to meet in the future. :)

Offline Brutus2010

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Is it cold out here? Or is it just me..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 03:29:51 pm »
When I Get a mate it's usually at the Mate Center, After a few weeks of hanging with my mate I become stupid and forget their username, XD! It makes me feel horrible, when I see them in bonfire or Fluorite Plains I make sure that they don't see me. But when I do remember their usernames, we Role Play or just sit and talk. And I do have different mates on different chars, Once one of my mates got online and I mixed up the characters, when I got on the animal I thought was his mate I logged back on and said Hello. -_- He had no clue who I was XD! I felt bad after that, and now I don't have mates, But people having mates doesn't bother me at all. Only when one of them gets dirty, That's when I log off for the day :D!
~There are many things that will catch your eye, But only a few will catch your heart~